5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful Information
I started using these books several editions back. It is my "go to" natural health
manual. These are well written and easy to use. The current book is the best yet. In this day and age of drugs with dangerous side effects it is nice to know you
Published on February 10, 2012 by M. Thomson

2.0 out of 5 stars TMI
This edition is by far no where near as clear, succinct and logical as the 9th edition which I purchased years ago but unfortunately lost in a house move.

I was very disappointed to discover this did not have the easy reference and straightforward information as before but indeed has become too much of hodgepodge.

I would recommend to anyone...
Published on October 26, 2012 by rockin' robin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful Information, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
have options and that is where this book is invaluable. The natural products reccommended might not cure you as fast (although some do) but you aren't going to die from just taking them either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Natural healing guide, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
I have older edition, and use it frequently. I really like her suggestions, and she offers a lot of good ideas. Her info is well organized, easy to understand, and very informative. I always reference her book when I am treating any condition, because I prefer the holistic approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference for the whole family, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
I have used the Healthy Healing book for over 20 years and it continues to be my "go to" book for looking up solutions to common health aliments. I love it because I can look up conditions for my whole family and pets. I like the fact that there are so many specific product suggestions that I don't have to wade through all the choices at the natural food store. It simplifies the process for me. I also get to choose what products I want to try out of all the suggestions. I have found that between the food suggestions and dietary changes many times my condition starts to change. The protocols work whether you spend tons of money on supplements or not. Great book and totally worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The Best Compendium of Health Information, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
I am really grateful for Linda Page's ongoing efforts to provide up-to-date information on alternative health. I've been using Healthy Healing for 20 years and it has never failed to address my health concerns and questions. I often look up information for family, friends and coworkers.

Everyone needs a good alternative health book for home reference. After using several different titles, this book came out on top for me. Specifically, when prescription pain medicine didn't touch my pain from herniated disc, this book gave me the information I needed to relieve my pain. I basically used each of the supplements Dr. Page recommended until I found the one that worked for me. For that reason I can really understand why she lists so many supplements. I also like the fact that she recommends specific brands. I don't always use those brands and that's everyone's choice. But then I don't mind reading labels and evaluating these products on my own.

I use Healthy Healing for treating minor conditions and for understanding major medical conditions. My family knows that if they start whining about some ache or pain I'm going to get out the book. For each ailment or condition it includes recommendations for nutritional therapy, superfood therapy, lifestyle/bodywork support, herbal, homeopathic and supplement therapies. There is also background information for detoxification, food and nutritional healing strategies and for recovering from surgery/illness. Also included are sections for cosmetic surgery, expecting mothers, athletes, children, pets and anti-aging. This edition has updated information on enzyme therapy, vaccines, infertility, gluten diets, homemade pet food, GMOs, green living and organic foods.

I have to take issue with the comments of other reviewers regarding Dr. Page's supplements recommendations. The vast majority of the information in Healthy Healing has nothing to do with any of her products. Please note that she always includes recommendations for other supplements in addition to her own. That's great since I'm going to pick up something at the health food store to address my health concern rather than wait to receive her supplements in the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
I am a holistic health practitioner focusing on nutrition and this resource was recommended to me by a colleague. This book is full of excellent information that I will use in my practice for years to come. It is organized in a way that makes it easy to find just the information I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
This book great for anyone who is looking to educate themselves on natural health and natural healings. Would not be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome resource, September 7, 2012
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
Provides excellent and helpful info - I gave this as a gift to my nutrition-savvy mother-in-law and she could not put it down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Healing, September 29, 2013
I loved my previous edition but this one is even better, more concise. It is my go to book for all ailments, aches, pains, feelings, well being and healthy living. Everyone would benefit by owning and following the advice of this wonderful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent reference, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
I have her first edition of this book. I like this one just as much. It is updated and easy to follow. A great reference book for practitioners and lay people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Healthy Healing 14th Edition (Paperback)
A great buy! I purchased a copy about ten years ago and wanted the current version. Well worth the money!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Healthy Healing 14th Edition
Healthy Healing 14th Edition by Sarah Abernathy (Paperback - November 15, 2011)
$32.95 $26.70