5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for any artist, March 27, 2000
Sherri Caudell (Crawfordsville, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Draw Heads and Portraits (Watson-Guptill Artists Library) (Paperback)
Jose Parramon's book is a necessity for any artist. This book not only includes a canon for the standards of proportions, but takes you step-by-step thorough the process of drawing a successful portrait. He also includes information on drawing children as well as older adults. This is one of the most helpful and complete book on drawing portraits I have every owned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, Precise, Exact, October 23, 2001
This book contains all the principles a portrait artist needs to know. It is extremely useful for all levels of ability. It covers everything from the rudiments of the construction of the head to practical advice for composition. I really feel this book help to shape and refine my technique. I recommend trying to draw all the examples as you go through it. Then reread it one more time for a more thorough understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid intruction book, September 22, 2009
An excellent book with step-by-step instructions. I always enjoy Mr. Parramon style and precision. The exercises go a long way in de-mystifying the heads and portrait. I really enjoy the section that deals with the positioning of the head at various angles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, June 29, 2013
Nigel S. Siva (Bowie, Maryland, USA) - See all my reviews
I really like the way Jose Maria Parramon describes the canon for the human head (scaled in terms of the width of an eye). Separate clear illustrations on how to draw eyes, nose, mouth and ears are very useful. I have benefited a lot from this book, and keep one copy handy at all times. I have recommended this book to many of my friends, and I have even bought multiple copies as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book to learn, March 16, 2014
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn how to draw the human head. Very simple to follow..Love it.

How to Draw Heads and Portraits (Watson-Guptill Artists Library)
How to Draw Heads and Portraits (Watson-Guptill Artists Library) by José María Parramón (Paperback - Dec. 1989)
Used & New from: $7.79