4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been Great
The book gets 4 stars when it could have had 5. Why?

Published 22 months ago by Larissa

3.0 out of 5 stars Outdated Information
This goes for a lot of textbooks in the Health industry, but most of the information is about 10-20 years old, and has been proven either wrong, or just more information that changes the way of thinking. Great book for someone who knows nothing about health, but common sense and recent research renders much of the book outdated.
Published 21 months ago by Austin S.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Outdated Information, February 28, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been Great, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
The book gets 4 stars when it could have had 5. Why?

Well, there are far too many editions, revisions, etc available and it's a confusing landscape to navigate. I mean, yes, I can figure it out but I really shouldn't have to. There's no reason for this. Provide 1 low cost alternative, a mid-range paperback, and a kindle version. That's it. The digital packages are also not clear but whatever. That's enough of that.

Some people liked the illustrations. I found the layout a bit much. As though a graphic design student got a little ambitious and forgot about function. When trying to read all the information on the page, it starts to interfere with the flow of reading a chapter in sequence. It's a problem. I like design in fact, I love design but design should work WITH a concept and not against it. Too many times I found myself skipping over a shout out or inset so I could finish a chapter and then forgetting to go back and read something. That is not good. The design should be set up better so complete thoughts can end and allow students to also read the inlays/insets. It's highly fragmented.

Still, I'm not going to give it a low rating because the overall information was good and it wasn't poorly written (though there were certain chapters I took issue with).

2.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CIRRICULUM, January 28, 2014
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
When I did receive this used book there were alot of pages torn out and it was advertised as being in acceptable good shape???? This was not acceptable for myself and the price I did purchase this for. Also I paid extra for a 2 day priority shipping and didn't get until 5 days later! Not to cool!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good health textbook, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
This book is helping me learn quite a bit. It's a newer edition. And if you need the book I recommend buying this, and not an older one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get it, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
Book was in good condition and at a fair price. It doesn't come with the Code included in other books, but it does the job just as good. I advice anyone to be gentle with the cover page, it bends very easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good well written Textbook, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
Not the best textbook, but certainly not the worst
I feel sometimes like the book is trying to make me diagnose problems I don't actually have, but if I did have them I would want to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars yup its a textbook, February 3, 2014
what can i say
it was in good shape if a bit expensive
good luck in classes
don't forget to relax occasionally

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, January 23, 2014
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
This book was used in my online health class. I liked how clear everything was and how it was organized!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that I used for my Health Class last semester!, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Health: The Basics (10th Edition) (Paperback)
I didn't do so gr8 and may end up selling it to someone who needs it at the moment! Thanks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you read the fine print!!, January 9, 2014
I didn't read the fine print and got a "book" that I had to purchase a 3 ring binder for. This is an online class for me and it's very inconvenient to have to to have a 3 ring binder in front of me at the computer. Other than that it was delivered in the condition that it said it would be.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Health: The Basics (10th Edition)
Health: The Basics (10th Edition) by Rebecca J. Donatelle (Paperback - January 6, 2012)
$120.40 $101.46