More About the Author
CONTACT INFORMATION: Amy Stein, DPT, BCB-PMD, IF; phone #212-354-2622
Beyond Basics Physical Therapy, LLC; 110 East 42nd ST, Suite #1504 NY, NY 10017
www.healingpelvicandabdominalpain.com (NEW VIDEO)
AUTHOR of HEAL PELVIC PAIN (www.healpelvicpain.com)
Executive Board Member, International Pelvic Pain Society;
Amy Stein is the founder and premier practitioner of Beyond Basics Physical Therapy in New York City, specializing in pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic pain, and manual therapy for men, women, and children while taking a holistic approach to each patient's entire well-being. She recently created a video:'Healing Pelvic and Abdominal Pain: the ultimate home program for patients and a guide for practitioners'. Amy is a well recognized expert in her field, lectures nationwide, and has been interviewed in media outlets ranging from the medical segments of popular news shows on television, like ABC's 20/20 to such newspapers as the New York Daily News and magazines like Prevention, Elle and More magazine. Amy is a contributor to the medical textbook, Female Sexual Pain Disorders: Evaluation and Management, and serves on the executive board of the International Pelvic Pain Society.
HEAL PELVIC PAIN offers readers relief and recovery for this illness through a program of strengthening, stretching and relaxation exercises, massage techniques, nutritional basics and self-care therapies. The book addresses the various pelvic floor disorders, including pain, interstitial cystitis, pudendal neuralgia, irritable bowel syndrome, endometriosis, incontinence, non-bacterial prostatitis, or discomfort during or after sexual activity--without drugs or surgery.
The book also provides valuable information that addresses:
* The pelvic floor and its importance in urinary, bowel and sexual function
* How pelvic floor dysfunction can be mistaken for many other things
* A program that can ease pain, bladder, bowel and/or sexual dysfunction without surgery
* How to relieve pain in an intimate area
* Enhancing ones sex life well into the elderly years
* The effect this malady has on men, women and children and during and after pregnancy
* A muscle-strengthening regimen that boosts sexual pleasure, eliminates incontinence, increases the bodies' core strength and pelvic stability.
* Guidelines on foods and beverages that ease your discomfort, and assist in bladder and bowel disorders
* Suggestions for stress- and pain-reducing home spa treatments
* Patient testimonials
* Resource guide
The reader will participate in a "symptoms monitor" to track his or her symptoms and how it affects their daily life. As the reader goes through the exercise and treatment recommendations, he or she can track their improvement and progress according to their symptoms monitor.
The book provides 2 different programs consisting of various exercises. Chapter 3 focuses on all the various pain syndromes related to urinary, bowel or sexual dysfunction, including IC, IBS, urinary and/or bowel frequency, urgency or retention, pudendal neuralgia, prostatitis, endometriosis, PID and more. Chapter 4 addresses pelvic floor muscle weakness and incoordination resulting in incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and/or decreased sexual response. The book is comprehensive but easy to read. It is a great resource for healthcare providers and for those that suffer.