5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely the best dog food mix
I have bought this dry mix twice, both times from the manufacturer. If I had known it was available here on Amazon, I would have ordered it here because my total price (after free shipping) would have made it a better deal. So my review does not show an Amazon Verified purchase, but I have definitely used it. My next order will be from here.

So.... words are...
Published 15 months ago by Victor Lavigne

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Chicken but got meat free.
I ordered a bag of chicken dog food for my severely allergic. The company sent me a bag that had to have meat added. I called the company twice, never did get them. Left two messages they never called back.
Published on January 11, 2011 by Susan J. Rainwater

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely the best dog food mix, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Dogma PetMix Original Dog Food, 12-Pound (Misc.)

So.... words are a little insufficient to describe just how good this petmix is. A little background here. Until recently, I had two aging dogs in my household. A 13 year old pomeranian and a 13 year old yorkie. Over the last year, age was starting to really show with both. After reviewing dog foods and dog food nutrition, I have tried a variety of ways of getting them optimal nutrition. We tried raw feeding for a couple months, which seemed to improve their health but I ran into a lot of resistance of feeding them raw meat from both family and vet. Then the pomeranian developed pancreatitis. The pancreatitis was totally unrelated to the raw feeding, because I had switched to canned Wellness for a short time while the dog was boarded. But regardless, I ended up switching from raw to homemade cooked food (about 90% chicken based meals).

The homemade meals they liked for a while, but then they both got finicky and did not want to eat it. So from there we switched to Freshpets refrigerated dogfood, and then alternated with Wellness dog foods again. After months of this, the aging process continued. The yorkie started showing signs of doggie dementia, and both dogs were starting to really show the aches and pains of arthritis. A few weeks ago we decided it was time for the yorkie to go to sleep, and after he passed we took on a young dog, a Tibetan Spaniel aged 1 1/2 years.

About the time we got the tibbie, I found out about the birkdale petmix from an internet dog forum. The review there was great, so I decided to try it. The petmix is just an additive that must be mixed with meat and water. The combination makes a mushy food that contains real homecooked meat plus lots and lots of very healthy vegetables. The vegetables seem to have been picked with an eye towards antioxidants and healthy fats and vitamins.

The results: both dogs absolutely love it. They go at it like it was dog manna from heaven. It is hard to describe the enthusiasm that they have for this dog food. In just a little over two weeks of feeding, the pom demonstrates incredible improvement. He is acting years younger, the arthritis does not appear to bother him much, and he is happy and energetic. The tibbie shows no signs of improvement, but he came to us with the health of a puppy and so no improvement was probably to be gained, at least not obvious improvement.

I wish I had been able to try this food with our yorkie before we had him put to sleep. I suspect it may have improved his health too.

Conclusion: if you have a sick or elderly dog, buy this food and look for improvements. The health improvment takes a few weeks. Its like this food helps the dog replace all the toxins and carcinogens that he has accumulated from a lifetime of eating commercial dog food and replaced it with all the good things from healthy meat and vegetables. Absolutely astoundng.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered Chicken but got meat free., January 11, 2011
This review is from: Healthy Dogma PetMix Original Dog Food, 12-Pound (Misc.)

Healthy Dogma PetMix Original Dog Food, 12-Pound