4.0 out of 5 stars A STEAL at Amazon prices!!!!!!
Published on July 16, 2002 by Psboston7

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost it's spark!
This magazine has really gone down hill, coincidentally when the newest editor (Sarah Gray Miller) took over. This magazine used to be my absolute favorite! The features on women entrepreneurs, the crafts, the fresh & unique ideas.

Published on May 18, 2010 by J. Sander

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost it's spark!, May 18, 2010
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)

The most recent issue (May 2010) however, thought it was a centerfold-worthy idea to (get this) display family photos in a stairwell! This is the sort of creativity CL is producing these days - family photos in a stairwell... I don't know who they think they're reaching, since pretty much every home in America with a stairwell has probably had family photos displayed in it at one time or another. The gall, I think, to pass such ideas off as fresh & new.

What will they feature next, hanging a kitchen towel from your stove handle? Putting magnets on a refrigerator? Photography books cleverly displayed on a coffee table?

I would not be surprised if their "creative" team is getting inspiration by flipping through 1992's issues of Woman's Day.

This magazine is surely no longer worth the money, especially now that it's 50% ads made to look like even more home decorating "ideas". Yes, even for $1, which is Amazon's cost for a year's subscription. It's still not worth it, it's that bad. If you must appease your curiosity, I would suggest maybe flipping through it once a month in the grocery store if you have the time. Most likely you will find, however, that's it's still not worthy buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars A STEAL at Amazon prices!!!!!!, July 16, 2002
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
I have continued to get this Magazine subscription for almost 4 years now. I really enjoy the pictures and the many different ways to do "country". I began subscribing because I was gathering information on opening a "Bed and Breakfast" and I wanted to see the looks that were out there that said "cozy" and "homey". This Magazine has never let me down I find that I enjoy the section that they have called "Real Estate Sampler" as well as the product information that they have in the back of the book.
I used to get over 16 Magazine Subscriptions, and for me to keep subscribing to this one speaks volumes(please check out my other Magazine reviews)The other Magazine that I liked about as much as this one along the same lines is House & Garden.
Happy Reading

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tips for a cozy cottage, November 8, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
I was so happy to find a subscription to this magazine on Amazon.com. The price is much lower than I expected, and lower than I had found otherwise. This magazine is great for anyone looking for inspiration in home decorating. The title may say country, but there are also many contemproray ideas offered. Great gift idea for someone into home decorating!

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be a better magazine, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
Been a long time subscriber since the original issue. Now too many ads passed off as decorating ideas. Used to be really fresh ideas but now its repetitive. Probably won't be subscribing anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer a favorite, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
I've read and enjoyed Country Living Magazine for many years, but sadly it really has gone down hill within the past year or so. In the past, I would look thru the entire issue several times, now I find myself thumbing quickly thru, being totally disappointed with each issue. Who wants to paint their walls black? A recent issue featured lots of black walls (ugh!), and the latest issue (Feb 2013) features a real stuffed peacock perched on a branch in the living room! Who on earth would want to look at that every day?! It totally creeps me out, and is beyond weird in my opinion. Another home in the same issue features taxidermy parrots (!) and dirty looking pealing plaster looking walls. Sad to say, I will not be renewing my subscription when it expires.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Many Ads, January 25, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
I used to like this magazine. However,it is so difficult now to find the text due to the ad-heavy format.I would pay more for a subscription and have a cleaner, less cluttered format.

1.0 out of 5 stars lots of ads, February 8, 2010
Laura E. Haager (cherry valley, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
nothing of value here. No decor ideas, ads for alot of Non-country decor, just not really sure who this magazine is geared to, I'm not sure they know either, just who ever they could get to buy ad space. pages and pages of ideas on "ruffles"?, lets get real. this magazine can't tell if it's country living, country farmer, or country chic or just plain rustic. I guess country just means anything in the "country" of america. Too broad of a range for me. Real lack of focus.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that memorable, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Country Living (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
Country living used to be my favorite magazine like 3 years ago. However, a new editor came in and a lot of the things i loved about the magazine changed. The plant, craft, farm, food, and garden sections were significantly reduced. The articles were drastically reduced in length or complexity. The recipes were not as basic or simple (I really wanted to learn how to cook staple/traditional items). The style, room decor, and decorations are now a bit on the extreme side. Walls covered in rakes or keys, entire houses only in neutral colors, and found objects everywhere that should have been tossed years ago. I am very much into recycling, but just because you recycle does not mean your items need to look like they were damaged, broken, or pulled out of the local dump. Seriously, this magazine is no longer inspirational to me in any way and I will not be renewing it. If i am only keeping an article on how to train a cat to be on a leash... or a random picture of a pretty flower... its time to say good bye to the subscription.

1.0 out of 5 stars This magazine should not be called Country Living, September 6, 2014
This review is from: Country Living (2-year) (Magazine)
My Country Living subscription is running out and I can't wait until it does. The only thing country about Country Living is the title. Maybe a better name for it would be Urban Living.

My daughter and I are big fans of the older Country Living magazines and we have quite a collection now. We look through them often and enjoy them immensely, because they truly are about Country Living.

In this day and age of recycling and going Green, Country Living pushes buying new items from stores like Target and Ikea.

Though my daughter read Country Living was going to be more like its old self in the next issue, it was not.

After looking at the new Country Living magazines, I quickly place them in the recycle bin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource for home and business design, November 9, 2002
This review is from: Country Living (1-year) (Magazine)
An outstanding magazine even if all you wish to do is look at the pictures. Great ideas and for a great price.

Country Living (1-year auto-renewal)
$45.00 $5.00