5.0 out of 5 stars Additional recipes for the Swirlio machine
Many additional recipes to have fun with. Well worth buying it with the Swirlio. When you analyze how much money is saved over buying desserts which by the way are not free of additives as are the ones your own little hands made it adds to the fact it was one heck of a good idea. Buy one I promise you and your guests will love the desserts.
Published 3 months ago by Stephen Brem

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is way too high!!
A friend asked for this "book" for her birthday.

When I received the box from Amazon, I thought it was empty, it was so light! I opened it to find a VERY slim, magazine-type slick (similar to holiday ad booklets from Target, etc.) My friend had no idea this was so slim, either, or she wouldn't have asked for it.

I mean, the recipes look good but...
Published on September 12, 2012 by Barb

3.0 out of 5 stars Price is way too high!!, September 12, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
A friend asked for this "book" for her birthday.

I mean, the recipes look good but seriously, $17 for this is a rip-off! I'm surprised to be the first to mention this. Get it used when available or share the buy with other friends who also have this machine. Better yet, make up your own recipes as there is nothing earthshaking here. Think of the usual fruit & ice-cream desserts and accoutrements, and you get the idea.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yonanas frozen treat recipes for your Yonanas machine, July 17, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
Yonanas is a machine that takes frozen ripe bananas to make a thick ice cream-like dessert. These recipes utilize a variety of ingredients including fruits, nuts, chocolate, and more. The recipes are helpful for vegans who want ice cream at home--it's fast, it's non dairy and it's healthy as you don't even need sugar.

My fave recipe in here was the pumpkin pie (the banana is easily blended, flavor-wise, with the spices.) But there are good berry recipes and even a cookies-and-cream (though I am not a fan of cookies and cream.)

I will also give you one of my recipes (not in the book.) Take lumps of frozen banana "yonanas" on wax paper or in candy or cupcake paper cups on a cold cookie sheet or baking pan. Put in the freezer to get really hard. Then pour carob syrup over the lumps (make this by dissolving carob powder in some agave syrup, dark or light) or use cocoa dissolved in agave if you wish, instead. Dust with nuts, if you like nuts (peanuts or almonds or walnuts work really well.) Freeze again. This makes Yonanas bon-bons and they are really good and really, two of them make a great dessert and hardly set you back, calorie-wise.

The problem with this book is that it is short, and it is not inexpensive. If you do diligent searching on the internet, now that the Yonanas is much more prevalent in kitchens, you are sure to find frozen banana treat recipes gratis. I totally loved the pumpkin pie and the vegan aspects of the book, but if cost is an issue, you can probably find an alternative.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really more of a pamphlet, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
$15 is definitely too much to pay for a pamphlet, although I have enjoyed the recipes. There's also a nice collection of recipes on the Yonanas website.

1.0 out of 5 stars This "book" is a ripoff, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
This Recipe book is nothing more than a 26 page color brochure held together with staples. I assumed that for $17 I would get a bound recipe book that would provide creative ideas for foods to make with the Yonanas machine. I bought this as a gift, with a Yonanas machine, so I really can't return it - I love my Yonanas machine, but would not recommend anyone waste their money on this pamphlet. The "recipes" are no more complex than a simple list of ingredients. Total ripoff and the worst thing I have ever spent money on on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, November 18, 2012
AmazonFan (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
This book is $17.00 and has 44 recipes and is a flimsy paperback like book. The recipe book that comes with the Yonanas machines includes 22 of these recipes. Most of the recipes are basic and don't really offer any creativity - and I would imagine that a good internet search would come up with just as many creative options. Don't buy this book. I can't believe it comes up as "recommended" when you buy the machine. The Yonanas machine rocks. This recipe book? Not so much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Overpriced, October 25, 2012
C Andersen (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
This book is no more than a colorful 27 page pamphlet of recipes. It doesn't even have the stiff cover that a paperback book would have and the cover pages were bent when it arrived. This is extremely over-priced. I might pay $5 for this if I saw it in a store but certainly not the $17 they are charging for it on Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
I bought the Yonana for my mom for christmas, and also ordered the recipe book. For $17 I was expecting a nice bound recipe book. I failed to read the reviews and was very disappointed in what I received. It was basically a cheap catalog you get in the mail. I will definitely be returning it. If I could rate it less than 1 star I certainly would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off!, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
This "book" is nothing more than a little pamphlet or magazine. Huge disappointment for $17. It should cost about $3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Way too pricey for the quality of the item, June 21, 2013
cheryl casida (honolulu, hawaii United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
I rarely leave feedbacks and I wish I had actually read the reviews before ordering. I think it may have been the worst $17 I spent on Amazon. The machine is great but just as other reviewers have commented, the quality of how they put the book together is terrible for the price. I was definitely expecting a book not a pamphlet (with staples and no actual binding). I purchased the book and the machine as a gift for someone and I honestly felt embarassed giving them the recipe book due to its poorly constructed quality. Such a bummer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Saw me coming!, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book (Paperback)
When you buy the yoanna machine it comes with a recipe book. This recipe book that I bought extra for 17.95 has all the recipes that are in the book that comes with the machine. It has about 22 more recipes but they are all basically the same. I was disappointed in the recipe book.

Healthy Foods Yonanas Recipe Book