- File Size: 170 KB
- Print Length: 42 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 23, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008OAVYD0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,334,739 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Healthy Cake Recipes: Recipes for Healthy Carrot Cake, Chocolate Cake, Red Velvet Cake, and More (The Ultimate Healthy Recipes) Kindle Edition
"From Junk Food to Joy Food" by Joy Bauer
Featuring more than 120 recipes and oodles of gorgeous photos, From Junk Food to Joy Food has you covered from sun up to late night. Don’t deny yourself the flavors you love—learn to make them with joy! Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The quoted nutritional information is useless without that information.
After doing some of my own math, I decided to share. The "Shed the Pounds" recipe would need to be cut into 26 slices to get to the calorie count given in the book. The "Coffee Cake" recipe, which is made in a 13"x9" pan would need to be cut into 13-20 pieces, depending on what type of milk you used. The "99 Calorie Birthday Cake" needs to be cut into 13-18 slices to equal the 99 calories per serving.
-I did learn there was a sugar twin substitute and so that is a positive takeaway from the book.
-I like the little author's blurb at the beginning of the recipes
- The serving sizes do not seem practical and it seems like the author created minute serving sizes to justify the calorie count.
- For those who are not bakers,in recipe 1, vague instructions such as beat egg whites then add other ingredients is unhelpful. How long should egg whites be beaten? How should the egg white look after beating? Stiff peaks? Glossy?
- Additionally, the amount of sugar in one of the cake recipe cannot be a healthy version of a cake.
- The ingredients could be structured differently. Why separate the flours in the ingredient list? Why not group ingredients or list by order they appear in the recipe.
- The directions are simply a block of text that makes it hard to read. Consider spacing or using numerals to create better readibility for your readers.
- I do wish there were pictures; even of a few of the recipes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Haven't made anything yet, but looking over the recipes, the ingredients appear to be things most of us have on hand which makes these not only healthy, but convenientPublished on June 13, 2013 by Happy Nursing student
This is a generic book review that is being written to get this book off the “to be reviewed” list. I am a reader and I don’t necessarily read all of the books I put on my Kindle.Published on February 6, 2013 by J
this is just what i was looking for all of the cakes are outstanding would recomend to everyone is well donePublished on December 10, 2012 by happy
Haven't tried any of the recipes yet, have read most of them, it is good to be able to make cakes and they still be healthy.Published on December 5, 2012 by sheila101551
So many great ideas. I haven't made any of the cakes yet but really looking forward to it! Can't wait for an excuse to bake.Published on November 24, 2012 by Susie
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Baking > Cakes
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Other Diets
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Baking > Cakes
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets