Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 5, 2003
Mr. Evenson has issued several albums in the New Age genre, usually with himself as producer and key performer (flute and Native American flute, primarily, and keyboards) and his wife, Dudley on harp. On this CD, they are joined by Scott Huckabay on acoustic guitar, D'Rachel on harp, Jonathan Kramer on cello and Li Xiantiag on guqin, basically a Chinese zither. The recording also has some ambient sounds of waves and whale/dolphin calls. These are done softly and at the beginning and end of songs. The music is electronically mixed. There are overdubs of the flute parts and some mild reverb effects.
The music is generally at slow or shifting tempos. Since there is no percussion, the beat is more implied than forced and there are sections that seem to be without tempo - where the musicians are feeding on each other. I enjoy the peaceful sounds of flutes and strings and the compositions are relaxed and peaceful. They are primarily in major keys although a few explore the searching
aspects of minor keys without being somber. There are 12 pieces and 62 minutes total.
I've used this CD and others of Evenson's successfully for prayer and meditation.
"In order to enhance a state of deep relaxation, we have included within the mix of music and natural sounds, the Earth Resonance Frequency of 7.8 hertz. This natural frequency of the planet's ionosphere supports relaxation, meditation, and "superlearning." ~Peace Through Music

Listening to this CD, reading poetry and soaking in an essential oil/sea salt bath is a weekly indulgence. I love the water sounds in Healing Waters and this CD always induces a deep state of relaxation. There are ocean waves, lush flutes, dreamy harps and flowing rivers. I love the way the waves sound and the way the flutes create a magical environment.

Instruments:

Silver Flute
Native Flute
Keyboards
Acoustic Guitar
Harp
Cello
Guqin - a silk-stringed zither, China's oldest stringed instrument

Sometime I fall asleep at night listening to this CD and imagine I'm in an underwater bubble with fish swimming all around. I have seen shows where they have underwater hotels like this, but so far I've only visited in my imagination.
For a deeper relaxation experience, use headphones and get into a warm comfy bed.

If you fall in love with this CD, also look for music by Tom Barabas, Scott Huckabay, Singh Kaur, Daniel Paul and Sunyata.

~The Rebecca Review
on January 11, 2002
I have had this CD for well over a year and I play it regularly. For deep relaxation, it is my portal into a meditative state, as it releases the stress and tension from my body, invites my mind to become calm, and gently persuades me to become one with the music. For lighter moods, it is just wonderful background music, producing a soothing and nurturing atmosphere for the soul.
on October 28, 2001
This is a beautiful and very soothing cd. I can see myself using it for for relaxation, meditation, massage, yoga, etc. I especially like the harp and flute which simply carry you away, along with backbround and subtle nature sounds and sounds of water, although these are *very* subtle so they don't distract, and they truly don't :-) The cd is dedicated to the healing power of water and includes the earth resonance frequency- which is close to our own nervous system's frequency and is the frequency dolphins and whales use to communicate. The resonance induces an alpha state, which enhances relaxation, meditation and "superlearning." This resonance can be felt but not heard, and I can vouch that this cd does indeed induce relaxation and peace. I'm not sure about the healing part yet, but it is wonderful to listen to all the same. It didn't put me to sleep, but allows for simple relaxation, stress relief; to float away and be as one. I will be looking for more cd's by Dean Evenson, hopefully they are like this one. Enjoy!
on January 8, 2002
My spouse and I had been finding it difficult to fall asleep. Sept. 11 and other stresses had created a high level of anxiety. This CD really helps us relax. I seldom get to hear it past the first 2 tracks; I usually zonk out as soon as the first soothing sounds are heard! I will be buying other CDs in this series.
on January 30, 2003
I use the CD Healing Waters by Dean Evenson as musical background in my office. I believe it helps me to concentrate better on the task at hand, but also allows me to cope with the challenges of the work day. I would recommend it. I may even buy a second one for meditation sessions at home.
on June 21, 2011
This is pretty calming music.Not what I usually listen to. I have been stopping by a park on my way home and listening to these cd's to calm a rough day and find it works. Just sitting by the lake and unwinding helps. I won't say I listen to this music alot but it deffentlly helps!
on April 27, 2005
I was looking for an album to relax to at the end of the day, during breath meditation, or a hot bath, but I didn't like the typical spaced out sounds of New Age music. This album delivers! It is beautiful, while never repetitive, and the whale/dolphin sounds feel like a natural, subtle addition to the music rather than a distraction. I have purchased several of Dean Evensons albums and they are all as wonderful as this one, and yet I could own several more without feeling like they repeat themselves. I can listen to them over and over again!
I have been listening and playing music from Peace through Music for 7 years. In my massage office, they are the favorite among my clients. This CD in particular creates a serene aura and every time I play it, even my talkative clients calm down and let healing begin for themselves. It is a must have for healing professionals and those wishing to vibrate on a higher level during meditaion!
on January 28, 2014
The music on this album is just lovely. If you are interested in creating a calm, serene, peaceful environment, you will enjoy the music on this album. It's excellent to play as background to yoga movements or as a non-distracting background while reading.