1,145 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars The coffee industry is going to HATE this review
Published on July 21, 2010 by bamboomaster

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much debris!
Published 20 months ago by lecyda

5.0 out of 5 stars The coffee industry is going to HATE this review, July 21, 2010
I was introduced to chia seeds by my daughter (a Level 1 Trauma Center emergency room nurse)when I last visited her digs. "Hey dad! Try this..." and then she handed me a 16 oz glass with what I thought I recognized as floating detritus from a poorly washed glass. I looked at her and she said "They're chia seeds!" So I took a big gulp of the drink as she explained how great they were for me. She sent me home with a zip lock bag full of them and her follow-on instructions:

Take 1 TBSP with a 16 oz glass of water once a day for a week.
Take 2 TBSP with a 16 oz glass of water once a day for a week.
Take 2 glasses of water in the morning and afternoon with the two TBSP dosage.

A remarkable think happened after 7-10 days in the process. It was around 2:00 pm in the afternoon and I didn't remember making coffee that morning. I checked my favorite coffee mug (usually used it 2-3x in the morning)and it was brand-spanking clean still in the cupboard. And I haven't felt the need to have coffee since. No withdrawal symptoms, no DT's, nothing. Like I said, the coffee industry is going to HATE this review.

More energy, have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks, and I'm off of coffee (an addiction I had for over 30 years)!

As for the seller, I received the 5 lb bag double bagged and there was no leakage, anything. Nicely packaged and shipped promptly. I'm hooked for sure...

Although some may disagree, I usually prep 2 glasses for the chia seeds before I go to bed (just leave 'em on the counter)and give them a stir in the morning. I usually add a slug of Trader Joe's cranberry juice to each glass just because if chia seeds are great, then chia seeds with cranberry juice have to be awesome, at least by my way of thinking.

FWIW, I'm NOT a vegetarian - just a regular working stiff who realizes that the results of the health-care system doesn't start with a primary care physician - it starts with us...

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my review and I hope they work for you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to use Chia Seeds, May 6, 2008
P. Morman (Florissant, CO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HealthWorks Pesticide and Chemical Free Chia Seeds 2 Pounds (Misc.)
To get the most out of Chia, make Chia Gel. It's one part Chia Seeds to 9 parts water. I make it in a Mason jar (shake or stir until the seeds begin to suspend in the gel) and keep it in the refrigerator. It creates a thick gel that you can add to most anything and it doesn't change the flavor. There's lots of info on the Web. Have a look! Chia seeds are phenomenal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chia for me., February 8, 2008
This is my first experience with Chia. I bought the book and read the nutritional value of the product. I have been using it for a month. It really cleanses the digestive system. It takes getting used to at first, as it has the texture of Okra. It has no flavor to speak of, so I use it twice daily and have sprinkled it on cereal, salads and mixed it half and half with jam. With Jam, used when it is mixed with water. I mix up a 1/2 cup of Chia with 9 equal parts of water and put it in the refrigerator to have available to use. I have a cup of green tea and put approx. 1/4 cup in the tea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, quick ship, poor packaging., August 12, 2008
This is the best price for Chia seeds I've found and the seller ships quickly; however, 5# of seeds are STUFFED into an overnight envelope. All it would take is a small puncture for all my seeds to be scattered before getting to me. . . These need to be boxed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make them taste good, February 2, 2013
I found a recipe for these that taste so wonderful.
It's also so easy.
1/3 cup chia seed
2 cups almond milk
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg if you want

Mix seeds with almond milk and whisk in honey, cinnamon and nutmeg.
let sit overnight in frig.
Warm if desired.
This has a taste somewhat like cream of wheat or maltOmeal with cinnamon and so good for you.
I put it in a travel cup and eat at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps my Fibro, September 10, 2012
I have been eating these seeds for 2 months with amazing results after 3 weeks. I eat mine in snackpak Chocolate pudding every morning. I drink water after. It has all but cured my symptoms of fibro which I have suffered with for 5 long grueling years. My afternoon naps are no longer needed. I take no medications. I am up moving and feeling good. My friends and neighbors are asking me whats up??I mowed my yard first time in a year and wanted to run while I was doing it. I wake up feeling GOOD. My menopause symtoms are gone and the "bitchy-ness is over. I have lost 15lbs and havent even tried to diet, just curbs your appetite. I feel at least 10 years younger mentally and physically. I've notice my skin looks healthier, My finger nails grow faster, I wish I would have known this 20 years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 2, 2011
Monchichipox (My Tree United States) - See all my reviews
The business side first: Great price. Came in a heavy duty, resealable bag, fast shipping.

