Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on March 9, 2011
Healing Hearts by Taryn Kincaid is a must read for those of you who love the Regency period. Add the backdrop of the Napoleonic War and the story becomes even more powerful.
Taryn weaves a story of love-hate-love with skill, beautifully chose words and the perfect pacing. She makes you believe you are actually there-at the cliffs, then in the manor house-seeing, feeling touching the pain Emma and Adam go through. You feel their passion when Emma finally confesses her love only to have Adam say nothing.
Only when her drunkard of a father is dragged home does the truth come out. (Sorry but you'll have to read the book to learn the real truth and who unveils it.) That is the true surprise in this book.
Healing Hearts is one of those books that once you pick it up the world stops until you reach the last page. Suggestion-get plenty of microwave food in the house because that's what the family will eat until you finish it.
Taryn Kincaid is a force in the Regency world to be reckoned, now and in the future.
This book may be a novella but reads like a full blown novel and I can't wait for her next Regency.
Kudos to you Taryn for creating such a beautifully written book.
5 stars and a hug for you.
Healing Hearts is from Carina Press and available through them and through your favorite eBook source.
on May 5, 2011
Healing Hearts by Taryn Kincaid
* I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Healing Hearts is a touching tale about two souls finding forgiveness and comfort in one another. Emma has loved Adam since she was a child but now she blames him for her brother's death. Even though she despises him, she is drawn to him like no other.

Adam is home from the war, a bruised and battered man. He wants to go see Emma feels that he is not worthy of her. He has encased his heart in ice after the loss of his men. He doesn't have the heart to tell Emma the truth about her brother.

Even though this was a regency period story, it wasn't bogged down with a lot of unnecessary language. The author did a beautiful job of describing the utter despair of Emma's home as well as the bluff's where Adam was training. The story flowed well and their love story progressed at a quick pace but was still believable because of the history between them.

Even though Adam was such a tortured soul, he was a true gentleman and stood up for Emma's honor. It was easy to see why Emma loved him. I felt sorry for her when Farraday showed up. It was left up to her to take care of their home and her father's gambling debt, she was considering the only option she had left but Adam was there to save her.

I really enjoyed this story. I thought it was well written and flowed well for a novella. I give Healing Hearts 4 Flaming Hearts.
on March 4, 2011
I loved this book! Taryn's word choice was amazing and transported me back in time. Yes, the romance advanced quickly, but that is necessary in a novella. To me the story was believable and wonderfully written. I commend Taryn Kincaid on a job well done and would highly recommend this book.
on March 3, 2011
2 1/2 stars (rounded down to 2 stars because I was disappointed to see a good premise "wasted" like this)

This book has most of the key ingredients to a good romance: an emotionally and physically damaged hero who can't forget the horrors of war + a tortured heroine who blames the hero for her brother's death on the battlefield and is in dire straits due to her father's gambling debts + angsty conflicts heightened by the hero's sense of guilt and inadequacy + steamy love scenes. Unfortunately, all that is crammed into the word limit of a short story - and the overall result is a very rushed romance that failed to grab me.

I wish this had been a full-length book, because I liked Ms. Kincaid's writing and I think I would have enjoyed it better if I didn't feel like I had to run to keep up with Adam and Emma's more than fast "courtship". As it was, it was hard to connect with their emotions because whenever I started to feel an empathy for them, they changed and I was bereft. Adam and Emma spent a lot of time thinking to themselves and not so much talking to each other. Their inner dialogues gave me a good insight into their feelings so I could (sort of) see why one would fall in love with the other, but I couldn't understand how that happened considering their lack of verbal interaction and their inability to read minds. At the end of the day, and I mean that literally because the whole story happens in the span of a few hours, it was hard to buy their HEA.

All in all, I can't say I liked this book. I didn't hate it either, and that's the best thing I can say about it.
on April 3, 2011
Go back in time while you read this is a wonderful romance with well written characters and a great plot twist! I look forward to reading more from Ms. Kincaid!
HEALING HEARTS by Taryn Kincaid is an exciting historical romance set in Regency England. It is a quick read full of guilt,romance,love, sweet sensuality and family. Emma finds herself without friends,family,her twin brother killed during the war,her father has disappeared leaving her with mounting debts and only one way out and keep her home,to sell herself.But Emma can't bring herself to do that. Viscount Riverton,Adam,has returned from the war with guilt,Emma's twin brother was killed while in his command,and scars not only of the mind but also physical ones. His face was tragically burned leaving the once handsome,sexy Adam disfigured. But Adam and Emma who both once had an attraction to each other twelve years earlier,find that attraction is still there and growing. Emma as a child had once asked the other Adam "to wait for her to grow up" she intended to marry him. Soon Adam and Emma learn that not even twelve years could stop their desires or their attraction.Adam determined to save Emma at any cost and Emma determined to remain independent will learn that they need each other in order to survive.This is a great read. This book was received for the purpose of review from Net Galley and the publisher and details can be found at Carina Press and My Book Addiction Reviews