5.0 out of 5 stars Heartstrings

3.0 out of 5 stars Heartstrings Review
Published on August 14, 2011 by Big Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartstrings, May 21, 2000
Brie (Winston-Salem, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heartstrings (Audio CD)
I have just recently discovered Muriel Anderson through a CD entitled "Theme for Two Friends" which featured her friend Julie Adams, a cellist. This limited edition CD was absolutely beautiful, which led me to do more research on her music. I am impressed with her versatility which shines in the "Heartstrings" album. It is obvious she loves music and is able to express her passion and sensitivity through a various types of music. I am partial to the more melancholic themes, but it is all wonderful. This album album is refreshing! Thanks Muriel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heartstrings Review, August 14, 2011
This review is from: Heartstrings (Audio CD)
Saw Muriel live recently at a concert hosted by Tommy Emmanuel and was impressed enough to buy one of her CD's. Heartstrings is a decent showcase of her talent, but I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the recording. She does some amazing guitar work, but a bit labored in spots. All the notes were there, but creating music is the ultimate goal. I'll stick to Tommy Emmanuel CD's in the future in terms of virtuosity and musicality.

Heartstrings
Heartstrings by Muriel Anderson (Audio CD - 1999)