Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 11, 2014
This is the cable you need if you want to use your Bose QC15 with the xbox one adaptor and use your microphone. The cable that comes included with the QC15 is for apple products and makes microphone unusable. I have tested this out and microphones great, friend are able to hear me clearly and the audio is excellent. This cable is advertised for Andriod phones. I searched everywhere for a solution prior to ordering and wasnt able to find one. I tried my luck with this cable and it worked. Thank me later ...
88 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
My original Bose microphone cable was showing signs of wear after 2 years of use, leaving wires visibly exposed when they enter the plug assembly. I decided upon this replacement and use my old cable as a backup. The HeadphoneMate works well, and appears to be made of good quality materials.

There are two things I have noticed so far which are different from the Bose cable. First, as is visible in the product photo, the jack is not angled. I did not notice this until after using it the first time. I prefer a 45 degree or 90 degree plug for use in confined spaces, like a coach airline seat, particularly when I am plugged into an audio jack which is right next to my leg. This arrangement can be uncomfortable as the plug digs into your leg.

The other issue is that the microphone on this device seems to have much less protection from breath popping noises than the OEM microphone cable. If you are speaking directly into the microphone, the noise is considerably more distracting than that of the original Bose cable. I found this particularly disappointing, and may ultimately superglue a small piece of black cloth over the microphone hole.

If both of these items are addressed in future versions, I would give this item 5 stars. I still can recommend this cable as a more reasonably priced replacement to the Bose cable.
on August 15, 2014
This product does not work with either the Samsung S4 or S5 phones. I tried the cable originally with the QC15 Bose and my S5 got only the right channel to produce sound. Sent them back and ordered another cable assuming the original was defective. Second cable came and again they only produced sound in the right earphone. Tried them with my daughters S4 same issue. Do not recommend for Samsung phones.
on February 13, 2014
I desperately wanted to use my BOSE QC15 headphones with my new Playstation 4' s dual shock 4 controllers audio out. My QC15's worked great for audio however the inline mic did not work with the factory Bose mic cable because the 3.5mm Trrs connector was reveresd to work with apple products:/ BUYING THE HEADPHONEMATE SAVED ME TIME FROM MAKING MY OWN 3.5mm TRRS dongle and it looks and sounds great:))) Now I can command my squad during BATTLEFIELD 4 with my sweet QC15's. NOTE... I had contacted Bose about this problem the response I got was "the QC15's inline remote and mic are for apple not android" I asked if there was anything I could do? Response was "No" so I'm sticking to you BOSE:P
HEADPHONEMATE ALLOWS YOU TO USE YOUR QC15's With non apple products As intended it totally ROCKS!
on August 20, 2014
I searched everywhere for what i needed to do in order to use my Bose QC15 with my new XBOX ONE Headset Adapter. After a lot of head-scratching and trial and error, I talked to Microsoft about my problems with the headset and the adapter. They told me i was the first one to have notified them about the QC15 not working with the adapter. I found this cable and bought it. Works great with my Bose QC15 and XBOX ONE Headset Adapter!!! FINALLY!! haha The only problem i have is that i wish it would pick up my voice better. My friends tell me its harder to hear me than when i used the original XBOX ONE headset. I believe its due to the fact that this mic is on the cable that sits below my chin and not directly in front of my mouth like on the original headset. i love using this cable to play XBOX ONE my Bose QC15!! GREAT Sounds!! P.S. bought it back in July. still works great!
on February 18, 2015
The 3.5mm connector failed with very few hours of use. The internal wiring seems to have failed where the cable joins the 3.5mm connector leading to inconsistent audio and barely mentionable microphone functionality.

It's really unfortunate this product is of such low quality at this price point; there aren't many (maybe none) alternatives.
on January 30, 2015
This was absolutely what I was looking for! Now I can use my Bose QC15 headphones with my PS4, it was a shame having those things and not being able to use them that way because of the iPhone cable they come with. This changes the positions on the rings for mic in and now it works beautifully. Played for an hour and voice was clear to friends with no high pitch feedback that some adapters put off. Will update if there is a problem in the future, but hoping these keep working for a long time coming!
on January 30, 2015
Worked for 2 weeks. Bought as a replacement for the original cable on my Bose qc-2. Sounded great while they worked. Toggle button for volume never worked consistently. After 2 weeks the on/off button on the cable began to randomly turn off. "Pop!" Off and then 5 seconds later "Pop" back on. Totally frustrating.
on June 29, 2015
I was incredibly pleased to see another company making and selling this accessory.
Bose stopped making these items and wanted me to trade-up to a new headset that already came with in-line mic.
As if.
(Not the place to vent about Bose, but....) As please as I was to find this item I was as disappointed with Bose's decision and attitude about my options since I own more than half a dozen (expensive) Bose products. A company with a better attitude would have suggested an aftermarket option such as this, but Bose is strongly against integrating their stuff with non-Bose accessories so they wouldn't tell me this product was an option. Again: I'm very pleased to have found this item and have been using it with no noticeable impact on listening sound quality.
on February 26, 2016
I bought this a year ago, then bought a second one for when the first one broke. I thought it would break because it was cheap and the genuine bose cords occasionally break. Well the first one is still going strong! I am hearing impaired and have tried numerous solutions to talk on the phone, but the HeadphoneMate Inline Microphone plugged into my Bose Quietcomfort is by far the best solution, in fact a GREAT solution. And unlike other microphones I've used, no one I've talked to has complained of the sound quality of my voice. I used to ask people if they could hear me OK, and they all said fine.

Hearing loss aside, this is very convenient when I get a phone call while listening to music from my droid. I just tap my android watch to answer and when the call is over, the music picks back up again.