Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 12, 2012
A friend asked for this "book" for her birthday.

When I received the box from Amazon, I thought it was empty, it was so light! I opened it to find a VERY slim, magazine-type slick (similar to holiday ad booklets from Target, etc.) My friend had no idea this was so slim, either, or she wouldn't have asked for it.

I mean, the recipes look good but seriously, $17 for this is a rip-off! I'm surprised to be the first to mention this. Get it used when available or share the buy with other friends who also have this machine. Better yet, make up your own recipes as there is nothing earthshaking here. Think of the usual fruit & ice-cream desserts and accoutrements, and you get the idea.
44 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Yonanas is a machine that takes frozen ripe bananas to make a thick ice cream-like dessert. These recipes utilize a variety of ingredients including fruits, nuts, chocolate, and more. The recipes are helpful for vegans who want ice cream at home--it's fast, it's non dairy and it's healthy as you don't even need sugar.

My fave recipe in here was the pumpkin pie (the banana is easily blended, flavor-wise, with the spices.) But there are good berry recipes and even a cookies-and-cream (though I am not a fan of cookies and cream.)

I will also give you one of my recipes (not in the book.) Take lumps of frozen banana "yonanas" on wax paper or in candy or cupcake paper cups on a cold cookie sheet or baking pan. Put in the freezer to get really hard. Then pour carob syrup over the lumps (make this by dissolving carob powder in some agave syrup, dark or light) or use cocoa dissolved in agave if you wish, instead. Dust with nuts, if you like nuts (peanuts or almonds or walnuts work really well.) Freeze again. This makes Yonanas bon-bons and they are really good and really, two of them make a great dessert and hardly set you back, calorie-wise.

The problem with this book is that it is short, and it is not inexpensive. If you do diligent searching on the internet, now that the Yonanas is much more prevalent in kitchens, you are sure to find frozen banana treat recipes gratis. I totally loved the pumpkin pie and the vegan aspects of the book, but if cost is an issue, you can probably find an alternative.
44 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
$15 is definitely too much to pay for a pamphlet, although I have enjoyed the recipes. There's also a nice collection of recipes on the Yonanas website.
on November 18, 2012
This book is $17.00 and has 44 recipes and is a flimsy paperback like book. The recipe book that comes with the Yonanas machines includes 22 of these recipes. Most of the recipes are basic and don't really offer any creativity - and I would imagine that a good internet search would come up with just as many creative options. Don't buy this book. I can't believe it comes up as "recommended" when you buy the machine. The Yonanas machine rocks. This recipe book? Not so much.
on November 17, 2012
This Recipe book is nothing more than a 26 page color brochure held together with staples. I assumed that for $17 I would get a bound recipe book that would provide creative ideas for foods to make with the Yonanas machine. I bought this as a gift, with a Yonanas machine, so I really can't return it - I love my Yonanas machine, but would not recommend anyone waste their money on this pamphlet. The "recipes" are no more complex than a simple list of ingredients. Total ripoff and the worst thing I have ever spent money on on Amazon.
on October 25, 2012
This book is no more than a colorful 27 page pamphlet of recipes. It doesn't even have the stiff cover that a paperback book would have and the cover pages were bent when it arrived. This is extremely over-priced. I might pay $5 for this if I saw it in a store but certainly not the $17 they are charging for it on Amazon.
on December 7, 2012
This "book" is nothing more than a little pamphlet or magazine. Huge disappointment for $17. It should cost about $3.00
on November 26, 2012
I bought the Yonana for my mom for christmas, and also ordered the recipe book. For $17 I was expecting a nice bound recipe book. I failed to read the reviews and was very disappointed in what I received. It was basically a cheap catalog you get in the mail. I will definitely be returning it. If I could rate it less than 1 star I certainly would.
on June 21, 2013
I rarely leave feedbacks and I wish I had actually read the reviews before ordering. I think it may have been the worst $17 I spent on Amazon. The machine is great but just as other reviewers have commented, the quality of how they put the book together is terrible for the price. I was definitely expecting a book not a pamphlet (with staples and no actual binding). I purchased the book and the machine as a gift for someone and I honestly felt embarassed giving them the recipe book due to its poorly constructed quality. Such a bummer.
on April 20, 2013
If I could give less than a star, I would. This is a 8x8 pamphlet. It has 27 pages. $17 is the amount that one would spend on a cookbook. This is like the pamphlet that comes with many cooking appliances. They hid this fact and make it sound better than it is. So deceitful. They should be ashamed.