Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on March 11, 2014
This is the cable you need if you want to use your Bose QC15 with the xbox one adaptor and use your microphone. The cable that comes included with the QC15 is for apple products and makes microphone unusable. I have tested this out and microphones great, friend are able to hear me clearly and the audio is excellent. This cable is advertised for Andriod phones. I searched everywhere for a solution prior to ordering and wasnt able to find one. I tried my luck with this cable and it worked. Thank me later ...
44 comments36 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2014
My original Bose microphone cable was showing signs of wear after 2 years of use, leaving wires visibly exposed when they enter the plug assembly. I decided upon this replacement and use my old cable as a backup. The HeadphoneMate works well, and appears to be made of good quality materials.

There are two things I have noticed so far which are different from the Bose cable. First, as is visible in the product photo, the jack is not angled. I did not notice this until after using it the first time. I prefer a 45 degree or 90 degree plug for use in confined spaces, like a coach airline seat, particularly when I am plugged into an audio jack which is right next to my leg. This arrangement can be uncomfortable as the plug digs into your leg.

The other issue is that the microphone on this device seems to have much less protection from breath popping noises than the OEM microphone cable. If you are speaking directly into the microphone, the noise is considerably more distracting than that of the original Bose cable. I found this particularly disappointing, and may ultimately superglue a small piece of black cloth over the microphone hole.

If both of these items are addressed in future versions, I would give this item 5 stars. I still can recommend this cable as a more reasonably priced replacement to the Bose cable.
on February 13, 2014
I desperately wanted to use my BOSE QC15 headphones with my new Playstation 4' s dual shock 4 controllers audio out. My QC15's worked great for audio however the inline mic did not work with the factory Bose mic cable because the 3.5mm Trrs connector was reveresd to work with apple products:/ BUYING THE HEADPHONEMATE SAVED ME TIME FROM MAKING MY OWN 3.5mm TRRS dongle and it looks and sounds great:))) Now I can command my squad during BATTLEFIELD 4 with my sweet QC15's. NOTE... I had contacted Bose about this problem the response I got was "the QC15's inline remote and mic are for apple not android" I asked if there was anything I could do? Response was "No" so I'm sticking to you BOSE:P
HEADPHONEMATE ALLOWS YOU TO USE YOUR QC15's With non apple products As intended it totally ROCKS!
on January 7, 2014
Doesn't connect properly with my Moto X (only one ear works), but works correctly with a Galaxy Nexus, MacBook Pro, and iPad.
44 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2014
This product does not work with either the Samsung S4 or S5 phones. I tried the cable originally with the QC15 Bose and my S5 got only the right channel to produce sound. Sent them back and ordered another cable assuming the original was defective. Second cable came and again they only produced sound in the right earphone. Tried them with my daughters S4 same issue. Do not recommend for Samsung phones.
on August 20, 2014
I searched everywhere for what i needed to do in order to use my Bose QC15 with my new XBOX ONE Headset Adapter. After a lot of head-scratching and trial and error, I talked to Microsoft about my problems with the headset and the adapter. They told me i was the first one to have notified them about the QC15 not working with the adapter. I found this cable and bought it. Works great with my Bose QC15 and XBOX ONE Headset Adapter!!! FINALLY!! haha The only problem i have is that i wish it would pick up my voice better. My friends tell me its harder to hear me than when i used the original XBOX ONE headset. I believe its due to the fact that this mic is on the cable that sits below my chin and not directly in front of my mouth like on the original headset. i love using this cable to play XBOX ONE my Bose QC15!! GREAT Sounds!! P.S. bought it back in July. still works great!
on May 5, 2014
This cable is not angled on the connector. I have broken two of the Bose cables because of this angle issue, and now that it is not on an angle, its much stronger. The volume and pause keys on the wire are just an added bonus, and they are great.

would recommend to buy for everyone.
on June 29, 2015
I was incredibly pleased to see another company making and selling this accessory.
Bose stopped making these items and wanted me to trade-up to a new headset that already came with in-line mic.
As if.
(Not the place to vent about Bose, but....) As please as I was to find this item I was as disappointed with Bose's decision and attitude about my options since I own more than half a dozen (expensive) Bose products. A company with a better attitude would have suggested an aftermarket option such as this, but Bose is strongly against integrating their stuff with non-Bose accessories so they wouldn't tell me this product was an option. Again: I'm very pleased to have found this item and have been using it with no noticeable impact on listening sound quality.
on January 13, 2016
I can confirm this mic cable allows for the use of my Bose QC-15 headphones with ps4 by adapting to the universal android mic wiring scheme on the 3.5mm jack, utilizing the mic for online communication. My Bose were provided with an inline mic cable that works for Apple devices, which has the mic signal wire and a different wire swapped, preventing use of the mic with non-Apple equipment. This will work for an Xbox One, and I believe QC2 headphones as well.

The build quality is not quite as nice as the Bose provided cables but it works just fine, and it saves me from having to purchase sub-par gaming headphones for online communications. $20 for some of the better headphones on the market to be fluent with new age gaming consoles, I can't complain.
on June 22, 2014
i use mine with ps4 and voice qual is better than any other brand i have tried since the ps4 has came out