5.0 out of 5 stars Go EDL!
Loved this book....couldn't put it down. What a wonderful mess of characters. May all women find such friends of the heart.
Published 18 days ago by Cheryl L. Roser

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow start but worth the wait
I do enjoy books on women's friendships and that was the draw for me to this book. Plus.... of course, total cover love. It looks like bubble gum or cotton candy... :)

Published on August 3, 2010 by Sheila A. Dechantal

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A slow start but worth the wait, August 3, 2010
Sheila A. Dechantal (Brainerd, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hearts on a String: A Novel (Paperback)

It took awhile for this book to really get started. In the beginning you learn much of each of the women and the conversations during this part of the book didn't flow for me and somehow felt choppy. As the women share stories we as readers are let in on some unusual secrets

That being said, once you get through this bumpy section, the book picks up a pleasant pace that left me overall satisfied with this read. I appreciated the ending of the book and felt it wrapped up nicely and made me consider those bonds, or strings if you will, of friendships that I am thankful to have in my life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Another Disappointment from Radish, August 24, 2010
Ivy P. (Lakeside, NH) - See all my reviews
I have loved, and gifted, some of Ms. Radish's earlier books but found her work before this, "Searching for Paradise . . ." a disappointment. I had high hopes for this, her latest book, but it seems her trajectory continues to go down instead of up. I'm left to wonder if Ms Radish has lost her zest for writing and is merely plugging words into a formula that no longer works. "A group of women, strangers to one another?" Check. "At varying stages of life?" Check. "Lots of emotional baggage littering the landscape?" Check. "Strengthened by the bonds of sisterhood, community, and a little male bashing?" Check. Actually, it's not just that the formula is tired and tread bare; the characters here are simply not very likable and it was very hard to get past the beginning of the book which is filled with bickering and sniping. I missed the spirit and humor - and yes, the esprit de corps I've come to expect from Radish's women. I'm not sure if I'll buy another of her books.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love Kris Radish - usually, February 15, 2011
Patricia (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hearts on a String: A Novel (Paperback)
I love Kris Radish normally but this book is way too contrived. The book moves slowly and the reactions of the women to the storm and each other are not believable. I am so disappointed. I wanted to read a typical Radish book that entertained and made me appreciate women's friendships. I wish I hadn't purchased this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not about friendship, November 19, 2010
smbook "Sue" (Stevens Point, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hearts on a String: A Novel (Paperback)
This is one of the worst books I have ever tried to read. I couldn't finish it. All these women did is drink and whine and bitch at each other. If that's what it takes to bond with other women, I'll pass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go EDL!, June 22, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it in one sitting., January 18, 2014
Yes it was funny, not everything has to be real.
I could identify with things I wish I had the guts to do to annoying people.

3.0 out of 5 stars Woman Gone Wild, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Hearts on a String: A Novel (Paperback)
Five strangers meet in an airport bathroom. Then comes the news that a hurricane is on the way, suspending all their flights. The five woman decide to share a room together in a luxury hotel. There, the five woman propel each other out of their old lives and into a new future.

The whole book is wacky. But for anyone who has had one of those crazy girls nights that only you actually believed happened as the stories from that night are to crazy to believe, you'll enjoy the sheer craziness of the shenanigans that the girls get up to in the hotel. Drunken madness is definitely the theme of the hotel trip. But the ending for me kind of ruined the fun of the rest of the story. I thought it to be a bit to cheesy and just kind of over-the-top in the message department.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., September 22, 2013
This review is from: Hearts on a String: A Novel (Paperback)
Everything as advertised.Love the Bald Eagle Night Light. I would buy it again. I don't know why this dumb site makes you put down do many words.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, August 31, 2013
I have always enjoyed Kris Radish's books. This one was not very good. It seemed to take forever to get from one topic to the next, the character's weren't likeable into more than midway through the book and the story was not believable.
I love stories about women and how they interact if the story is written well. This one missed the mark entirely.
There were a few sections that kept me reading but then the story bogged down again with too much trivial information and it was tough going.
I'm hoping that the next two books I've downloaded from Kris are better than this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oestrogen demands women read this!, April 24, 2013
At the beginning of the story, I just couldn't envision how the scenes could develop. The author wove everything together in a way that I couldn't stop reading for a minute! She developed her characters so well I felt I could slip into the room with them and I would know them. The final scene, just before the epilogue, brought me to tears. I am determined to get tops for my daughters and friends, and myself, just like the characters had!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hearts on a String: A Novel
Hearts on a String: A Novel by Kris Radish (Paperback - May 25, 2010)
$15.00 $12.22