Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 9, 2011
I searched high and low for exactly this product - and the price can't be beat! (FYI: I bought this when it was about half the price it is now...)

I bought one of those Case Logic cases, but it was bulky, hard to set up and opened halfway - so the dvd player kept sliding and my son, in his car seat, couldn't see it. Real pain.

This case is a perfect fit for my Sony DVP FX 970 (9-inch player, fit is snug), the screen swivels and so I can slip it into this case.

My only reservation was that the control buttons on the DVD player are really sensitive and they are inside the casing, I was worried that hitting bumps in the road might knock the dvd out of commission (starting it, stopping, fast forward, menu, etc.) ...but was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. The sound was still good (despite that the speakers for the player are under the mesh).

This is really lightweight - no velcro - they are buckles that snap. I wish the straps were a smidge longer (so I could hook it up for my son's rear-facing car seat in the back - he is in the middle - but I did manage to rig it up).

Really awesome buy, especially when compared to $30+ for the Case Logic system. I was hesitant to buy this because I didn't see any reviews - but I am soooo glad I did!

Also, I ordered this the Thursday before July 4 - and it came by Saturday. I was so shocked at how fast it arrived. All in all, great product, fast service. I'm happy.

My only idea for improvement - a clear plastic screen that would protect the actual DVD player screen. But really, this thing is fantastic.
on October 8, 2011
This is exactly what I was looking for to use with our Sony DVP-FX970. My daughter is still rear facing, so I wanted something that could easily be moved from the rear headrest to the front headrest and from vehicle to vehicle when we switch cars......or removed completely when I'm parked somewhere where I don't want to advertise that we have a portable DVD player in the car. Have used this in my parents car, an Acura MDX as well....but since their car had narrower headrests, had to use a zip tie to pull the 2 straps together in the back so they wouldn't slip off the headrest. All in all, this seems to be better than the other options I came across when I was shopping for a headrest mount (like the ones that involve having to attach hardware to a headrest making it impractical to move from car to car), but $20 for something that's made out of a little bit of elastic, netting and fabric covered cardboard seems a little bit steep.

**Update**
Recently found a handy new use for this so I wanted to update my original review. Brought my daughter's portable DVD player on a recent airplane flight. I had thrown this mount in the bag thinking we might use it once we got to our destination, but while I was on the plane, realized that I could attach it to the back of the tray table & attach the DVD player to the back of the seat in front of us. Not having to have the tray table down meant there was extra leg room for Mommy & Daddy which is a big win in my book. : )
on September 17, 2011
This is VERY cheap BUT might have done the job had the straps that attach to your headrest been closer together to fit smaller headrests. I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox and the headrest is like a small square and the straps on this thing are so far apart. I had to return.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2012
For the price I would have thought the straps would be at least long enough to wrap around a standard headrest. I tried to get in on my 2009 Subaru Outback and it is preloaded so much that it probably will break in a few weeks. I may return it. The straps are about 7" long and should be 12" in order to lock properly.
on July 2, 2015
I bought this Car Headrest Mount for the Sylvania 9-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player with 5 Hour Built-In Rechargeable Battery, USB/SD Card Reader, AC/DC Adapter, Red I purchased in anticipation for the long distance road trip I took with my 5 & 7 yr old kids. It does its job: holds DVD player in place so kids are not fighting over it or having to share it while one manipulates it more than the other. However you can't really control anything (volume, play, pause, stop, DVD changing) by hand. You need to use the remote and even so, the remote sensor is at the top of the device. My kids are too short to use the remote, so I've had to do it from the driver's seat. Overall it serves it's purpose which is to keep the DVD player in a position where everyone in the 2nd row seat can see and share it.
on October 3, 2011
I have a 2011 Toyota Sienna and the headrest is a bit too tall and skinny for the straps to stay on. I had to add a couple thick rubber bands to hold the straps narrower on the headreast to make it stay put. That makes the center of it bow out towards the back. It really fits the sony dvp-fx970 well.
on June 19, 2012
I purchased a Philips 9-Inch LCD Dual Screen Portable DVD Player about a year ago for my daughter. We only use the main screen since she is the only one watching. In the last several months, no matter how I tried to tighten or re-position the straps that it came with, the DVD Player was moving so much that on my 45 minute commute, anything she was watching would just skip constantly. I was about ready to just take the thing out of the car and call it a loss when I found this. This has saved our DVD player and now it NEVER skips from movement, even when I hit big bumps or potholes. It fits our DVD player perfectly and all the buttons are accessible. I am contemplating removing the mesh that covers the lower front buttons, but so far it hasn't been much on an issue, I just have to slip my finger inside it to feel for which button I need to push. If you are having problems with vibration/movement making your DVD Player skip and/or the door open sensor constantly trigger, get this and it will solve all that. As mentioned in some previous reviews, the straps that come with this are a little short and might be an issue if you have a really large/over-sized headrest. I had to pre-tighten them a little, but it fits fine on my 2009 Nissan Rogue headrests.
on August 6, 2011
The headrest in the product image is bulky and rectangular. The 4 cars I've tried this in have front headrests which are taller, tapered at the top and tilt forward. This mount does not work on any of them. The straps are either too short or slip off easily, and the viewing angle is poor.

I tried swapping out the front headrest for one of the rear ones, which are inherently boxier. However, the DVD player sits at at a poor viewing angle and it's very uncomfortable for the front passenger.
on February 4, 2016
Fits near perfect with "Sylvania 9-Inch Swivel Screen Portable DVD/CD/MP3 Player with 5 Hour Built-In Rechargeable Battery, USB/SD Card Reader, AC/DC Adapter." Only complaint is that one of the straps covers the AC/DC plug.
on December 29, 2012
I've had this item for 5 weeks as I write this review and I'm happy with it so far. I have a 2011 Nissan Murano and it fits perfectly between the headrest posts.

I purchased this product to use with the "Orei DVD-P901 9-Inch Swivel Screen Multi Region Free Portable DVD Player" and it works great (the DVD player is a different story).

The only two complaints I can share, and they are minor, is the Velcro strap on the top of the player is a bit weak and I'm afraid if we were in a car accident the DVD player would pop out the top. In an accident this is probably the least of our problems but it is something I think about.

And second, with the DVD player we bought the charging jack is located on the left side under the lower strap. You can still sneak the plug into the charging jack but it takes two hands and a couple extra seconds of fiddling to do so. Again... minor complaint.

I'd recommend buying this product.