Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

I've long been a fan of Karen's (AKA: Baby Sideburns), mostly because she makes me laugh so hard I consider it an ab workout. She says/writes the things most of us only think, but as soon as we read her Facebook status or new blog post, I'm like YES! WHAT SHE SAID! Her book is no different: hilarious, irreverent, tongue-in-cheek and--are you sitting down?--full of heart. Underneath her snark and sarcasm, it's obvious this Mama adores her children. And that's what makes I Heart My Little A-holes so GOOD. It's relatable because it's REAL. And that's Karen: real.

Thanks for the laugh, lady, and everyone else: buy TWO copies. You'll definitely want to give one to your moms as a thank you/I'm sorry gift ;-)
on October 21, 2013
In case the title didn't give it away, this book is not for prudes. Or sweet little great grandmas. If you liked "Go the bleep to Sleep", you'll probably like this one.

Back in my less jaded parenting days, I wrote a Facebook post in which I didn't understand how anyone could like a book like that. There are real cases of child abuse and sad tales of infertility - shouldn't we cherish every moment we have with our little love bugs? Well, then I had another baby. And my older daughter turned 3. And suddenly I understood that this kind of humor is a coping mechanism for crazed parents. Because if we don't laugh, we will never stop crying.

The reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is that it felt like much of the material was recycled from her blog. Still hilarious and worth buying, but if you are an avid reader of the blog you will feel like you read many of these stories before.
on October 21, 2013
Baby sideburns says what most mothers think on a daily basis but don't want to say out loud. I have always loved her blog, but this book has made me a true fan.
Hilarious, mouth dropping humor!
on October 21, 2013
I am not a parent, I'm merely an observer of people with children. As such, I found the book incredibly HILARIOUS and right in line with her FB and column posts. Karen has a way with words and she certainly knows how to make people laugh. I'll be right in line for her second book!
on October 29, 2013
Great read. I read this while 7 months with my third. Helped me get thru OB appointments, sleepless nights, and my whiney four year old. Baby Sideburns says what we all think at one point in time while being a parent. Her blunt honesty had me laughing my butt off.
on October 1, 2015
Ok, I would like to first say that I think Karen Alpert (aka Baby Sideburns) is hilarious. As a mom of a 2 year old, I am glad that someone else also is going through the same things that I am. It really makes me feel better. With that being said, I was really disappointed in this book. I follow Baby Sideburns on Facebook, and when she posts stories, I usually always go and read them on her blog. There are very few of her posts that I haven't read.

This book would be great for someone who didn't follow her or read her blog because most all of the stories in this book are the same ones that she's written on her blog. Because of that, I was reading things that I had already read. I'm really disappointed. I thought that these would be all new things that she was writing about, but it wasn't.

This would make a fantastic gift for a new parent, or just one who doesn't actively read her blog.
on January 28, 2014
If you are the type of parent that thinks your child is perfect and pees honey and poops rainbows, then do not read this book. However if you are like 99.9% of the remaining parents sitting firmly in REALITY, this book is for you. I'm only halfway through it since my 8 year old keeps trying to see "what's so funny that you're crying laughing?". Have to read it at night or when hiding from my kids in the restroom or closet. LOVE this book and the author's take on her daily grind. You can tell she loves her kids immensely - she just also has a sense of humor about life that keeps her (somewhat) sane. :)
on October 30, 2013
If you're a parent, and not following Baby Sideburns, why not??! She says what we're all thinking and if you're not thinking it, you're in denial! Her lists will knock you over because you're laughing so hard! I read the book in 4 hours, it was just so funny. I even had my husband laughing. The "shampoop" was especially funny. Hope she writes another book.
on March 10, 2015
I'm a dad and found this book to be really funny and really relevant. Any parent knows how crazy your kids can drive you, and how crazy much you love them, and how those feeling can clash, like all the time. Just make sure you're okay with grown up language, because if you're all dainty about it, this book's not for you. Otherwise, it's a riot.
on August 28, 2014
HANDS DOWN THE BEST PARENTING BOOK OUT THERE! The first time I picked up this book when I received it I really shouldn't have had a mouth of wine.... I almost choked laughing so hard..... Karen is absolutely hilarious and truthful! She states EVERYTHING that a mom wants to....without holding back! Definitely a book to give for a baby shower to a new mom or even a seasoned vet ;)