Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 27, 2007
I bought the 10 pack, based on the reviews.

It definitely worked great the first time I used one. It kept my head cool as I played tennis on a really hot day.

But the problem is, It never completely dries. I washed it, and put it in dryer, it never completely dries. Once the stuff inside soaks water/sweat, you can never get rid of it, and soon enough it starts to stink.

I had to painstakingly, slit a small hole in each of the 10, take out the chemical particles, and now I just use them as bandanas for sweat.
44 comments37 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2008
Soak these in water and place in the refrigerator until you are ready for them. They work great for visiting theme parks and other outdoor activities. When you are done, rinse thoroughly to remove sweat, and let them air dry. It takes 2 to 3 days for them to dry completely. Then you can store them until needed again. I would not put them in the washer and dryer.
on March 31, 2008
After dropping $40 on one of those Sharper Image Personal Cooling Systems and finding out that I would have been just as well off putting my money directly in a trash can, I stumbled upon these. They work very well and stay cool for several hours and stay wet for days. If it gets too warm, just pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes and you're good for a few more hours. Glad I bought them.
on June 16, 2008
These things work great - I put mine in a plastic cup with ice water and wring it out just before my workout at the gym. After one hour it still cools you down. Switch it to the other side and it gets even cooler ( kind of like turning your pillow over and it is cooler). Would definetely recommend.
on August 19, 2006
I would recommend this product to others. My son works in a factory. It gets very hot. This product has helped him get through the heat.
on October 19, 2007
First of all, these are not shaped like a typical bandana. But, they do puff up with water and stay wet for days. Be careful, they do get stinky if you don't let them air out. But don't expect them to get completely dry.
on August 30, 2010
Bought these for summer trip to Disney with the kids as an extra way of staying cool. They were moderatley effective initially, absorbing water and stayed moist and cool reaosnably well for a few hours in the hot Florida sun. But they lost the cooling sensation if not the "wetness" factor. Resoaking them at the parks helped. After a couple of days though, they absorb a significant odor from body perspiration and such. I threw them out in the hotel at the end of the 6-day vacation. Not worth saving.
on August 31, 2009
I prepared the Bandana per instruction. I had them in the refrig over night for
the next day. That next morning I went to put the bandana on and some of the gel
beads were sticking out of the materal. I took those off and then put the bandana
around my neck. The coolnest only lasted maybe 20 minutes. I was very disappointed!
I went back to my stand by, which is a cold wash cloth that had been in the refrig
and it lasts at least an hour. I would never buy this product again.
on July 19, 2010
They do swell up in cold water, but you definitely have to do it for at least an hour and it helps to keep them in the refrigerator during that time. You also have to keep turning it to get the cool effect. I will use it when gardening because it's a little messy for good clothes.
on July 13, 2010
The Evercool Reusable Cooling Bandana lives up to it's name. In Arizona it has stood up to 112 degree heat while I work outside tending my flowers and yard or taking walks in my neighborhood. It's second nature to take it out of the fridge, after a good soak in water, and tie it on and go outside and enjoy the day, not having to worry about the extreme heat. I sometimes forget I have it on at the end of the day...it's still keeping me cool...great product. I would think it would be terrific for first responders and others who are subjected to extreme heat, I see many landscapers and construction workers wearing them here in AZ. Another great use would be for summer sports camps, or football teams who start practice in August...great way to prevent heat induced injuries. The colors they come in are great too.