Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HearthSong Nylon Canvas HugglePodTM HangOut with LED Lights, in Green
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 27, 2013
I gave this to little boy who is 2 1/2 years old for christmas and it was his favorite! He was afraid to go into it for a few days but now, we can't get him out of it. Now for some details:

Overall structure of the hugglepod: I had to tweak it a little bit. The bottom inside of the circle has a metal, ring-shaped frame. It is screwed together in four places. The frame is covered with foam for safety EXCEPT where the 4 screws are placed. I wrapped a small piece of fleece over each screw to prevent injuries. Otherwise the structure of the hugglepod is very sturdy and definitely supports a toddler, but actually supported my 120 pound frame for a brief time as well. Fairly easy to assemble.

Inside base: Soft with a pillow insert (not the inflatable inserts that I have seen on other brands)... BUT the fabric is really scratchy, probably to make it weather resistant. Since we use it indoors, I bought some helicopter fleece and made a small cover for the bottom and tied it to the ring frame. Probably just putting some kind of blanket in there would work, but I didn't want it to move around.

Fabric: It is a strong canvas fabric like you might see on outdoor furniture. I got the green, which is a little bit more of a bright lime that the picture shows. It is a pretty color, but if you are buying for a boy...the blue might look nicer.

Hanging: The huggle pod has a metal ring at the top. It's very strong and can easily accommodate your preferred hanging hardware (not included). We went to the hardware store and bought a metal piece that has two rings that can rotate on top of each other. That way the entire hugglepod can turn without getting twisted on itself. Then we added a spring for some "bounce" and a couple of chain clips and we were ready to go.

The Stand: The stand can be purchased separately or the pod can be hung from a ceiling BEAM or outdoors from a tree, etc. I do not have exposed ceiling beams and elected to get the stand. I am happy with it but I was shocked at the size of it. Make sure you really measure an indoor space before you order this thing. It looks much bigger when you actually get it. The stand allows for the pod to be hung about a foot off of the floor, depending on the hanging hardware used. At this height, the pod can swing a fair amount and can spin as well. With all of the jumping and rough-housing we have seen there has been NO indication that the stand will fall or even wobble at all. It is rock solid. Another note though...being rock solid means weighing about a million pounds. Really, I don't know the weight, but it was hard to assemble and move around because of the weight. Also, the stand only has about 4 pieces for assembly, but you will pull your hair out trying to figure it out. Look at the picture online very carefully to determine how the pieces connect. The hardware is already screwed into the frame but they don't tell you that so you will go crazy looking through the box to find screws. I used a little WD40 on the ends where the metal pipes fit together..definitely helped. Also.. assemble where you will use it. It won't fit through doorways and stairways.

Usage and safety: An older child might hide in there and use an ipad or something but I thing most kids will do what comes naturally-swing, spin, freefall stunts, etc. It says on the package that this was not meant to be a swing and so forth, but let's be realistic. I am an adult and I want to swing on this thing. For this reason, be aware of the exposed screw heads on the inside; be wary of hanging this too high; make sure that the hanging situation is very secure; watch out for the window and door openings-little ones can flip right out.

Overall: Great purchase for kids in a wide age range. Looks like it will last a long time. Sturdy. Must have.
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2013
UPDATE: I originally rated this product four stars. After having this for six or seven months the bottom metal ring snapped at a welding point. I have contacted Hearthsong and thus far they will do nothing. I'm willing to buy the replacement piece, but it looks like I will instead be out $200 and my children will remain heartbroken. Hearthsong has lost a customer.

This thing is cool. I cannot imagine a cooler indoor kids playhouse. That being said, it's a pain to put up and you have to buy the chain and hooks from the hardware store. No instructions on what you need either which is somewhat annoying. It's huge so plan on putting it in a big area. Ours is in a huge family/play room. My three and nine year old boys are in their "house" every day. It's been up since May. It's starting to look a little worn, but my kids play hard in this thing. I would recommend if you have rough and tumble kids that this thing be over a soft surface as my kids tend to flip out of it on purpose and think it is great fun. Every kid that comes over thinks it is the coolest thing ever. Plus it gets their energy out which is nice in its own right. My boys received it as a birthday present from us and continue to say it was the best present they have ever received. I docked a single star because of the wear and because of the lack of hardware. Call me old fashioned, but I think it should be included if you are shelling out this kind of money.
on November 4, 2013
I ordered this as a birthday gift for my 5 year old. He is on the spectrum with sensory processing issues. We have a swing in the backyard but this swing/playhouse is wonderful and far superior. We hung it in his play room and filled it with soft pillows. He loves the lights inside and will take his toys or Ipad in there and just hang out for hours . It seems to calm him to spin it. This was a wonderful birthday present. He was so excited to walk into his play room and see this where his nursery glider used to be. The look on his face was what any parent giving a gift would love to see. I would even call it a sensory tool for kids with special needs in case you are trying to justify the price. It seems very durable and my 200lb husband even sat in it after it was installed and the seams were not visably screaming. I can see my son enjoying this for several years. I would recommend this for any child, and even more so for children with special needs.
on July 29, 2013
Got this for my grandaughter for her fifth birthday. She loved it....and so does her sister who is seven. They use it with the stand in their house. The lights make it special. The padded bottom makes it really comfortable. The "windows" make it easy to look out - or for me to "look in on them". Neighbors all comment on it. This gift was a hit.
on August 17, 2013
The only problem you will have with this hanging spinning tent is getting your kid out if it. While the price gives one pause, it is clear from the construction that this product is designed to last. Heavy duty nylon canvas reinforced with metal rings at top and bottom, easily removeable bottom cushion, all washable. Cozy, and can hold an adult also, if you're not too big. Read in it with my son and almost fell asleep. Be sure to observe the manufacturer's stipulation to put it no more than a foot from the floor; kids love to tumble out of it, and they don't always use the door. The lights are a perfect finishing touch.
on April 14, 2014
We ove the product idea but wish it was made nicer. The seams pulled when my 70 sone sat in it. It does hold both of my kids without "coming undone" and their total writ is 150 lbs. I was really ticked off when I stuffed the cushion in the pocket and grasped the zipper t enclose the pillow and the zipper just fell right off in my hand. Now the pillow sticks out and the pocket hangs open. You can't see it i the product picture but at the bottom there is a zippered compartment ( that is until the zipper fall off when u try to use it) that conceals a pillow that you insert in the bottom. The kids enjoy it but I'mm bumming because I low with a broken zipper, its just not going to last as long as it should.
on October 3, 2013
After reading all the reviews I decided to buy this for my two year old. From the time I put it up, 4 days later she has been in it playing, reading and watching movies even my oldest of 20 has been in it watching movies with her. My only advice is go to pier one and purchase a papasan cushion for it makes it much softer.
on July 7, 2013
It was an easy set up and two of my granddaughters ages 4 and 5 love crawling in it and just laying in it giggling and doing things little girls do. I have older grandchildren that enjoying crawling in it and laying in it on a lazy afternoon
on December 28, 2014
My kids got this item for Christmas, four days later, the zipper is broke and the stitching is coming undone. Very disappointed, not worth the money
on July 18, 2013
We hung it under our deck. The children hang in it often. We also added a little fan in the ceiling from the hardware store.