Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

85%
15%

on October 7, 2012
The beauty of The Hearts Lullaby comes in one powerful, overriding message: discover your roots, and embrace your wings. In this second installment of the Harvest Bay series, Jen Stephens crafts a moving journey of discovery, redemption and faith-affirming love. I can't wait for what's next from Jen Stephens!
Marianne Evans
[...]
on November 4, 2012
I had previously read The Heart's Journey Home (the first book in the Harvest Bay Series) and I loved it so I was excited to read The Heart's Lullaby. It was nice to catch up on what the old characters were doing but I loved the new characters The Heart's Lullaby introduced me to, especially Elizabeth and Amy. I truly identified with both of them in many ways. Elizabeth is a woman of faith who desperately wants to be a mother, even if it means choosing a path of deception. Amy arrives in Harvest Bay with her young son but is harboring unbelievable secrets and feels that God has abandoned her. Both women deal with faith in their own way. It turns out though, that God had a plan for both Amy and Elizabeth and they were brought together for a very special reason. The Heart's Lullaby is a power read. I felt sadness, happiness, pain, relief, etc. along with Amy and Elizabeth. The author made such strong characters who you can't help but love and maybe even relate to. This is a MUST READ!
on November 19, 2013
After two years of trying without success to have a baby, Elizabeth Truman learns that her husband may already be a father. While he bonds with the son he never knew he had, Elizabeth’s increased desperation to have a baby of her own causes her to choose a path of deception. When it dead ends in despair, however, she questions both her faith and the faithfulness of the Lord. Amy Beauregard arrives in Harvest Bay with her ten-year-old son, harboring secrets that could destroy her chance at happiness, and the conviction that God has long since abandoned her. But while she picks up the pieces of her shattered life, things start to fall into place that she couldn't have predicted. A strange twist of fate reminds both Elizabeth and Amy that even in the darkest times God is guiding His children, drawing them together in a way neither could have imagined. Will their renewed faith be strong enough to withstand another devastating blow—or will The Heart's Lullaby be left unsung?

My Review:

Elizabeth and Amy are two women that have one man in common. Elizabeth desperately wants a child, and Amy has one that was a product of the past. But despite their common denominator, they both have something the other one wants. Achieving your dreams can be difficult, but with big things like infertility and remarriage on the table, things are bound to get complicated.

Even as a stranger looking in, you can't help but feel the desperation of these two women's plight. I don't know how I would feel in either woman's shoes, but I can only imagine it would be hard either way. I wanted to fix everything for Amy and put her family back together. I wanted to grant Elizabeth's wish to have children, because I know what that feels like. But the ending was not what I was expecting at all, and it I enjoyed every bit of the journey.

This book was provided by the publisher for free in exchange for an honest review.
on February 3, 2013
I can relate to Amy in so many ways..from being hurt in this life, to building up my walls and not letting anyone in. I can also relate to Elizabeth and her infertility issues. I can look back on some situations and see that God really was there the whole time. So while some of this story`s coincidences seem unlikely, there is already joy in the morning, just sometimes it feels like morning may never come.
on January 30, 2013
Jen Stephens shared her deep faith throughout this book. She wove in so many of life's challenges, fears, and moments of being overwhelmed. She used all of her characters to help her readers learn more about God's plans for all of us. It is a well written book about letting go and letting God guide us to a deeper understanding of his plan for each of us.
on June 11, 2013
I loved reading this book about a women who struggles to be a mother. She hides the fertility treatments from her husband, struggles with the idea her husband had a child before she met him. Another women struggles with PTSD and the reason for her coming to Harvest Bay. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on May 4, 2013
It had been a long while since reading a book had brought me to tears. This story and it's characters were so well depicted it was impossible not to become emotionally attached to the lives of these characters. When they cried, I cried. When they rejoiced, I rejoiced. I just couldn't put this book down!
on December 4, 2013
There was so much depth in all the sayings. I had to give it a five because all of the characters were well developed and so was the plot. I have read the book before this and it tied in very nicely. I loved the way Amy turned fully around and surrendered everything to God.
on July 30, 2014
Excellent book! This book is enjoyable, touching, and full of hope. It is a Christian fiction novel that is considered romance - which is definitely an element of the story. But the story is more than romance. It is about life and the relationship we have with others.
on January 8, 2013
I think The Heart's Lullaby is a fantastic book. I couldn't put it down. If you're looking for a terrific, this one and her first one, The Heart's Journey Home are two books that should be added to your library. The price is right and I can't wait for her third book,