Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 9, 2013
This inexpensive rain gauge works pretty well. You can set it for a daily, weekly, or monthly total. If it freezes, of course, not so well (not at all). The read-out resets at midnight, so if you are not up and about at 11:59pm, then you'll have no idea what that day's, week's or month's rainfall was. It does not give an annual total either. What would be great is a rain gauge that keeps a running total for the entire year, on a daily basis, with a way to download the data to a PC or other device. This was not an expensive rain gauge and works perfectly well for the casual rain fall tracker.
on February 11, 2013
So far so good. I installed this at a remote hunting property because I wanted a way to keep track of rainfall. It appears to work although I don't have a different rain gauge to compare it to. However, other gauges in the area (checked with some friends in the area) seem to have received similar amounts so I am currently operating under the assumption that it is accurate.

Installation was simple and it works exactly as advertised. Keeps track of daily, weekly, and monthly totals. It seems to also keep a cumulative total which is a real bonus for me. I was watching the gauge during a recent downpour and you could actually see the numbers change during the storm.
on August 22, 2013
This rain gauge is inexpensive but don't let the price keep you from buying. It works very well. The numbers are large enough to read easily and it works great.
on August 19, 2013
Information sounds good, I ordered one, and installed it, but at approx. 10 ft separating the collector and the display, it would communicate the first time, and later revert to all dashes. Resetting it would work sometimes, and then revert to dashes again. I returned the item and requested a new one figuring it was defective.
Guess again! The new one works the same as the first one, so I tried placing the display about 4 ft. from the collector. Same results, Dashes and when reset it blinked dashes, and stayed dashes. We had a previous wireless rain gauge that worked fairly well, I guess I will try a different brand than this.
on December 21, 2012
It met all my needs, as a former Air Force Weaher Man, I appreciate the untility of this resposiveness of this unit.
on May 4, 2013
Worked when they were about one foot part on the table but in service would lnot transmit more than about six feet. Warranty is worthless, with return shipping and replacement cost the new one would cost more than the original purchase.
on February 7, 2013
The guage reades over 20% low. The midnight reset is awkward. I like the cumulative reading. A cumulative storm reading with a manual reset would be more useful than the daily which I never get to see as I go to bed before midnight.
on June 5, 2014
The first one I received didn't work at all because the wires in the battery compartment on the collection unit were assembled in such a way that they shorted each other out. Returned that one for a replacement. That one was wired correctly but the base and collection unit wouldn't communicate. Sent it back for a refund. Bought an AcuRite 00899 instead. It was cheaper and has a really nice history feature.
on May 9, 2013
This gauge (for the price) is absolutely dead on accurate and easy to read. Definitely a good value - no hesitation in recomending this to anyone
on July 13, 2013
Read all the reviews on rain gauges..settled on this one for a gift.
We tested it when gift was given...worked GREAT..our friends loved it.. said they can't wait to get home at night to check the gauge..
Easy to set up..only thing is you can't put gauage too far from read out..

See 1 answered question