5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use while exercising
Published on May 2, 2008 by mam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, December 3, 2007
This review is from: Heart Rate for Dummies D-75 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor and Pedometer Watch (Sports)
Excellent product for the price. It is made by the same company that makes the Reebok heart rate monitor. The heart rate monitor is simple to use and is accurate. It also displays with the heart rate reading the percentage of maximum heart rate (MHR) for that particular reading. Very useful feature! The pedometer works well and has nice main features, such as the selection for elapsed excercise time, speed,distance,calories.
This product has been very useful for my trekking training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my expectations!, March 2, 2008
I received this watch over two weeks ago. At first, I was skeptical. I didn't see how a "wrist watch" could have so many functions and be accurate at any of them. I bought the watch because I walk a lot and want to know the distance I travel, the steps I take, the calories I burn, the total time I exercise and (from time to time) my pulse. Oh yeah, and I also want to be able to tell what time of day it is and what date it is. Plus, I walk a lot in the rain so I need some assurance it's water resistant. It is, up to 50 meters... more than I'll ever need (I hope).

So, I figured I'd give this "watch" a try being as the manufacturer claims it will do everything I wanted in a watch/monitor/pedometer.

When I received it I immediately started using it. Over the first two days I entered and adjusted my personal information which effectively configured the watch to me. I double checked distances traveled, pulse readings shown, etc. and fine tuned it's accuracy. By the end of the second day the configurations were complete.

I have to admit, I'm very pleasantly surprised. It's very accurate, keeps good history and serves all of my previously mentioned needs! This watch is more than I expected and it was shipped fast and free!

If there's a knock I don't know what it'd be. Perhaps the soft "face". I scratched it on my first day out with it. Not bad... but a small, distracting scratch.

The manual that comes with it is very easy to read and understand. Of course, the manual is printed for people like me... "Instruction Manual for Heart Rate Monitor/Pedometer Watch For Dummies". I'm not all that tech-literate. In short, I recommend this watch to anyone who's active or not and wants to record just how active they are.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not perfect, January 3, 2008
I bought this product for my father (age 77) and my father-in-law (age 79) to help them stay more active. The heart rate monitor itself is very easy to use and accurate. The pedometer only works if you are walking for exercise. The swing motion for your arm marks the stride. So, this works well for my father who walks 4 miles each day. But for my father-in-law, who wanted to measure his strides throughout the day, it doesn't work as well as your average clip-on-the waist pedometer mechanism. This was disappointing to me because now he wears both and the watch really only checks his heart rate when he wants to check it. They were both very happy to get one and seem to be using it daily....so from that perspective it is a good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars D-75 - Decent Watch but not for serious Walkers/Runners that expect accurate pedometer, September 11, 2008
I've been using this wath for about 6 weeks now. For what I paid here on Amazon, it was good value for what you are buying.

I can tell you the heart rate monitor, when activated, is accurate. I've compared it to the rate monitors on the cardio machines at the gym and it is right on.

I rarely use the Pedometer function as it is not very accurate. You must walk or jog with a very strict motion to engage the pedometer but it still doesn't count steps as well as a cheap waist worn pedometer. Of course, you can adjust the length of your stride. I bought a little no-frills pedometer at Walmart for $5 and it is more accurate than the D-75. I've really given it a chance but it just doesn't work quite right.

All the other functions (time, chrono, alarm, stopwatch, etc) work as advertised. I can also say it works well in the pool as I use it all the time while swimming laps and it has never given me one problem.

I have two big gripes: The gray wrist band is just plain ugly. Why they didn't color it black so it would look nice with most anything you wear is beyond me? The gray just stands out as odd looking.

Second, the watch arrived DOA with a "completely" dead battery. Took it to Walmart and got a new battery for $4. Don't know why the batteries are such an issue but I've seen others gripe about the same dead battery issue. You've been warned...

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use while exercising, May 2, 2008
You need to hold two finger to the buttons on the top and bottom of the watch to get it to read your heart rate. This 1) is inconvenient when exercising, 2) does not give a constant heart rate for the duration of your work out, 3) can be very temperamental. With respect to 3), I had this watch read that my heart rate was 118 while I was sitting on the couch. I have also had to hold my fingers to the watch for as much as 30 seconds and still had it not give me a reading. It seems to me that it would be better to live with the chest strap of a normal heart rate monitor watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Had In Mind, March 22, 2008
I was looking for a watch monitor that did not require a strap, provided a calorie counter and that could be used while on the go. The first two criteria were certainly met, however you have to put the finger of the opposite hand on the sensor to get your heart rate--not convenient for a vigorous non-stop cardio work-out. It was disappointing that this was not clearly evident in the product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Monitor for dummies, March 24, 2009
I almost didn't buy it because, frankly, I detest the whole notion of the dummies series of books and products. I purchased it because it was a good buy and had all the features I needed in this product - no chest strap, built-in pedometer, instant-read heart rate, and reasonable price. Easy to use as well; what else can you ask of a product outside of a more adult, less offensive name?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Birthday Gift, April 7, 2008
This item was purchased for my husband's birthday. You know how most guys like gadgets. He really likes this watch... It was easy to program. Big numbers and all functions are easy to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but comes with dead battery, August 29, 2008
Watch was sent out and dead battery on arrival. Contacted seller to replace it. Promptly did and sent another watch with a dead battery. Stated Amazon kept stock but they didn't when I called Amazon to inquire. I wanted the watch so I replaced the battery. Tried to contact seller again via email with no response. If you don't want to replace the battery, don't buy from this seller."

4.0 out of 5 stars Dead Battery, March 18, 2009
J. Bailey (Lancaster, Pa USA) - See all my reviews
Like some other reviews mine came with a dead battery right out of the box. Otherwise, a great item at a reasonable cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›