Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 2, 2009 5:46:02 AM PDT
If our tax dollars are used to perform research then the findings are published in a book, why should we have to pay again for that information?

Posted on Aug 2, 2009 6:05:23 AM PDT
Book lover says:
The free information about the DASH diet is available on-line at the National Institutes of Health. I wrote the book because I found that my clients found the free information too confusing and not practical enough. Even when a dietitian delivered a personal explanation of the free information. So I wrote a book to make it more understandable. Since the DASH diet was first published, fewer and fewer people are eating according to its guidance. And the Dietary Guidelines for Americans also recommend the DASH eating plan for everyone. The question is, how do you make it practical. The DASH Diet Action Plan is the user-friendly guide to the DASH diet. (And, by the way, I have written comments to the NIH complaining that their free literature was not well done, especially the one page DASH diet handout, which doesn't even tell you what the DASH diet is. No response.) The DASH Diet Action Plan: Based on the National Institutes of Health Research: Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension

Posted on Aug 14, 2009 9:48:11 AM PDT
I have the disease Lupus. What concerns should I consider if I start the DASH Diet? My doctor told me to follow a heart-healthy diet (but not DASH specifically) . So, I'm going to try and follow DASH. Your book is very user-friendly. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2009 10:08:06 AM PDT
IF that's really the case I think your clients need to enroll back into school. Highschool that is.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Aug 2, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The DASH Diet Action Plan: Based on the National Institutes of Health Research: Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
The DASH Diet Action Plan: Based on the National Institutes of Health Research: Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension by Marla Heller (Paperback - March 20, 2007)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (307)