Don't Let Shame Sabotage You
Are you your own worst enemy? Are you your biggest critic? Do others believe in you, but you find yourself filled with doubt? Do you sabotage the success you long for? Do you turn to addiction to make you feel better? You are not alone. Many people do the same. Why? The answer, in a word, is shame.
Dealing With Pain From Shame
Shame impacts everyone, but not everyone knows how or why it affects them so much. Shame often comes from the hurts of your past and manifests in: insecurities, addiction, depression, broken relationships, and a variety of self-defeating behavior. How you deal with pain can be the difference between staying stuck in your past and taking back your life.
Who Is This Book For? People Who...
- want to understand the cause of basic dysfunctional behavior.
- struggle with feeling worthless, depressed, angry, fearful.
- struggle with addiction and self-defeating behavior.
- want to understand loved ones with these struggles.
- want to connect with God in a meaningful way.
- are considering, or currently in, counseling.
- are in the helping professions.
What You Will Learn From This Book:
- The causes of shame and the emotions that go with it: depression, anger, and fear.
- How shame negatively impacts your life and undermines your relationships.
- How shame causes you to sabotage your success.
- How the lies you believe cause you to live in defeat.
- How God's unconditional love addresses your deepest emotional needs.
- How to reclaim your life and get back on track with God's help.
- How the Bible speaks directly to the pain of shame and gives concrete answers to your healing.
How Is This Book Different From Other Books On Shame?
There are many excellent books on shame. They help you identify shame and see how it impacts you. But you need more than information. You need transformation. Healing the Hurts of Your Past is unique in addressing the pain of shame by helping you find your worth outside of other people or your performance and roots it in the unconditional love of God. Healing is not about what you can do. It's in understanding the truth of who you are in God's eyes. F. Remy Diederich offers a faith based approach with helpful Bible insights and even prayers to help you connect with God.
As an example of life change, one reader said: I loved reading Healing the Hurts of Your Past! It really cleared things up for me even though I've had extensive psychotherapy and counseling. It was such a big help to see things in a clearly defined biblical connection! God really touched me through this book and lots of things are being restored in my heart even still.
Others have said that the book is "a jumpstart to healing" and a "guide to healing." And yet another reader noted it's practical faith based approach: This book presents an excellent balance of scripture & anecdote. It does not "over spiritualize" or go off on weird tangents in a way that some books on "Christian emotional" healing do. Everything the author discusses is backed up by scripture.
Let The Healing Begin
If you seek Christian counseling, addiction treatment, or just want to repair the damage that has been done by living with the lies and hurts of your past, Healing the Hurts of Your Past is a powerful first step to finding the life you've always wanted.