5.0 out of 5 stars What Did Your Grandparents and Great Grandparents Do For Ent, January 3, 2003
This review is from: Peg O' My Heart and Other Favorite Song Hits, 1912 & 1913 (Paperback)
They sang these songs. And what does it say about these songs that many of them live some 90 years later, and are used still in popular media? You Made Me Love You has always been around, but did you know the story behind the chorus? It's in the verses. In fact, you will be exposed to a cross section of Tin Pan Alley, Blues, Musical Theatre, Art Song and Broadway via a trip through this book. Snookey Ookums still connects with anyone who knows syrupy lovers, and Row Row Row will be easier to 'figure out' with the original verses to support it. You get the covers too, albeit in black and white. An added bonus: Many of these songs are on my site if you would like to sing along! So buy the book, and get your voice warmed up.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Useful Book, February 21, 2014
Because I direct theater at the High School and Junior High level, this book serves a purpose for me. When I need a song I do not
want to run afoul of the copyright laws. The songs in this book are from 1912 and 1913, as are their copyrights. Generally,
versions of a song published before 1921 are in the public domain. All these are. If you find yourself similarly situated, the book may also be useful for you.

The songs are also very useful if you are doing a play set in the era. Not all the songs will appeal to a modern audience, but
they did appeal to the folks of the 1912 - 1913 era. This is a fairly representative collection of songs from that era.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, January 4, 2014
It is amazing how many standards are covered in this book. Come to me my Melancholy Baby, Old Rugged Cross, Danny Boy are just three examples. And how can you go wrong with a songbook that include "Snookey Ookums"?

Peg O' My Heart and Other Favorite Song Hits, 1912 & 1913
Peg O' My Heart and Other Favorite Song Hits, 1912 & 1913 by Stanley Appelbaum (Paperback - June 1, 1989)
$16.95 $14.15