Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 18, 2013
Purchased as a required text for a Health Policy class.
very dry- but easy to understand-
lots of examples from Pennsylvania since author is from Pittsburgh
lots of up to date information from 2009-2010.... but that is where it stops- so be prepared- some things are out of date already.
on April 28, 2013
This textbook is insufferable. Dry and ciruitious in delivery, you will be exposed to cool and nifty frameworks and models without actually learning anything substantive. If I didn't have a great instructor who deviated from the text and expanded on the substance, I would have been lost. There is also a glaring typo on page 124.
on November 17, 2011
I found this book to be a good secondary book to Essentials of Public Health and Law, however the reading of this book was tedious in that the chapters were long and the information was dry. This book lacks mental stimulation.
on September 28, 2010
This was a required textbook for one of my classes. As far as the information in the book is concerned, this book is great. The concepts are presented well and are easy to understand. However, the book is REALLY dry. It actually literally puts me to sleep.
on September 22, 2014
This is a book that I was required to buy for a class. It is full of information and has lots of websites that can introduce students to many government websites used in the class. It is a difficult subject so having resources can only help.
on April 9, 2013
The first chapter put me to sleep. Once I got to the 2nd chapter, though, I couldn't put the book down. Great explanations of the process of legislation. I now am competent and interested in pursuing changing healthcare legislation for the better. Great explanations of medicare and medicaid.
on July 2, 2013
The book is written more for political science degrees interested in healthcare. It's not meant healthcare students. As a nursing student, I felt it went too in depth of politics than I cared to know. My class only skimmed through the book. Okay book- not meant for my profession.
on June 19, 2014
It's a good read. The authors give great historical context for many our country's major health legislation. This aids the readers understanding of the theoretical practicum discussed.
on June 23, 2013
Great resource and information. A bit dry and difficult to read, but not as bad as listening to the author in person!
on February 15, 2015
This was a required book for a course. It is very well written but very detailed so makes for difficult reading at times. I have quoted it many times in my course:)