Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on September 3, 2011
I have to say that I am a little shocked that an item like this even exists. Lets get a few things straight;

1- These headphones, unlike some others, and contrary to some of these other reviews, ONLY output other player's voices. They DO NOT output any other game sounds, music, etc. This means that while you are playing you cannot hear the television, for example in a FPS, you will struggle to hear gunfire, footprints of enemies, and so on. The only way to combat this would be to turn your television up. Problem is, because these headphones cover both ears, you have to blare the television at ridiculous volumes to get the same experience you'd have with the traditional Xbox Live headset. This makes no sense to me.

2- Several of these reviews say that these headphones are tight. They are not tight. Not even close to tight, and in fact they are fully adjustable. At the largest setting you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a head big enough to fill them.

Bottom line:

If you're looking for a pair of actual "headphones" that output voice communication and game sounds, go check out pretty much any pair by Turtlebeach. Make sure to take a look at what the cables look like. If you want both types of audio output you'll need the Xbox Live headset connection, like these have, and also another wire that connects with the Xbox directly. Without that second component you'll get no game sounds.

For 7 bucks these are great. I just can't understand for the life of me why they were created. A product that simultaneously improves part of a game's performance (giving you great clarity in voice audio), but completely degrades all other noises from your television by boxing your ears in. I don't get it.
1717 comments|194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2011
Well I dont know why people say it blocks out all other sounds, cause it really doesnt. The audio in and out quality is much like the Microsoft name brand wired headset, the mouth piece is pretty good, the inner wires are covered buy a bending metal cover wire bit. The headphones are tight, i mean very tight at first but afer about an hour or t2o my ears got used to it and the headset was fairly comfortable and with time it will fit like a dream. The build is good, and these things may look big in the picture but trust me its pretty small which is very nice. I say need a replacement but want structure at a low prive then buy this. it'll get the job done and it works.
66 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2012
I got this headset for my 15 year old son who plays almost every day for 4-5 hours a day. He is very particular about the headset he wears and since I got him these I haven't heard one complaint from him. Not ONE! That means alot.
Thank you for making such a great headset.
on July 8, 2014
This Item would have received a review of 5 Stars the item works perfectly except for one thing the fact that it plugs into the controller and if the controller is low on battery it it's real scratchy still worthy buying though.

UPDATE: Since I originally made this review the problem has persisted and new problems have arisen considering that for one it makes an obnoxiously loud ringing noise that you, yourself cannot really hear, but the people playing can hear it and according to them it is an awful sound similar to nails on a chalk board another issue is is sometimes, they cannot hear you or you get very static like if this happens you have to un plug the microphone and then plug it back in several times before it goes back to normal and then at least with my experience a few days after that happened my microphone died I would be very cautious buying this product. Considering it broke in a week. Aswell, I would caution anyone buying this product to not neccesarily listen to the 5/5 reviews look at the dates of things.
on August 5, 2015
My son goes through alot of headset due to him leaving them down where his sister can tear them apart or the cats chew them up. He likes this one, but it's not the greatest. We paid 6 bucks for it, so I am overly happy with it. If the cats chew it, it's 6 bucks and not 80 or 90 like some of the other headsets. He can hear the other players and they can hear him. So again, for 6 bucks that's a good thing.
on November 9, 2015
I bought these for my husband and i bought myself the same ones but in pink. The sound is good and other players claim to hear me clear as well. They fit good and are pretty comfortable as long as they're not on for a very long time. as with most headphones they start to hurt after a while but i can usually play with these on for a good 6+ hours before i can't stand it anymore. these are excellent headphones for the price.
review image review image
on January 4, 2012
Got this headset as a gift for my husband and he was very excited about it. He can hear the others great, he likes the ease of turning it on/off & up/down :) The only flaw is the amount of time it takes to plug in the headset to the controller...it is a bit more tricky than it looks :(
on May 27, 2016
My two year old was able to rip the cord and mouthpiece right off. It was accidental but it's pretty weak. It worked very well, otherwise. As long as you don't have kids or dogs pulling on it, it will work just fine.
on December 9, 2015
These are great for the price. My kids put their headphones to the test on a daily basis and these are durable and work great. They cannot hear the actual game through these but can talk to their friends and that is what is most important to them anyway. For the price, you can't beat this set of headphones for the Xbox 360. I already bought two sets of them and this set I bought for a backup just in case they break one or the price goes up.
on May 15, 2015
These are fairly inexpensive headsets, but they work great. If you're looking for a simple headset that works well, this is a good fit. It's comfortable and covers both ears, so it's very easy to hear through. The microphone is about the right sensitivity and picks up sound clean. I would very much recommend this headset!