5.0 out of 5 stars solves one of the great problems of the 21st century
Published 22 months ago by RaveTheTadpole

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, but it sounds fine. (Xbox 360)
Published on March 3, 2011 by Kevin LeBlanc

5.0 out of 5 stars solves one of the great problems of the 21st century, January 15, 2013
RaveTheTadpole (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Headset Buddy Adapter: PC Headset to Phone Adapter PC35-PH25 - Use Computer Headset with Home/Cell Phones - Convert Dual 3.5mm to 2.5mm (Electronics)
I have a couple of these, one for the office and one for home. It allows me to use a computer headset (the type with two 3.5mm plugs) with a home phone. At home it's my Panasonic cordless phones (the handsets have single 3.5mm jacks) and at work its some Cisco IP phone (mine has a single 3.5mm jack, though I've seen others with different types of jacks, so check your phone first). I've never had any problems with them. They just work.
Why do I want to adapt a PC headset? I believe that high-end computer headsets are better than the phone headsets available. I've been using Sennheiser PC-350s, and I get an excellent noise cancelling microphone and an ear cup on each ear, allowing me to focus on my call even in a noisy environment. Hands-free bliss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where have this thing all my life?, October 19, 2009
Amazon Customer "Tech Freak" (Freeport, FL United States) - See all my reviews
Couldn't make it any easier to use. Works as advertised. More important, it lets me use my favorite headset(Logitech Premium Notebook Headset) to talk on my cell phone as well as my mac/pc via skype...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for its intended purporse, January 27, 2012
I bought this to allow me to use a set of PC gaming headphones (Steelseries Siberia V2, dual 3.5mm plugs) with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless headset (2.5mm receptacle) and it works perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, but it sounds fine. (Xbox 360), March 3, 2011
I am using this product along with a PC headset (Altec Lansing) and an Xbox 360 controller, and the 2.5mm plug works and fits in the controller fine, even stays in great. However the 3.5mm plugs fit, but do not stay connected at all and slide out easily. I literally have to hold them in to keep the connection. I fixed this with some electrical tape though, and after taping the plugs together, it stays connected and sounds great. While the product name doesn't suggest that it would work with an Xbox 360 controller, the technical details clearly state: "Can be used as Headset for XBox 360 Controller", which is not entirely the case. The fact that I'm using it with an xbox controller shouldn't even matter, since the part I taped was the 3.5mm plug that connects with the headset.
Overall, it works fine for me, but I had to tape the plugs to get them to fit. So go in expecting about 5 minutes of work to get it to work right if you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Headset Buddy Adapter, July 8, 2013
I make purchases for approximately 40 engineers. This is their favored adapter for our Cisco phone headsets. They find the sound is clear and they last. It is the only adapter I order.

5.0 out of 5 stars This adapter works as advertised, February 27, 2013
Now I can use a full-size, PC or gaming headset with both ears covered, instead of the puny single-ear headsets that are sold for phones with 2.5 mm jacks. Good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars New design, failure, polish/clean to work, February 4, 2014
I purchased one in 2010, works excellent & still in use daily. purchase in Nov 2013 and Jan 2014 do not work. They have static. purchased another telephone and static is still present. Tried on 3 different handsets, still static. I received item not as pictured. The new ones have bump in middle with connector. The old one was 2 lines out of phone adapter. Replugged, pushed in further, still no. I still need one and hard to find. Returning.

Update 03.31.2014: They are hard to find so I worked on my older one. I used a fine nail file and polished the male connector on my adapter from 2013, then rubbed with a clean cloth. It has worked perfectly since doing this polishing/cleaning job. Maybe they should add a note to the instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any gaming headset!, July 12, 2010
I had purchased a gaming headset for use on my business phone and was put off when I saw they only came with 3.5mm jacks. With a little searching I ran across the Headset Buddy and with a tad bit of apprehension, due to other adapters I have purchased in the past, I ordered it not really expecting a lot. Well that apprehension was unfounded as I plugged my Cyber-Acoustic headset into it and felt the snug contact between the jacks and then plugged it into my phone. The connection is superb and static free so the sound quality is excellent. I highly recommend this anyone wanting to use a gaming headset for their phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, December 11, 2009
I was so happy with the purchase of my PC headset to smartphone adapter Headset Buddy: PC to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter: Convert Dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm, PC Computer Headset to iPhone, Blackberry, Palm, Samsung, LG, HTC that I bought this adapter for my husband. Sound quality is great and he takes with with him everywhere he goes (instead of carrying around 2 headsets).

5.0 out of 5 stars Looked long and hard for this, March 12, 2014
Worked to split a standard set of 3.5mm headphones (audio and mic) to my Panasonic cordless phone. I also ended up using two MK-1 audio switches to split the audio and mic sources from the PC and phone to the headset. Was unable to find a single basic switching device that supported both audio and mic.