5.0 out of 5 stars Every basketball player should read this!
Published 22 months ago by David Boehm

1.0 out of 5 stars Women's college basketball
The book and delivery were fine. My complaint is that I thought I had successfully cancelled the order on line shortly after I placed it. I was surprised and disappointed to receive it since I no longer needed the book, hence I was unhappy about paying the bill!
Published on April 27, 2009 by Mary A. Flatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Every basketball player should read this!, February 24, 2013
David Boehm (Orlando, FL United States) - See all my reviews
As a coach I am always looking for ways to "speak" to my players in words they will understand and take to heart. I bought this book and lent it to my daughter to preview. I have never seen her so into a book, and we had several conversations brought about because of something she read. Her season started and she was a changed player, not in terms of skill but in terms of mental tenacity. Mel does a great job of not only telling her story but in relating to basketball players on their level. She inspired my daughter in ways that I could not. She is a great role model for female athletes and her story lays out the sacrifices needed and the demands placed on elite level athletes. I especially valued the emphasis she placed on how the good of the team supersedes the needs of the individual.

I coach a girls varsity basketball team and this book is going to be required summer reading for my returning players.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, December 28, 2011
J. Downey "SAHM2A&E" (Waterbury, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed reading about the Uconn program through the eyes of a great player. Funny anecdotal stories about the team & coaching staff. Good book, quick read

5.0 out of 5 stars Sincere and well done., February 17, 2014
This review is from: Heart of a Husky: Determination, Perseverance, and a Quest for a National Championship (Paperback)
This story is told from the heart. It could be an inspiration to any young athlete, but especially young women who want to play basketball.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for any girl hoping to play college basketball, March 24, 2013
Well written interesting look into that UConn basketball program but more than that a great story of hope hard work and determination can help you achieve your goals. Nice intro by Geno

5.0 out of 5 stars heart of a husky, November 7, 2012
I owned this book before. Lent it out to somebody, don't remember who, never got it back. So I had to order an other one. Just love the book and keep it in my library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 14, 2011
This book has an amazing insight into what it takes to work hard and try to be a national champion! I love Mel Thomas when she played at UCONN you can see the hardwork that she put into her career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Uconn Sports Book, October 28, 2009
Mel captures the flavor of Uconn Ladies Basket Ball and the States love affair with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 25, 2014
Uconn! Always number One for us!

1.0 out of 5 stars Women's college basketball, April 27, 2009