4.0 out of 5 stars Great "MENS" fingerless gloves
If you are looking for a good quality fingerless mitten, this is a great pick. Every winter I burn through two to three pair of cheaper versions of these types of gloves. I didn't want to have to go through the same thing again this winter. I found these on Amazon and they look they will be a winning substitute.

As the other reviewer mentioned, this is the...
Published on December 12, 2008 by J. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Bummed.
Published on October 28, 2008 by ShoeCrazy (Missouri)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great "MENS" fingerless gloves, December 12, 2008

As the other reviewer mentioned, this is the MENS version. I am also not sure why either of the listings on Amazon don't mention this. The quality of construction is very good overall. They are also very warm. Just tried them out in 14 degree Chicago weather and was pleased that they kept me warm even without the handwarmer. They are also a good size. I'm 6'7" and have a pretty long (although not particularly thick) hand and they still fit quite well.

The only down side is that the place where the thumb folds back doesn't have any overlap and therefore can sometimes let in a little cold air. It's not the end of the world, but I would be fine if they had left this feature off. Also, the pouch for the hand warmer is on the inside of the fingers and is a bit bulky. If you plan to use your fingers with the mitten portion in effect, you will find that your articulation will be on the clunky side. Still, it's a great feature and not a deal breaker.

Overall, great gloves. It's hard to find fingerless ones of this quality.

3 YEARS LATER: Still my favorite!

5 YEARS LATER: (February 8, 2014) Decided to replace my old worn out mittens from a couple years ago and bought two at one go to even out the cost of shipping. I'm sad to say that I'm really disappointed in these new pairs. They are still nice and long and crazy warm (and it has been COLD this year...often in the single digits and as low as -15). The lousy part though, is that the linings started ripping out within days of wearing them. I thought it was a fluke, but within two weeks, one of the glove liners was torn at almost every seam from every day normal use. The other liner was only slightly better. Maybe they started using cheaper thread??? I also noticed that they changed the location of the hole for the thumb (it is almost at the base of my fingernail), and now it constantly gapes open and is a challenge to keep my thumb covered. If it was below the last joint in my thumb, this wouldn't be an issue. I've thought about sewing up the hole, but it's too useful to have open for use with my smart phone.

I decided to open up the second pair of gloves I bought on the chance that the first pair of gloves was just a bum pair. This pair also started to lose its lining within days. I am really disappointed considering how great these have been for the last 5 years. I love them enough that I would consider still buying another pair in the future, but I'm not holding my breath. This might be the end of my love affair with these.

Heat Factory...if you are reading this, PLEASE fix this issue. These used to be such great gloves!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, but big, December 5, 2010
These mittens are really nice - the wool/fleece combination is comfy and warm and the long cuffs stay tucked in my sleeves. My only complaint is that they are big. The top of my thumb comes right to the slit, and so it keeps popping out. Plus, my pinkie barely emerges at all from its hole. My husband has been wearing them, and they are even a little big on him. I wish these came in a smaller size!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but really long, December 10, 2008
I like these gloves, very warm, but very long. They reach up between my wrist and my elbow. Yes, I am short, but still a little long. Not east to fit under a tight wrist on a jacket. Love the pop out thumb.

