Customer Discussions > 10,000 Days forum

Heard it all

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 109 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2006 8:02:39 AM PDT
Not what I was hoping for, just listened to the whole album and the sound is still the same which is okay but nothing really moves like it use to. I guess I was hoping for a little evolution.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 8:18:49 AM PDT
JB1031 says:
Ok I'll bite. How did you get the whole album?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 9:06:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2006 10:41:11 PM PDT
Easy man, Lets just say a freind of mine has it.

Rosetta Stoned has to be the best track.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 9:57:34 AM PDT
W. Looney says:
How exactly does packetnews.com work. Anything I click on opens a new page saying "page cannot be displayed."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 10:14:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2006 10:18:38 AM PDT
I just love it when someone listens to music once and forms an opinion (Justin Williamson) To grasp the full emotion it surely takes more than the initial analysis. I haven't heard it (it is in the mail) but I will put money I am going to love it. No doubt in my mind. You must not be a true Tool fan...some people don't get. Never put limits on music.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 11:24:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2006 10:41:50 PM PDT
Okay, go buy it if you like it or at least buy band merch. Second I've been listening to Tool for a good while so please don't be stupid and try to write about something you've never heard.

I've heard it... a lot now... & it's not that great but OK in "My Opinion"

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 12:17:43 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
I don't know if you've heard it or not. All I know is that I've been waiting 5 years for this album. Giving a band like Tool 5 years to make an album is like giving Da Vinci 100 years to do an album. "Vicarious" is absolutely one of their strongest songs in years. I have all the faith in the world in this band, and if your a true fan, then you should too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 12:29:21 PM PDT
Hmmm, WOW I didn't know Leonardo da Vinci made albums, because he wasn't a musician nor was he alive for 100 years. Please people if you want to argue quality/value of the album please at least hear it first.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 12:43:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2006 12:47:48 PM PDT
W. Looney says:
No worries. I am sure I'll be buying it at a cd release party somewhere.

I have mirc, now what.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 12:52:47 PM PDT
Looney Give me your email or AIM, I'm not going to go into details here.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 12:57:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2006 3:56:19 PM PDT
W. Looney says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 1:10:19 PM PDT
JB1031 says:
You gotta relax pal. No ones accusing you of bs'ing us or ripping into you. For you to come out and say you have heard the album, you have to expect people to ask questions, otherwise why would you post such a message.

I'm inclined to believe you heard it, you're review of each track seems really specific and you've given a lot of details that would indicate you have heard the entire album.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 1:56:26 PM PDT
J. Baker says:
Sorry bout the above post, I'm at work, so I didn't have time to proof read it. All I'm saying is that from what I've heard (Vicarious), I have a lot more faith in the album. With Tool being my favorite band of all time, I look forward to this more then anything. I really would like to think that you've not heard the whole album. Not to call you a liar, but just because I'd hate to think that they would let the album leak that easily, this close to it coming out.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 3:58:41 PM PDT
C. Gird says:
Can I ask you for the details on packetnews.com? I've pre-ordered, but I'm from South Africa- so the album will only reach me by the 15th! The wait is killing me!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 6:07:04 PM PDT
you know by posting that, you just let everyone know you downloaded or obtained an illegal copy since the album doesn't come out until the first week of may.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 6:47:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 18, 2006 6:52:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 8:01:06 PM PDT
I think the album is awesome

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 8:07:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2006 10:43:09 PM PDT
Well how I obtained it isn't important anyway. I told you guys where you can look I'm not going into details, the album is growing on me and luckily for me my copy contains a "demo" version of Vicarious that sounds nothing like the album release, kind of cool. I guess after 5 years my music style has changed a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 8:37:11 PM PDT
Justin, is that demo in addition to the original version of Vicarious or does it just have this demo version?

Also, are you sure you're not listening to Counterfist like everyone else?

www.counterfist.com

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 9:36:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2006 10:43:41 PM PDT
The demo is separate from what will be released, and no it's not that "Chiral" or what ever that site said, It's the real deal... it's funny people are doubting me as if getting albums early is rare.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 9:43:43 PM PDT
rockfan07 says:
Just heard the whole album 3 times. There are four awesome songs: Vicarous, Jambi (the best one, a classic tool song), The Pot, and Rosetta Stoned. If the rest of the album was made of songs of this style the album would have been a classic. 10000 days and Right in Two are good songs but not great. The rest of the songs are just musicals basically with Meynard whispering in the background. I'm a true Tool fan so I will still buy the album when it comes out but I've been waiting impatiently for a new album so long that this is a little dissapointing because I was expecting so much. Well at least Chevelle is making a new album. See you all at the Tool concert.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 10:13:39 PM PDT
Jason! says:
you prolly shouldn't post directions on how to bootleg music on the actual amazon.com site.......i'm not a rocket scientist, but it just doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.

anyway, i agree about the album. Its not what i expected. It is good though, i must say that. Lateralus is a hard act to follow, first of all. Second of all, i don't think Tool wanted to make a Lateralus II anyway.

could somebody please type out "if you were a true tool fan..." one more time, and then go and listen to Hooker With a Penis for me? dumbf cks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 10:52:05 PM PDT
You say "I just love it when someone listens to music once and forms an opinion" I'm guessing that is supposed to be sarcastic? Then you say "I haven't heard it (it is in the mail) but I will put money I am going to love it". You know, I just love it when someone DOESN'T listen to music, and forms an opinion on it . . . I don't know why I'm even bothering with an Amazon forum. You say it's in the mail? Is someone sending you a leaked copy? Because if you bought if on here, it isn't going to ship for a couple weeks. I just got a copy of the album online, and will argee that it is "Okay". It sure didn't make my head explode like I hoped it would. Also, is it just me, or does the bass sound messed up on this? Whatever, it'll probably grow on me once I see them at Coachella

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 10:53:47 PM PDT
gasp!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2006 11:12:02 PM PDT
G. Martin says:
If you don't think this is an evolution for tool, you're sleeping. If Lateralus is Opiate, this is Undertow. There is so much that is new in this album, I've already placed my pre-order and got several friends to do the same. Its well worth it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  10,000 Days forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  109
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2006
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
10,000 Days
10,000 Days by Tool (Audio CD - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,135)