5.0 out of 5 stars It is my treasure.
I am a Japanese. I lost my house by the Tsunami of the big earthquake last year. For healing of the heart, I heard live of my favorite Halie Loren " in Tokyo. And I had her sign a CD. It is my treasure.
Published on May 5, 2012 by Takuya Ishikida

3.0 out of 5 stars Whatever.........
This is a bit slow for me and the artist is talented but just not up my alley!
Check her samples out on Amazon first!
Published 7 months ago by Linda B. Longsworth

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my treasure., May 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Head over heels for Heart First, March 24, 2012
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Heart First (the album), sent me head over heels. Whether they are written by her or her own renditions of classics, All songs that Halie lends her voice to give me the same reaction. Matt Treder deserves a shout out, also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Album, March 25, 2012
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Halie's new album is nothing short of wonderful. I have all her albums and I've seen her in concert many times, and she keeps getting better and better! I highly recommend this album to anyone who likes jazz, or is looking into jazz. She is on her way to becoming a star for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Head over heels for Heart First, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Halie Loren's break through album is a must for all lovers of jazz! Some of these songs are unlikely 'jazz' tunes.
But she pulls them off elegantly. Bob Marley's 'Waiting in Vain' - awesome. Neil Young's, 'Lotta Love' becomes a silky
smooth jazzy tune with Halie's rare and wonderful ability to morph almost any song her way. . .and make it work.
Her original songs, A Woman's Way and Heart First proves, once again, that she is a consummate songwriter.
Heart First is destined to become a classic! A must have for anyone who loves a singer/songwriter who adores what
they do and does it so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz inflected, traditional style, hard to categorize, November 12, 2012
Bill Stevenson (West Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Halie is a major talent without question. Her voice is gorgeous. Even when she is singing a pop-rock thing, her delivery is jazzy. For people who are jazz aficianados, she will be unlikely to appeal. She is versatile, and polished, and she has a flair for language. For people who like good music, are not too concerned with category, and recognize a beautiful voice when they hear it, buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sultry voice with a subtle touch of reserved sensuality, May 27, 2012
NS (Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
I ran across some sample songs of hers in Amazon. From some random samples I picked, I like them all. I then bought Stages, Heart First, and After Dark. I found her voice Very nice, unique, playful but not overdone at all, melodious. A few days later, I found in Wiki that Heart First is her fifth album and actually won "Jazz Critique Magazine's Golden (top) prize in the vocal album section of Jazz Audio Disc Awards 2011", no wonder! As of Dec. 1, 2011, it was the No. 1 pre-ordered vocal jazz album from HMV Japan. Her other albums also won variety awards from "Best Jazz Awards" to "Top Selling Albums". Better late that never, I thought, to own her albums. Listening to those three albums of hers, each albums has own characteristics, but each song in each albums is so unique that I do not feel boring at all. In Heart First, I like the instruments especially the piano, bass, guitars, drums, harmonica, and the cello, they all play just like in the stage set up, so relaxing. She could sing "All Of me" so different that it brings a different nuance, "A Woman's Way" was sung relax I imagine strolling in a downtown, "C'est Si Bon" arrangement is so superb, a good communication between the the instruments and the voice. I feel that she sings "Waiting in Vain" so casually, just like to talk to us about "waiting in vain", nice. I plan to get two of her other albums, "They Oughta Write a Song" and "Full Circle". I am also considering her Holiday album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soothing, April 25, 2014
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Many old well known songs and sung with the voice of an angel. I enjoy her voice with the Jazz styling's to these songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure of surprises in every song, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
Wow. This lady is an amazing interpreter. What soul and sultriness combined. Probably more sultry than my all time fav Jane Monheit (if that is possible!), and I think Jane had a stronger vocal instrument. But I can't stop listening to Loren. She has little surprise for you in each standard and her originals are very listenable. Glad I found her and will try to see her live at some point.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful voice, September 30, 2013
James R. Roch (Coventry, RI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart First (MP3 Music)
I bought this on an amazon sale. Halie Loren has a gorgeous voice. I would definately buy more of her albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars great voice to sit and listen or have as entertaining background, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Heart First (Audio CD)
If you're looking for relaxing smooth jazz vocals - Halie Loren definately fits the bill. You can use this as background music for entertaining or just sit and soak it up. Very nice.

Heart First
Heart First by Halie Loren (Audio CD - 2012)