4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, these were on the air
I put off purchasing this collection for too long, having the other two volumes in my collection for years. It is super to hear these songs again! Music production was awesome in the '80s. This is a cranker!
Published on January 22, 2008 by Tomm

3.0 out of 5 stars I did?
Published on March 30, 2004 by William J. Eichelberger

3.0 out of 5 stars I did?, March 30, 2004
This review is from: Heard It on the Radio, Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
With a title like "Heard It On The Radio", one might expect to find a majority of songs that one once heard on the radio. Well let me tell ya something. That's not exactly the case here. I lived and breathed radio in the 80's and it wasn't until the formats became so predictable that I gave up on traditional FM. That said, I was able to recognize only five of these songs, and that's stretching it some. She Looks a Lot Like You, Hot Cherie, 10-9-8, No More Lies, and Dreams all struck me as familiar, some more than others. The rest, while occasionally interesting, left me shaking my head wondering where they might have been heard before. All in all, this is a great concept and it's too bad that Renaissance Records no longer exists because I'd keep buying them as long as they kept releasing them. You never know what you might find.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Collection, But Rather Obscure Songs, December 27, 2002
"prymel" (Anaheim, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heard It on the Radio, Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
As the title of the review indicates, the songs on this collection are OK and may jog a fond memory here and there. However, as "lost hits" compilations go, the tunes here are relatively remote, and may only be of interest to collectors. Perhaps the highlight of the package is listening to Randy Bachman's Ironhorse on "Sweet Lui-Louise" totally thieve the guitar riff and the stutter from BTO's "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet".

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Radio!, October 13, 1999
alf (Denver CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heard It on the Radio, Vol. 2 (Audio CD)
I don't know what radio someone was supposed to hear this stuff on, but I only managed about to catch about three of these on my little clock radio. It's nice to get some of these on CD - "10-9-8", "She Looks a Lot Like You" and the so-bad-it's-good "Rock School". The main problem with this collection is its utter un-memorability - two hours after listening, you can't remember how most of these songs go. A pleasant listen, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, these were on the air, January 22, 2008
Tomm "Rookie" (Upstate, NY United States) - See all my reviews

Heard It on the Radio, Vol. 2
Heard It on the Radio, Vol. 2 by Heard It On The Radio (Series) (Audio CD - 1999)