4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution For Icy Steps - Recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars curled up edges are dangerous
Published 20 months ago by Ohio Woman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solution For Icy Steps - Recommended, November 25, 2010
This review is from: HeatTrak HR10-30 Residential Snow-Melting Stair Mat, 10 Inch by 30 Inch, 120 Volt (Lawn & Patio)
We bought two of the HeatTrak HR10-30 Safety Tread Mats and several HeatTrak HR20-60 Residential Snow & Ice Heated Walkway Mat, 20-Inch by 5-Foot, 120 Volt to make a snow and ice free path from my front porch to our driveway. These mats require HeatTrak HR-P Residential Snow & Ice Heated Stair Mat Control Unit With 6-Foot Power Cord (not included) to control up to fifteen of these (or a combination of both mat types). These work as hoped, but one of the two units I received was defective (replaced quickly by Amazon). Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Easy To Install; units connect easily via waterproof couplers (see picture in "Customer Images")
+ Works Well; heated up to 80+ degrees Fahrenheit within 15 minutes

Cons -
- Ends Curl; unsecured ends curl up

We had sleet the day after getting these and the units made short work of melting the ice.

Recommended!

CFH

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, November 1, 2011
C4C (Greenville, SC) - See all my reviews
Any manufacturer can set out to make a great product, but the best companies are those that not only succeed in making great products, but provide great service when a problem arises.

Heattrak not only manufactures an outstanding product, but stands behind it with exceptional service.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect solution for icy stairs, February 8, 2011
I live in Cleveland and during the winter just putting a dog outside can be a problem with the snow. We bought these stair treads and a mat, it works wonderfully through all the snowstorms we have had. While we still have to shovel a bigger area for the dog,the part with the mat remains snow and ice free. No more fear of slipping on the icy steps. Pricy, and I don't know what they are costing me in electricity, but they have really solved a problem . WOuld love it if they could make one that could be driven over, to solve my icy driveway problem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, January 22, 2011
DCL (Concord, MA United States) - See all my reviews
We purchased a walkway mat and 2 stair mats, which fortunately were delivered the day before a predicted snowstorm. They linked together easily and the curled-up ends flattened quickly after heating. The snowstorm arrived as predicted and the mats performed exactly as promised. 8" of snow melted without problem and the mats were able to keep up with the snowfall rate of 1-2" per hour. Safe footing on the steps and walkway to the garage make these a worthwhile expenditure!

5.0 out of 5 stars heat trak,snow melting stair mats, March 24, 2013
These mats are great, we have a 11 year old Basset houndm she was having a hard time, going down the stairs, these melt snow, and ice, we put them on all night, and it makes it great when morning comes, and she needs to go outside no making her wait, so i can shovel,, highly recommended for pet owners, what a great product,,

5.0 out of 5 stars works very well, March 19, 2012
lat year we purchased the three step mat and found it works well on our wooden porch steps. they face northeast and have lots of ice in the winter. the mat works well so this year we added two more mats so all five steps have coverage . would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars melts ice and snow no shoveling, April 19, 2013
It works well for my back steps for my dogs to go out in the back yard without shoveling the steps

1.0 out of 5 stars curled up edges are dangerous, January 3, 2013
I had older versions of these Heattrak step warmers which are heavy rubber and I was happy with. I wanted more, but that version is no longer made. These however are flimsy and the edges curl up. They have been inside in the warm temp for 24 hours and still curl and I even had a weight on one end and it still curls. They SMELL like plastic. The old ones smelled like rubber. I am VERY unhappy about this purchase. If you could have experienced the old heavy rubber ones you would see that these new versions are crappy and cheaply made. If these don't stop curling I will have to return them. I can't secure the edges on stone steps and they are a safety hazard like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars this system has worked terrific, December 29, 2012
I found this product when I wasn't looking for it. When I saw it advertised I felt I had to try it. Luckilly, it turned out to work as advertised. When we received 8" of snow, all the snow that dropped on the area of the stair mats had melted, making the steps safer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 11, 2012
Step up to the hot tub would ice up. Bought two of these and they work like a charm in keeping the steps safe!

Update 12/12 - This product is still working excellent. Highly recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

$64.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Rate and Discover Movies