Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 15, 2013
I have a couple of these, one for the office and one for home. It allows me to use a computer headset (the type with two 3.5mm plugs) with a home phone. At home it's my Panasonic cordless phones (the handsets have single 3.5mm jacks) and at work its some Cisco IP phone (mine has a single 3.5mm jack, though I've seen others with different types of jacks, so check your phone first). I've never had any problems with them. They just work.
Why do I want to adapt a PC headset? I believe that high-end computer headsets are better than the phone headsets available. I've been using Sennheiser PC-350s, and I get an excellent noise cancelling microphone and an ear cup on each ear, allowing me to focus on my call even in a noisy environment. Hands-free bliss.
on February 4, 2014
I purchased one in 2010, works excellent & still in use daily. purchase in Nov 2013 and Jan 2014 do not work. They have static. purchased another telephone and static is still present. Tried on 3 different handsets, still static. I received item not as pictured. The new ones have bump in middle with connector. The old one was 2 lines out of phone adapter. Replugged, pushed in further, still no. I still need one and hard to find. Returning.

Update 03.31.2014: They are hard to find so I worked on my older one. I used a fine nail file and polished the male connector on my adapter from 2013, then rubbed with a clean cloth. It has worked perfectly since doing this polishing/cleaning job. Maybe they should add a note to the instructions.
on January 27, 2012
I bought this to allow me to use a set of PC gaming headphones (Steelseries Siberia V2, dual 3.5mm plugs) with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless headset (2.5mm receptacle) and it works perfectly.
on July 8, 2013
I make purchases for approximately 40 engineers. This is their favored adapter for our Cisco phone headsets. They find the sound is clear and they last. It is the only adapter I order.
on January 9, 2013
I have purchased 3 of these already. First one lasted a couple years which was great, but when it failed I bought another two for using them with two phones and headsets. Only a a few weeks after using them, they started to fail.. Always the same problem: connexion gets lost and you need to twist the cables until it start working, until it gets unusable as overtime it gets worse and worse. I think for $13 these should be of higher quality. I'm having a hard time finding other vendor that offers this type adapter but with higher quality.
on February 24, 2015
I learned about Headset Buddy adapters through reading Amazon reviews. If you search amazon for the three words Headset Buddy adapter you'll see all of them. This adapter makes me very happy as it allows me to use my existing computer headset for talking on my chordless land line phone handset which needs a 2.5mm plug. This means I only use one headset for everything. So simple! Honestly it's all a little confusing to me so I'm just glad Headset Buddy has so many adapters to choose from, that I picked the right one, and that it works so well. The adapter is kind of heavy so seems to be good quality and definitely works AOK. The product photo is accurate.
on May 1, 2013
UPDATE #2: Long Tail Products sent me a replacement (overnight shipping, wow) and this new adapter works just as I would expect. Sound now mimics stereo (goes to both ears) and I am very happy with Long Tail's customer support. The first adapter I received produced only mono sound in my right ear and when I'm on a 2 hour conference call, this can get very annoying and tiresome to the one ear as well as making it difficult to hear all the details on the other side of the phone (important when the other side is using a speaker phone). I would now recommend this to anyone based on the product and support provided!

UPDATE #1: Despite the performance I haven't found a better replacement so I've been using this. While on a call, a complete fluke happened; my elbow rested on the headphone connection and I was immediately able to hear in both the left and right headset (thus mimicking stereo sound). This confirms what other reviewers have said: the physical connections aren't tight enough. I don't know if this was even supposed to happen, but it made my phone calls so much better by hearing people in conference rooms in both ears.
on October 19, 2009
Couldn't make it any easier to use. Works as advertised. More important, it lets me use my favorite headset(Logitech Premium Notebook Headset) to talk on my cell phone as well as my mac/pc via skype...
on November 18, 2015
I've only had this for a few months and it started to drop the connection and pop so I have to order a new one. It seems the wires at the bend have gone bad. I tested it with other phones to isolate the problem and it is this connector. I can't find another with is configuration to connect my Logitech dual headset. I'd just be careful and choose this only if you have no other option.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2013
I purchased this item twice. First time was more than a year ago for 2 pieces. One of those was bad upon delivery but the other has continued to work well to date. Second time was recently and that one piece is working okay so far. I use them to connect a headset to a cordless phone (to compensate for my gradual loss of hearing with [old] age). In this use they do get some flexing although I handle them carefully.