5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Simple - Yet Incredibly Effective!
I recently purchased this interesting little workbook - and, surprisingly, the results have been both immediate and amazing.

Published on February 7, 2005 by Randy Martens

3.0 out of 5 stars Ki Kou -
Book arrived in great condition and just when I needed it. I had a very runny nose from a summer cold, I followed the routine for runny nose and it stopped! I haven't used it for anything else yet but am enjoying reading it. The directions could not be simplier, but that is the beauty of qigong - simplicity.
Published on August 3, 2010 by Gary Ronge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Simple - Yet Incredibly Effective!, February 7, 2005
This review is from: Healing with Ki-Kou: The Secrets of Ancient Chinese Breathing Techniques, Second Edition (Paperback)

Being American, I had a natural skepticism toward health concepts and understandings coming out of the Orient - where health and well-being is not solely a monopoly of the medical and drug industries. But after recently discovering that as a culture the Chinese are the healthiest in the world in terms of the lowest incidents of debilitating diseases such as cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and many other maladies associated with stress so common in the western industrialized world, I decided to look into and experiment with some of these techniques that date back thousands of years.

My experiments with just a FEW of the techniques (clearly described and visually illustrated in the book with simple drawings) have produced considerable results in my life, such as a noticeable increase in my general feeling of well-being, a lowering of blood pressure, as well as needing less sleep. For example, since doing the exercises I've been waking up at around 3 a.m. in the morning feeling wide awake and ready to go, which, I can assure you, has NEVER been a customary habit of mine!

All I can say is at least give the techniques described in this book a fair try. They're a lot LESS expensive than drugs and doctors, and a lot MORE effective!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING SIDE EFFECTS!, December 28, 2004
LOSE WEIGHT! REDUCE STRESS AND BLOOD PRESSURE! This is the easiest therapy I've ever tried! I take half the meds now and I've lost 22 pounds! AMAZING! ONLY 4 MONTHS TOO! When I bought this book I was a skeptic like most people but decided to actually do it, not just read about it. If the techniques only produce half of the results they claim it's a winner! I have high blood pressure (it's 135/90 was 158/101) and low back pain (still some pain but not as bad), caused from being overweight and never exercising. I'm not a "No Pain No Gain" type person! I hate exercising, I'm a Lazy-boy potato! In 4 month's I've cut my meds in half and hope to eliminate them completely. My doctor is scratching his head. I just turned 62 on December 14th! Sleeping is something I enjoy again! Here's the catch, YOU MUST ACTUALLY DO THE BREATHING TECHNIQUES PETER RANGER! Just reading the book isn't going to produce results! It's like "One Hand Clapping!" (i.e. Knowledge without Action makes no sound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually works., September 18, 2005
Was somewhat leary at first, decided to give it a go.

Tried three of the breathing techniques so far, pleased with results. Hard to understand how just breathing properly can change things. The one for fatigue (page 101) is wonderful. Just follow the instructions in the book ( takes a bit of practice to get it right)and it will work. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It actually works., August 16, 2006
So often Books which claim that by reading them you will be able to achieve this or that, fall far,far short of their claims. "Healing with Ki-Kou:" does what it say's and Dr. Li Xiuling is to be congratulated on her book. I have recently been told I have angina, so I bought the book. I practised the breathing exercises and angina pains I get shortly after getting up in the morning, no longer occur. Thats after 4 days practice. Similarly, the angiogram I had recently went so much better because as the procedure was carried out I practiced the breathing exercise and was totally relaxed. The book is easy to follow and the diagrammes are quite adequate for the purpose.I can only say that by breathing as she recommends your health will be improved and that must be a bonus to anyone. I recommend the book whole heartily, no pun intended.Old Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing Secrets, July 27, 2005
Healing with Ki-Kou is another piece in the puzzle for me. Breathing techniques work wonders and this book is chock full. Highly recomended for the health concious.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!, January 7, 2007
Carol A. Busam (Murrells Inlet, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This book actually works! My systolic blood pressure was hovering at 143 (or above). It now (after only 4 DAYS) is at 111/62! I recommend this book to everyone, it does work! Also, the stiffness in my neck due to stress has improved by 85%. I just can't believe it. Dr. Xiuling is to be congratulated on her work. I can't say enough great things about it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assist your own innate body energy to move freely, May 13, 2007
This wonderfully easy to follow book is all you need to start breathing fully from now on. The graphics are there on every page along with full and easily understandable instructions. Some of the exercises I recognise as following the ancient Meridian pathways to encourage the freedom of energy within the body thereby enabling the innate healing action within us. I am very pleased to have found this book and I encourage it's use.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Heal Yourself With Ch'i?, March 23, 2009
Imagine curing cancer, colds, viruses, ulcers, heart disease, arthritis, impotence, and discomforts from menopause-simply by breathing. Imagine banishing headaches, fatique, nervousness, stiffness and pain simply by breathing. And imagine harnessing the most powerful force in your body, channeling it, and using it to heal yourself. Discover the healing techniques of ki-kou, a secret system of chinese breathing exercises, a system that's been used by Chinese doctors for thousands of years, to heal everything from colds to cancer. By practising ki-kou you actually radiate vital life energy-chi-through your body. The ancient Chinese believed that when chi is stalled in your body, you get sick. When you practice ki-kou, your energy is able to travel through your body freely, healing and preventing disease. Ki-kou is the simplest easiest form of healing ever seen...

3.0 out of 5 stars Ki Kou -, August 3, 2010
Gary Ronge (East Brady, PA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good book, September 14, 2007
This is a down- to- earth, practical, straightforward book that contains a lot of useful information. The practices are simple and easy to do, and there are chapters for a number of specific ailments and exercises for dealing with them.

I cannot speak for the effectiveness of the practices (yet) because I don't believe I have been doing them long enough. I am, however, confident that they will have an effect. I will, of course, put in an update once I know more about just how effective they are (for me, at least)...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›