5.0 out of 5 stars wool glomitts, January 21, 2008
Love these!!!!!! I live in Chicago, spend a lot of time outdoors in the cold and they are so warm plus they're comfortable and stylish. I'm always getting asked about them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-Saver!, February 25, 2011
I agree with what a couple of others have said, namely that the stitching is not top quality. There is also a slight problem with the velcro not being super sticky and thus the flaps flopping open when I don't want them to. HOWEVER: I must say that these gloves literally have changed my outlook on life. If you have Reynaud's you know that cold hands are not just uncomfortable and painful but literally the cause of major concern, worry, fear, depression, etc. I'm a distance runner who lives in the south, where sub-zero temps are not normal. This winter we have had many below freezing days. When I knew I had long runs coming up, I would start to become anxious and sleepless DAYS before-hand. I finally tried handwarmers inside of two pairs of gloves, which made things better. But the problem is that fingerTIPS are what get so cold and having the warmers in gloves just wasn't helping there. So one day I found these just by Googling and thought, "I must at least try them". For the price, they are FANTASTIC. Honestly, they have literally changed my life. I used to find myself in tears a day or two before a long-run, obsessively checking the weather, praying temps would raise, etc. With these, I have done 25-mile runs in sub-zero weather and it's just not a problem. I have now put safety pins on the thumb portion to keep them closed. But I would happily buy a pair of these a year just to keep the fingers warm. I imagine they are great for those who need to work outdoors, too.
One final thing: if you ever try to use a cell phone with gloves on and can't get the screen to react (or an iPod, etc), these solve that problem.

Finally, I ordered mine on a Monday night and received them on Thursday morning. I have never received an online order so fast (without expedited shipping). So for all those reasons, FIVE STARS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bummed., October 28, 2008
These are so warm and look so great; however I ordered a ladies and when I called to return them b/c they were too big, the customer service dept. had me measure mine and she measured her men's size, which was the same size I rec'd, and unfortunately that is the only size they have left. Customer service at Papa's Warehouse was great and very pleasant to work with. I get to return these for a full refund. Thanks Papa's Warehouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm!, January 20, 2009
I bought these gloves for my boyfriend who works outside (in Massachusetts during the winter) yet still needs to be able to use his fingers... he absolutely loves them! I would say the only downside is that they aren't waterproof but depending on what you are using them for, this may not matter.

4.0 out of 5 stars These are the men's gloves, November 11, 2008
Amazon carries what appear to be two identical sets of gloves called "Ragg Wool Pop Top Glove, Gray." These gloves are the men's gloves, and the other set of gloves are for women. Just so you know.

Also, these gloves are warm and comfortable, but the stitching is a little weak. That being said, I've only seen one pair of convertible mittens in my life that were both warm and didn't have stitching problems (via the use of magnets instead of velcro) and I haven't seen them available since.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, with some design issues, April 12, 2011
buyaclue (IL United States) - See all my reviews
These are incredibly warm gloves. They keep my hands warm down to 0 F, and probably even lower (haven't experience that yet though). For the price, you can't beat it.

A few complaints, in order of descending importance:
1. The thumb cover comes off way too easily. Merely gripping the bar on the bus or train pushes the cover back, exposing my thumb knuckle. There actually isn't any overlap between the cover and the rest of the glove, so I have to press the top inner part of my thumb against my other fingers to keep the opening as small as possible. If you have a larger hand, that might lessen this problem somewhat. If the cost were 7-10 dollars higher, I might have given 3 stars because of this problem.

2. The sticky velcro patch is constantly sticking to the wool around the non-sticky velcro patch. This causes a lot of wooly fuzz to get caught in the sticky velcro, making it less sticky. Maybe they could've surrounded the non-sticky velcro patch with a border of some other material, like a smooth fabric or vinyl.

3. The cuff extends too far down the wrist, so you have to tuck pretty deep into your coat sleeve (which might be a problem if you have tight sleeves). When I want to flip off the top when my hands start getting too warm, my wrists are still sweating like mad. I guess this isn't much of complaint because it's nice to have the tucking-in for extra protection against the cold air. Not sure if there's a solution for hot wrists.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE my flip top mittens!!, March 19, 2012
These mittens are exactly what I wanted at a really great price. Comparable rag wool mittens that I found on the internet run at least $20 more. These mittens also have a thumb cover that my other flip top mittens don't have so my thumb doesn't get really cold anymore. Plus the Heat Factory mittens have velcro to hold the flip top and thumb top back that make them easier to use when open. The rag wool also doesn't pill and look a mess like my other pair plus they are lined for added warmth. I haven't had occasion to use the heat warmers yet but I do like having that option available.

ARRAY(0xa455845c)