Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on December 15, 2000
I have suffered with chronic active Hepaptitis C for quite a few years, first noticing symptoms of fatigue in 1991. My physician told me that my fatigue was due to stress and depression. He prescribed Prozac for me which brought on a whole bunch of new symptoms. I soon stopped eating,and developed an "I don't care" attitude. Another physician, after hearing of my symptoms had me take a blood test. I then found out that I had Hepatitis C and the early stages of cirrhosis.
I researched conventional medicines such as interferon and ribavirin and decided not to take them but to go the natural route. I went to a nutritionist chiropractor who had me take lots of different herbs and supplements. I did seem to get better but then after a few weeks I got worse. My liver enzymes shot up to over 400 and every part of my body hurt me. I couldn't concentrate on my job and always felt nauseous and sick. I became desparate.
In July 2000, one of my friends had told me that he had heard about a Dr. Zhang in a newsletter that was written by Dr. Andrew Weil. Apparently, Dr. Zhang was having success using a unique herbal therapy to treat hepatitis C. I called his office and found out that his clinical practice was in New York City. Since I was in Florida, I asked if the Doctor could still help me. I purchased a copy of his recently published book, Healing Hepatitis C with Modern Chinese Medicine. I followed the advise that he gave in his book and within one month of following his herbal protocol my liver enzymes were almost normal.
Now, five months later, I feel like a new person. My life is back to normal. I have returned to full time work as a real estate agent, go to many sporting events and still have the energy to play football with my two boys.
Reading this book turned my life around. I am so happy that it is now available to so many people through Amamzon.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2003
A reviewer on this page takes issue with the fact that Hepa-Pro SELLS these herbs. Get real. Do you expect them to give them away? I, for one, am greatful to have a place to purchase these formulations; formulations that have worked for liver ailments in the Far East for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. The only proof I need is that, like the other reviewers here (and countless others) I am in much better health since I began the protocols about 17 months ago. Normalized enzymes, viral-load 1/3 of what it was and symptoms disappeared (I didn't even know why I felt the way I did). As for FDA approval, it will never happen. Why? There is no money in herbs. The pharmaceutical companies will lobby to block their approval. They would much rather SELL THEIR drugs - which HAVE NOT been shown to work. Anyone with HCV should at least check out this info with an open mind.
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2002
Dr. Zhang has an incredibly sensible approach to staying healthy and treating this disease, a disease that is vastly over treated by conventional medicine. It is the first book about Hepatitis C I have ever read that made me feel better about Hep C when I read it, rather than sick to my stomach.
on December 22, 2005
I bought this book for a buddy who isn't online. Hard working carpenter, family man and a good person in his late 50's Likely picked up hep in the military with a blood transfusion, he'll never know. He's been through the Pegasus treatment, it hadn't worked but had about broken them financially, as well as being very hard on him physically. They wanted him to do it again. His blood work indicated he was actually worse than before he did it.

So he asks me to buy another book from Amazon about herbs and hep C, and i do, but see this and i bought it for him. Actually fealt moved to buy it for him. He ended up calling Dr. Zhang and going to him. He's well now. This costs a fraction of the Pegasus treatment ahd wasn't hard on him physically. But i repeat the actual bottom line. His blood work say's he's got it well under control. True story. He asked me to be sure to put it out on the web. He's still something of a luddite. But he's a healthy luddite now.
on February 16, 2001
Dr. Zhang's book offers info not found elsewhere. Western doctors claim that there is nothing to be done for those with hepatitis C, but this book proves them wrong. Herbal medicine can make a great difference in the lives of hep C patients. This book provides concrete evidence in the form of reasoned, scientific study and case histories. Thank you, Dr. Zhang!
on August 31, 2008
I was diagnosed with the Hepatitis C virus about 25 years ago. The doctor at that time said there was nothing I needed to do about it except just not drink alcohol. I ignored this advice and basically forgot about it until about a year ago when a new doctor had blood work done again to check my liver function numbers. They were very high and a biopsy was done. It showed that I was still OK...a 1 out of 5 with 5 being cirrhosis.
Anyway, I was now faced with the prospect of treatment with conventional western medicine which is long and has many side affects. I then found Dr. Zhang's book and decided to try his approach. I ordered the herbs and started treatment. Not only are their no side affects for me, I already have lost 10 lbs.(I was about 60 lbs. over weight) and am sure my numbers are coming down. I feel so much better already. My circulation has improved so much that I have full feeling in my toes which I didn't before starting the herbs. I will see my regular doctor in another 2 months and have my numbers checked.
Hundreds of people have used this therapy with great success and I will do a follow-up review after I have completed the therapy. Check back to see...in the mean time check out this book to understand why Traditional Chinese Medicene may be the best treatment for these viruses.
on August 31, 2010
After reading this book I visited Dr. Zhang at his clinic in NYC and have been following his protocol for 3 years. I have had HCV for 35 years and only realized and began treating it in these last few years. I order herbs from Dr. Zhang and have seen my liver enzymes fall by 1/2. My overall health and immune system are also noticeably improved. I had visited a Hepatology unit at a local hospital, had many tests and spoke to the Western doctors who all but had me dead in 6 months before I discovered Dr. Zhang and his Chinese Medicine techniques. Dr Zhang has told me I will die WITH Hepatitis C...not of it. I think this will be true for me and my PCP confirms my excellent health despite living with this virus.I reside in Virginia, so it is not necessary to be near NYC to take advantage of his skill with this chronic condition. Dr. Zhang works with people all over the country by phone.Dr. Andrew Weil recommends him for those seeking an alternative treatment.
on January 7, 2008
I GOT A LOT OF HELPFUL INFORMATION OUT OF READING THIS BOOK THINGS I COULD NOT FIND OUT ABOUT ANY WHERE ELSE,SO THANK YOU DR. QUINGCAI ZHANG!
on February 14, 2015
excellent info but I need to know where to get the products he reccommends
most have been discontinued or he has changed the names. The website is very not helpfull
The best product I found is the Herb Som for sleep
I could use a website for more info on the various formulas. The ones in the book are not redily available.
on September 16, 2014
Helpful information. Well written.