Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 15, 2013
I ordered and received the "Limeade" color, and noticed immediately that it was too small for my 58cm head. Having had other Headsweats hats that fit me perfectly, I called the Headsweats headquarters to inquire. A helpful woman explained to me that their colors of Limeade, Pink, Hot Pink, and purple (Royal?) are women's sized (2cm smaller).

So I will need to return this one, and too bad as I loved the color. Shame on Amazon for not identifying the men/women sized hats so we could order accordingly.

UPDATE: On October 15, 2013 I emailed Jeff Bezos and explained the problem with men's vs women's sizing for these hats. Today on October 29 I see that Amazon has put the women's sized hats into a separate listing, Headsweats Womens Performance Running Outdoor
44 comments143 of 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2010
I now have six of these! First was in orange, which led my wife to say, "Why Orange?" So I bought one in her favorite color, red, then blue, then white, then black, then lime green. Not just because she likes color. The hat is extremely comfortable, light weight, and helps in sweat absorbtion. It also washes up beautifully. I've been running for many years, and very few hats have been right--too stiff, too heavy, hard to clean, no sweat band etc. This one pretty much does it all--and the colors really are great. I've cleaned my drawer of all my hats except my marathon commemoratives. Not that I really ever wear them.
0Comment61 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
Very lightweight, absorbs sweat well! There's no grommet at the top of the hat (as seen in one of the photos posted that rated it poorly, perhaps it was an older model?), so nothing to rust(?), just a plastic clip on the back. LOVE that the "underbrim" is black, really helps block the sun and also like the built in "headband" (not a full headband, but built to absorb sweat). It's quite a "deep" hat, so can pull down low over your head if desired (e.g. to block sun, avoid people, etc.). Definitely recommended!
review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment44 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2013
I paid US$18,45 (shipping included) for this cap in LIMEADE color. I have liked it a LOT. I've been playing tennis with it for 3 months in hot, hot weather.

Pro
Material: 100% Coolmax polyester. It is SUPERB LIGHT + 100% breathable;
VERY good, durable, nice and elegant.

The cap design with a flat front panel makes a great fit over the head, fits as a glove, no wrinkles, adjusts fine.

Interior of the cap: the "Coolmax fabric terry band" is one of the best terry cloth sweatbands in comparison with all my others caps.

CoLoRs are GREAT and after 3 months of intense use the color hasn't fade.

Con
Best sun protection offered by this hat is in front part of the face, but lateral is not so good SO don't forget to use good sunscreen protection.

SIZE: My opinion is that it is for an "adult average head size", and better fit is between M - XL (I am L size).

I prefer hand washing this cap to protect the plastic clip, but them can be machine washable in warm water, delicate cycle, with non-chlorine bleach & non use of fabric softeners. AND AVOID contact with velcro (can damage the material).

I play tennis & I own over 15 caps (Adidas, Nike, ASICs, others) and now I have two (2) Headsweats hats that have become top favorites when I am playing in a sunny day, because them offer MUCH more sun protection than conventional tennis caps AND are MUCH MORE breathable for SuRe!

It this review was helpful please v..., thanks!
0Comment41 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2011
Like the hat, keeps head cool and sweat from coming down into my eyes. Only problem is that the thin plastic on the buckle broke almost immediately. I'm trying to tie the 2 straps of the hat together in the back now.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2010
Odd looking hat.. barely fits over my head and I wear 7 3/8 or 7 1/2.
11 comment59 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
I bought this hat (in plain white) as an alternative to the Halo visor I had purchased earlier. While the Halo works very well at keeping sweat out of my eyes, the visor is constructed in a way that in not terribly appealing looking when I wear it. The Halo II headband alone option works very well, especially under a cycling helmet. Back to this hat, which fits well, is good looking, but does not perform any better than any other ball-type hat I wear when running. I sweat profusely, and in the hot, humid Louisville summers we have here, this product just does not perform as advertised to my satisfaction. If you tend to sweat buckets like I do, I'd look elsewhere.
22 comments26 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 23, 2014
I bought this hat in June directly from the manufacturer. Surprise! It's rusting out at the top rivet already - I haven't washed it or done anything except wear it to run in. Spend your money on a better quality product.
review image
33 comments41 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
the hat is very good and although it says one size fits all, it has a adjusting clip. This clip is the lightest plastic and broke the first time I wore it! I sewed the two straps together and now it's one size fits all and durable. The attaching clip shouldn't be this light weight as this isn't a cheap hat.
on April 19, 2012
If you run with a hat, this is probably your best bet. my only mild complaint comes from the color selection. I ordered white in an effort to avoid heat like you might get with a black or dark blue hat. The white is REALLY WHITE.

I realize how silly this sounds. It's a hat! Nevertheless, I wish there were some other light colors more suited to male tastes. As I write this Amazon offers pink, hot pink, orange, lime and baby blue. An off-white, light gray or something similar might be in order here.