5.0 out of 5 stars Season 4 grows on you!
Published 15 months ago by Stasia E Peters

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what it once was
I loved this show during seasons 1 & 2. I think it slid a bit during 3 but it was still pretty good. Season 4 had maybe 1 or 2 good episodes but certainly not the season opener . . . I think the show is less clever and seems to be trying to appeal to different audience.
Published 10 months ago by N. Gillispie

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 4 grows on you!, May 14, 2013
Stasia E Peters (N. Attleboro, MA USA) - See all my reviews
The writers of this show set the standard for half hour comedies. This ensemble of actors compliment each other so well, each episode leaves you wanting more. The difficulty with Family centered sitcoms is that the "kids" grow up. The multiple layers of ages in the young actor roles will provide many seasons of staying power - much like the Cosby Show has done. Regardless of the week's story line, the three family dynamic continues to broaden and become richer. Ouststanding cast, crew, writing and production.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this show, May 25, 2013
Love that at the end of every show there's always a lesson learned about the family that most families who are as "modern" as this one can relate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the funniest show on TV, December 19, 2013
Robert "photographer" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 4 (DVD)
I usually start viewing a series well into its run, when the DVDs are available at a low price. Then I can binge watch to my heart's content. I, unfortunately, was hooked on Modern Family right from the start and desperately await each new season on DVD- i prefer to watch at my own pace. While 4 seasons is not nearly enough shows, the good news is they holds up very well- for me, at least- in multiple watchings. When season 5 is released, I'll no doubt rewatch the first 4 seasons while my order is in transit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sit-com since friends, December 14, 2013
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 4 (DVD)
We love this show. We can sit and have marathons on rainy days and just crack up. The writing is brilliant. I have bought all the seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, GREAT show, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 4 (DVD)
Our whole family LOVES this show. We have all seasons so far and will continue to purchase them as they become available. In today's world, it is nice to have something that makes you laugh out loud and you can also as a family relate too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Show, December 10, 2013
Such a funny and great show. I can watch it over and over again and still laugh. One of the funniest sitcoms in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best comedy, May 10, 2013
All through the four seasons Modern Family has maintained its quality as the #1 comedy on TV. the writing is hysterical, the acting is top. I look forward to continuing seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows ever, May 4, 2013
N. Davis (Lafayette, Co USA) - See all my reviews
We love watching this as a family - even though there are definitely some "inappropriate" spots, it's hilarious and the characters really do love each other, so it's not meanspirited.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what it once was, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 4 (DVD)
Gloria is becoming much more goofy and less intelligent . . . and seems to take a larger role this season. (She's not that funny.) It just doesn't totally work. The play between all these characters is what works. I think it is mistake to make Claire too nice, Gloria and Jay too stupid and the kids too much in the background. (BTW, the Dunpheys are the funny kids -- especially Luke. Manny sucks. Lily doesn't sound like a real kid . . . but she can be funny.) If the show started out this way, I wouldn't be watching it. (Season 5 sucks so far, too.)

5.0 out of 5 stars great show, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Modern Family: Season 4 (DVD)
hilarious show. have been buying them as the "family" gift the last few years for christmas. will continue to buy until the show is gone.

Rate and Discover Movies