Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.66

on March 20, 2011
This is the fourth book from the Out of Uniform series Elle Kennedy. If you have not read any of the prior books from the series, you will find that this, along with the others, are very short romance stories. They are short, but they are packed with humor, romance, and steamy scenes! The books get steamier and steamier as they go! :) This it the story of Jane and Lieutenant Thomas Becker or Becker as he is referred to by others. Becker is the new guy in charge of all the guys we have previously read about in the series. He was recently divorced, a recluse and totally focused on his career. While on a mission, he was shot and on leave to recover. One day, he meets Jane, who is the sister of the girl he just rescued. Jane was a reporter and was looking for Becker for an interview for her paper when they are trapped in an elevator. Jane is claustrophobic and begins to panic. Beck begins to calm her down and soon one thing leads to another and they are having crazy sex in the elevator. They are both shocked from what happened and part ways. They run into each other later and they both cannot deny the crazy attraction and chemistry between them. He is not ready to date and she only wants to have fun. He finally agrees because he wanted to be with her again, but their fling would end at the end of 8 days. Jane's goals and his goals were so different and Jane reminded him of his ex-wife.

Story's ending is fairly predictable, but yet very enjoyable. Just like the other stories, story moved fast, had humor, romance and yes, very steamy scenes. I love revisiting the other characters from previous books and seeing what they are up to. It is like a big continuing story broken down into several pieces. I really enjoyed this short story, it was quick and easy to read. I can't wait to read the next installment.
on March 28, 2016
While I adore Ms. Kennedy, I felt this story was too short. I didn't feel like I knew Becker well, and I don't get that the only thing motivating him to be so narrow-minded was his previous marriage. I needed more to understand him better.

On the other hand, because she was so straightforward, I felt like I really knew Jane. I liked how they were together but again, their break up just felt contrived, not what I'm used to with one of Ms. Kennedy's books.

This is a re-read. Don't know why I didn't leave a review the first time I read I it. Still, I'm moving on to the next book in the series.
on November 2, 2014
Wow, to be stuck I. an elevator with one sexy hot SEAL. Becker and Jane had such great chemistry. I really enjoyed this short story, wish it would have been longer though. I look forward to the next story.
on August 2, 2010
Reporter Jane Harrison is writing a piece on her sister's rescue by a Navy SEAL team and she's determined to talk to Thomas Becker, the man who was in charge of the rescue mission. Becker doesn't want to be interviewed, but when he and Jane find themselves trapped in an elevator, Becker discovers that he does want the brazen beauty herself. Their erotic encounter leaves both Jane and Becker wanting more, but Becker is fresh out of a divorce and, after the marriage he had, is looking for someone a little less career-oriented than Jane. Still, he and Jane can't keep their hands off one another and the two agree to a short-term fling. But a lot more than some seriously hot sex can happen in a week, especially if two hearts become involved.

The heat's on high in the explosively sensual Heat it Up. I just can't get enough of Elle Kennedy's red-hot Navy SEALs! Becker, a hot new addition to the team fans of the Out of Uniform series know and love, is a man who knows what he wants...and then finds out that what he needs is the exact opposite. And what he needs is Jane. Jane's a fiery, brilliant journalist whose blunt nature endeared her to me almost immediately. Jane's not afraid to ask for what she wants and Ms. Kennedy gives her just enough vulnerability to make the seemingly unstoppable Jane relatable. Becker and Jane's tempestuous relationship kept me up until almost six in the morning, as I was unable to stop reading Heat it Up until I finished the book. Like its three predecessors in the Out of Uniform series (Heat of the Moment, Heat of Passion, and Heat of the Storm), Heat it Up is a wildly addictive story with characters that will make you smile, sweat, and beg for more!

Shayna
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed
on March 6, 2013
Love the continuation of the arc and the introduction of new characters. Yet each book is its own story. Love the way these men know who they are and want what they want and are happy enough to no get caught in. Jane and Becker were a good read
on February 11, 2014
I began to read it, and I can not stop...until finish.
What a wonderful book...I would like to find a Jane woman....to enjoy her as Beck.
Thanks to Elle Kennedy...I had happy moments with her story. It's good to dream ...
on June 19, 2011
Take one Navy SEAL recovering from a gunshot wound sustained in the line of duty, mix in one reporter with the body of a playboy bunny who suffers from claustrophobia, strand them in an elevator and the result is a little "let's get it on" in Heat it Up. If the problem with the elevator had been purely electrical - then the sparks flowing between Thomas "Beck" Becker and Jane Harrison could have powered up the thing itself.

This book reminded me a lot of another one I just read recently called Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye. A couple stranded in the elevator only it's the guy who is suffering from claustrophobia. And if I'm not mistaken, both heroines had a beautiful head of red glossy hair as well.

Jane is definitely the aggressor in this relationship. Thomas is just coming out of an 18 yr long marriage to his high school sweetheart and he's definitely not ready to get serious again especially since Jane reminds him of his career obsessed, model ex-wife. Thomas wants to settle down with a combo of Susie Homemaker and Betty Crocker, not a woman obsessed with her career with no immediate plans for a family...been there...done that...got the divorce papers.

But no reason not to enjoy the delicious Jane while she's in town and Thomas has nothing against having a little fling with her for the next seven days. Funny thing about flings...they never turn out exactly how you expect then to.

Heat it Up is part of a series and the men of SEAL Team Fifteen are the stuff dreams are made of and women drool over...every single one of them. Although this was book 4 (and I've read book 6), I don't think it's necessary to read them in order (I couldn't tell what # this one was when I plucked it off the Itouch TBR pile). They seem like they all can be read as a stand alone even though the guys make appearances in the books.

This was a super hot read for a hot summer night.

PS - think I'll go check out books 1 through 3
on October 21, 2012
Becker was just plain hot; hands down. The elevator scene made me turn my air conditioner in the middle of October! Let me just say that a writer can never go wrong including a character that is a Navy SEAL and Kennedy did not disappointment me with Becker. He is not like the other SEALS characters (who are more playful) Becker is a serious character but falls just as hard as all the other guys have for that one woman.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~
on November 14, 2010
This book is very steamy and very erotic. It is a quick story that will satisfy your desire to relax with a smoking hot boy meets girl story. I did not give it a higher rating because it is not on the level of a good novel. It is not for the reader looking for romance and a strong storyline.

Keep your expectations limited, and you will enjoy the book.

Warning...avoid if you do not like to read explicit scenes.
on May 29, 2014
I didn't read this one. The whole psychic thing stopped me dead in my tracks from reading this one. I have loved, loved, loved, all the other Out of Uniform books but that was definitely a turned off for me.