5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!
I picked up this book after hearing the author on the radio.

He was incredibly interesting and said a ton of things that I had never heard before, but I thought that this was going to be a self-help book.

Boy was I wrong!

Published on September 12, 2009 by Robert Hernandez

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Bibliography; Unfocussed and Disorganized Content
Published on February 3, 2012 by phileana

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Healing, Meaning and Purpose: The Magical Power of the Emerging Laws of Life (Paperback)
I picked up this book after hearing the author on the radio.

Boy was I wrong!

The author has phenomenal qualifications and this is a million miles from the usual New Age and self-help books that promise you the Secret. Richard Petty starts off with a load of scientific advances that haven't come across my radar, and he goes on to dissect a lot of the usual material about chakras and auras.

After the housecleaning he helps us explore a whole new world of health and wellness that has already reached the British Royal Family and many world leaders.

The idea that the "Laws of Healing" are changing seems bizarre until you look at the evidence. I was amazed at some of the statistics about the changes that are occurring in humans right now.

The basic idea of the book is that our bodies and minds are designed to repair and maintain themselves, but we allow things to get in the way: we don't exercise, we ingest toxins, think junk thoughts and have a disconnect between our bodies and our minds and our relationships. But when he talks about relationships, he is not just talking about the relationships between people, but also with our cells, our organs, our environment, what he calls the "subtle systems" of the body, and also our spirituality. There are a lot of exercises in the book, as well as case histories, but it looks as if this is just a first introduction to the system of what he calls "Integrated health." The system is a lot more comprehensive than anything I've seen before, and he helped create it in England with the encouragement of Prince Charles. At the back of the book are hundreds of books and websites that he recommends.

There is a lot in this book, and I am sure that I am going to be reading it many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a total package that gets my thumbs up!, November 9, 2007
This is an amazing book written by an amazing man. It's breadth and depth reflect the author's diverse professional competencies within and beyond traditional healing practices, including: internal medicine, psychiatry, endocrinology, homeopathy and various Chinese healing arts. Despite what could be a highly complex or academic read, the narrative flows with simplicity and excitement which enhances your interest in the topic and appreciation for someone so gifted. Readers will discover delightful stories, actual case examples, practical tips, insight and solutions on a range of issues affecting their mental, physical and spiritual wellbeing, all cleverly organized and supplemented with memorable quotes from the world's most brilliant and inspirational peoples. In addition, career practitioners and coaches such as myself will appreciate the many unique lists and exercises provided by this book, as well as the extensive bibliography. I had the opportunity to interview Dr. Petty about this book on my radio program and was able to hear firsthand his passion for this topic, which I believe readers will find reflected on every page.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Bibliography; Unfocussed and Disorganized Content, February 3, 2012
The author is a British-born and -trained M.D. with a wide interest in new frontiers in physics and metaphysics as well as medicine. He sounds like a great guy, and may be a great physician, too. I wouldn't be at all surprised. But it's hard to tell, because the book is so disorganized. The author's aim is to introduce some new knowledge about the universe and the human body and brain, explain how it's relevant to helping you, the reader, with your health problems, and then apply that new approach to the sample problem of obesity. Unfortunately, he doesn't achieve his aim because he can't stay on track long enough to do it. And this is true not only at the chapter level, but even at the paragraph level, where his topic sentence leads you to expect that the rest of the paragraph will be about A, but it's actually about C and then X. It's too bad, because he writes clear sentences, and when he stays on track, can explain things well. I kept hoping he'd get a grip on his task and the book would improve, but it didn't. My one consolation is that he has a huge bibliography with a lot of references--British--that I haven't seen before.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish it had been professionally edited !, January 24, 2009
Zunaira (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
After reading his book and viewing his blog I have no doubt that Dr. Richard Petty's knowledge is vast and covers many areas. He has many important and helpful things to bring to our attention.
Overall I am glad to have found his work.

I was able to view his blog: [...] however his website seems to be password protected: [...]

Unfortunately I have to point out the problems that stop this book from becoming a bestseller, which it easily could've been!

1- I felt that this kind of book definitely needs an Introduction, even a short one, which is missing.
2- More than that, what's missing is an Editor! This book badly needs a GOOD editor.
3- The book builds up to the 'later chapters' but these were a let down. Obesity was chosen as a sample health problem, but the info is very specific and I wish general instructions were given instead. Also, I would've been happy with more on TFT.
4- Again, an INTRODUCTION to many things mentioned would have been very, very nice.

Half way through I found myself constantly trying to adapt to the organization of the material. Then I checked to see who the lousy Editor was, but couldn't find one. So I am assuming this book wasn't edited by a professional writer, and that is the problem.

I'd like to thank Dr Petty for writing this book. There are SO MANY important points in it; I understand it must have been a hard write.
I wish Dr.Petty good luck with his new books.

There is no competition in healing and no one should hold back any discoveries in fear of criticism.

Peace.