Over the past year I developed severe acid reflux. Extremely painful while sleeping and sometimes during the day. I hated the medication I took to control this. A friend recommended these and I did some research and it seemed to back up here opinion. I make the gel, mix it with a smoothie for breakfast, a heaping tablespoon, and the first day my acid reflux was under control. I'm not a doctor and don't want to seem like I'm even slightly giving someone medical advice just explaining why I bought it and how well it worked.

BIG added bonus. I had turned into a 10:00AM vending machine junkie. This product definitely keeps me full until lunch. I actually feel very full. I noticed this the very first day I used it. So I made a container of gel to keep in my office and take a spoonful at about 2PM and that keeps me away from the vending machine in the afternoon. It has really helped to cut out my junk food habit that I never had until I started working in an office. I really am thrilled with that since I had packed on some pounds. This and returning to the gym is really helping. I can't say, like others, that I notice more energy but the keeping full part(from someone with a huge appetite) I can really vouch for.

Hope everyone has the good experience I had with this product. In fact I'm reordering now. Thought I would leave a review while I was here. Hope it helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars weight reduction & arthritis relief, July 29, 2008
This is a great product, it has helped me lose 10lbs & has helped my arthritis also, my sister uses it & has had the same results along with she claims it gives her more energy, my son runs marithons & he says he's never put in such fast times before, you just have to get over the part where people think you're drinking or eating frog eggs, I just tell everyone they taste kind of like tomatoe seeds, you know, like no real taste at all. I don't go without them now. I make up my gel, then I add it to iced tea and drink it all day, my son just throws the seeds into a power drink, then adds water during the day, I put it on my oatmeal, my sister drinks it as well as puts it on salads, she says don't just sprinkle the seeds on things though cause they stick like glue on your teeth & then you look really tacky & don't realize it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chia seeds won over this skeptic!, August 3, 2010
I tried chia seeds expecting nothing to come of it. Reading about them, they seemed too good to be true. Boy, was I ever proved wrong! I add 1-2 Tbs to a large glass of water each morning, let them sit for at least 15 minutes, drink them and then go on with my day. I may do a second dose if I'm spending the bulk of the day in the sun and heat.

It did take some time to get used to the texture, and as a person with many texture issues when it comes to food/beverages (seriously, I'm the only person I know who gags at a bite of mashed potatoes) it didn't take me that long to power through and learn how to gulp them down without hardly noticing they were there. I prefer to take them this way for the convenience factor and to prevent them from getting stuck in my teeth.

I get easily dehydrated and can tell at once when I am, and these have virtually eliminated that from happening. I also suffer from a lot of digestive issues whose symptoms haven't even been noticeable since I started incorporating chia into my diet a few months ago. I'm not sure if they energize me any more than normal, but I'm not going to question or doubt anyone who says they do.

I also want to add that this seller has apparently taken some of the complaints about these being shipped in an envelope to heart, because mine arrived safely packaged in a box. I'm getting ready to order my second 5lb order, and couldn't be more excited! It's insane how much they want for these in the local health food store. I'd pay it now that I'm hooked, but I'm glad I don't have to!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much debris!, June 20, 2013
I have purchased a lot of Chia seeds, as they are a part of my daily diet. I have also purchased bulk chia seeds from Raw Food World in the past with no problems, however, the package of chia seeds that arrived, with the label HealthWorks, was filled with dust, debris and tiny twigs. Never in all the packages of chia have I seen so many twigs!! I contacted Amazon immediately, and of course, they took care of me by giving me a full refund. Unfortunately I had to throw away the 2 pounds of chia -- if that much debris was left behind in the package, I have to assume that they were not carefully inspected for consumption, and who knows what else is there. I will not be buying from this seller again.