From the Back Cover
In Heads in Beds: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing, author No Raza teaches the reader how to build brands, generate sales and grow profits through marketing. Written for students as well as practitioners, this book is based on eight principles that the author teaches and brings to life:
- Branding: generate sales through strong brands
- Knowledge: the more you know, the more you'll grow
- Results: long-term strategies solve short term needs
- Big Picture: it's not about style versus substance, it's about substance armed with style
- Creative Budgeting: outthink versus outspend
- Happiness: enjoy what you're doing
- Dare To: be different!
- Success: compete with yourself for your own excellence
Heads in Beds: Hospitality and Tourism Marketing contains extensive discussions and practical information about the marketing job, markets and products, marketing budgets, branding, advertising, creation of brochures and collateral materials, promotions and public relations, Internet marketing, and several key topics not found in other resources such as:
- Marketing to Travel Agents
- COOP Marketing with Wholesalers
- Loyalty Marketing
About the Author
Ivo Raza is a branding consultant and founder of Brandhaus, a full-service marketing agency that specializes in integrated marketing solutions for hospitality, travel, and tourism clients. He has developed brand strategies, directed advertising campaigns, and managed marketing projects for a variety of companies and brands including Allegro Resorts, Viva Wyndham Resorts, Karisma Hotels, El Dorado Resorts, Jack Tar Village Resorts, Occidental Hotels, Royal Hideaway, Schick, Blue Diamond, Kraft Foods, Boston Beer, and others. For seven years, No was in charge of marketing at Allegro, which he helped grow into the largest chain of all-inclusive resorts. His professional mantra is: "Don't out-spend. Out-brand." He lives in Miami, Florida, and may be reached at email@example.com.