5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Zhang's book saved my life
Published on December 15, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Hep C Doctor and Cure!
Published on July 28, 2009 by Living Today

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Zhang's book saved my life, December 15, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Healing Hepatitis C with Modern Chinese Medicine (Paperback)
I have suffered with chronic active Hepaptitis C for quite a few years, first noticing symptoms of fatigue in 1991. My physician told me that my fatigue was due to stress and depression. He prescribed Prozac for me which brought on a whole bunch of new symptoms. I soon stopped eating,and developed an "I don't care" attitude. Another physician, after hearing of my symptoms had me take a blood test. I then found out that I had Hepatitis C and the early stages of cirrhosis.
I researched conventional medicines such as interferon and ribavirin and decided not to take them but to go the natural route. I went to a nutritionist chiropractor who had me take lots of different herbs and supplements. I did seem to get better but then after a few weeks I got worse. My liver enzymes shot up to over 400 and every part of my body hurt me. I couldn't concentrate on my job and always felt nauseous and sick. I became desparate.
In July 2000, one of my friends had told me that he had heard about a Dr. Zhang in a newsletter that was written by Dr. Andrew Weil. Apparently, Dr. Zhang was having success using a unique herbal therapy to treat hepatitis C. I called his office and found out that his clinical practice was in New York City. Since I was in Florida, I asked if the Doctor could still help me. I purchased a copy of his recently published book, Healing Hepatitis C with Modern Chinese Medicine. I followed the advise that he gave in his book and within one month of following his herbal protocol my liver enzymes were almost normal.
Now, five months later, I feel like a new person. My life is back to normal. I have returned to full time work as a real estate agent, go to many sporting events and still have the energy to play football with my two boys.
Reading this book turned my life around. I am so happy that it is now available to so many people through Amamzon.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff really DOES work., August 18, 2003
By A Customer
A reviewer on this page takes issue with the fact that Hepa-Pro SELLS these herbs. Get real. Do you expect them to give them away? I, for one, am greatful to have a place to purchase these formulations; formulations that have worked for liver ailments in the Far East for THOUSANDS OF YEARS. The only proof I need is that, like the other reviewers here (and countless others) I am in much better health since I began the protocols about 17 months ago. Normalized enzymes, viral-load 1/3 of what it was and symptoms disappeared (I didn't even know why I felt the way I did). As for FDA approval, it will never happen. Why? There is no money in herbs. The pharmaceutical companies will lobby to block their approval. They would much rather SELL THEIR drugs - which HAVE NOT been shown to work. Anyone with HCV should at least check out this info with an open mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better approch than any conventional medicine, March 21, 2002
By A Customer
Dr. Zhang has an incredibly sensible approach to staying healthy and treating this disease, a disease that is vastly over treated by conventional medicine. It is the first book about Hepatitis C I have ever read that made me feel better about Hep C when I read it, rather than sick to my stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Voice that Needs to be Heard, February 16, 2001
Heidi Nye (Long Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Dr. Zhang's book offers info not found elsewhere. Western doctors claim that there is nothing to be done for those with hepatitis C, but this book proves them wrong. Herbal medicine can make a great difference in the lives of hep C patients. This book provides concrete evidence in the form of reasoned, scientific study and case histories. Thank you, Dr. Zhang!

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs to be heard! This Works!, December 22, 2005
I bought this book for a buddy who isn't online. Hard working carpenter, family man and a good person in his late 50's Likely picked up hep in the military with a blood transfusion, he'll never know. He's been through the Pegasus treatment, it hadn't worked but had about broken them financially, as well as being very hard on him physically. They wanted him to do it again. His blood work indicated he was actually worse than before he did it.

So he asks me to buy another book from Amazon about herbs and hep C, and i do, but see this and i bought it for him. Actually fealt moved to buy it for him. He ended up calling Dr. Zhang and going to him. He's well now. This costs a fraction of the Pegasus treatment ahd wasn't hard on him physically. But i repeat the actual bottom line. His blood work say's he's got it well under control. True story. He asked me to be sure to put it out on the web. He's still something of a luddite. But he's a healthy luddite now.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last....a chance to heal...., August 31, 2008
I was diagnosed with the Hepatitis C virus about 25 years ago. The doctor at that time said there was nothing I needed to do about it except just not drink alcohol. I ignored this advice and basically forgot about it until about a year ago when a new doctor had blood work done again to check my liver function numbers. They were very high and a biopsy was done. It showed that I was still OK...a 1 out of 5 with 5 being cirrhosis.
Anyway, I was now faced with the prospect of treatment with conventional western medicine which is long and has many side affects. I then found Dr. Zhang's book and decided to try his approach. I ordered the herbs and started treatment. Not only are their no side affects for me, I already have lost 10 lbs.(I was about 60 lbs. over weight) and am sure my numbers are coming down. I feel so much better already. My circulation has improved so much that I have full feeling in my toes which I didn't before starting the herbs. I will see my regular doctor in another 2 months and have my numbers checked.
Hundreds of people have used this therapy with great success and I will do a follow-up review after I have completed the therapy. Check back to see...in the mean time check out this book to understand why Traditional Chinese Medicene may be the best treatment for these viruses.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY HELPFUL BOOK, January 7, 2008
I GOT A LOT OF HELPFUL INFORMATION OUT OF READING THIS BOOK THINGS I COULD NOT FIND OUT ABOUT ANY WHERE ELSE,SO THANK YOU DR. QUINGCAI ZHANG!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent information, August 31, 2010
After reading this book I visited Dr. Zhang at his clinic in NYC and have been following his protocol for 3 years. I have had HCV for 35 years and only realized and began treating it in these last few years. I order herbs from Dr. Zhang and have seen my liver enzymes fall by 1/2. My overall health and immune system are also noticeably improved. I had visited a Hepatology unit at a local hospital, had many tests and spoke to the Western doctors who all but had me dead in 6 months before I discovered Dr. Zhang and his Chinese Medicine techniques. Dr Zhang has told me I will die WITH Hepatitis C...not of it. I think this will be true for me and my PCP confirms my excellent health despite living with this virus.I reside in Virginia, so it is not necessary to be near NYC to take advantage of his skill with this chronic condition. Dr. Zhang works with people all over the country by phone.Dr. Andrew Weil recommends him for those seeking an alternative treatment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Hep C Doctor and Cure!, July 28, 2009
I have read this book and have had an appointment with Dr. Zang in New York City. He pushes his products at you for Hep C. He also is not an Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in the United States, but is a Doctor of Acupuncture. Qingcal Zang wants you to bring blood tests to him because he can not order them nor is he licensed to draw blood. Zang just wants your money, and is not into curing Hep C. Don't waste your time with him, or this book. My Doctor a Hepatic Specialist at Columbia University said he has seen this man take advantage of to many people. Please don't fall victim to him or this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Is Irresponsible & Deadly BUNK!, November 12, 2007
God has a special place in hell for people who take advantage of those who are critically ill. Chinese herbs do not "cure" hepatitis C. If any of you so cavalierly promoting this book had ever watched someone you loved die from end stage liver failure secondary to hep c you wouldn't be so quick to promote this quack's book. The only cure for hep c is pharmaceutical. And unfortunately, IT isn't 100%, although it IS becoming more and more effective.

Healing Hepatitis C with Modern Chinese Medicine
Healing Hepatitis C with Modern Chinese Medicine by Qingcai Zhang (Paperback - May 1, 2000)
Used & New from: $7.94