5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by J. Kenner
Publication Date: June 3, 2014
Reviewed By: Reading In Pajamas/ Dawn
Rated: 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
Published 6 months ago by Cori, Donna & Dawn- Reading In...

3.0 out of 5 stars wanted so much more
2.5-3 STARS

I wanted to love this book as I felt like I waited forever and even had my heartbroken with a netgalley denial, lol! Book 1 in this series blew me away and I wanted more mystique, more bad behavior, and more dark alpha brooding...I wanted more EVAN, but unfortunately Tyler's tale just didn't live up to the bar that the previous book set...
Published 5 months ago by Kelli Collopy

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by J. Kenner, June 3, 2014
Review: Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by J. Kenner [...]
Publication Date: June 3, 2014
Reviewed By: Reading In Pajamas/ Dawn
Rated: 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
Heated? Hell, I nearly caught on fire! Sloan is a detective out on medical leave when she finds herself in Chicago trying to find a friend that has suddenly gone missing. Sloan figures the best place to start is by meeting the owner of the exotic dance club where her friend last worked. Sloan believes Tyler ran several shady businesses. She figured her best chance of getting to know him is by seducing him. He is breathtakingly handsome, and Sloan knows right away that if she not careful she could easily fall under his spell. What Sloan doesn't know is that Tyler already knows Sloan is a cop. He wants her and is not going to stop her from using her wiles to try to seduce him. He'll take her anyway he can have her. Tyler pushes Sloan to discover a side she didn't know she had and after the hottest sex either of them has ever had, they both know one night will never be enough. As they continue to burn up the sheets they also get to know each other. As Sloan searches for her missing friend, Sloan and Tyler grow closer everyday while both knowing her time in Chicago draws closer to an end. Would they be able to resume their lives without each other or would they be willing to risk it all to be together? I highly recommend this erotic romance for readers looking for a hot romance with a great plot.

*Review copy provided by Random House LLC in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought Evan Black was hot. I was wrong. He is tepid at best next to Tyler. Holy Kindle Meltdown!, June 10, 2014
I am a huge fan of Wanted and was beyond excited when this book was announced. I always knew there was something more to Tyler and I sure was right. To be honest, I was a little worried at first. I did not like Sloane during the first couple of chapters. She kind of came across as someone I would want nowhere near me. Then she met Tyler and watching her watch him through her eyes gave such insight into why she was the way she was and I immediately became team Sloane. Watching them play their cat and mouse game as it became so much more kept me glued to my kindle. I seriously could not put it down and suffered a book hangover the next day.

If you have not read Wanted, you should because it is awesome, but you do not need to to love this book. If you are a fade to black kind of gal/guy, then this book is not for you. It is a scorcher and may melt your ereader. If you like your romance hot, you bad boys hotter and possibly not as bad as they seem and your heroines smart and no damsel in distress you need this book. I can not wait for the next book in this series to release in August. *This book is a complete story and does not have a cliff hanger.*

3.0 out of 5 stars wanted so much more, July 13, 2014
2.5-3 STARS

With Evan and Angelina living happily ever after on the up and up, it is Cole and Tyler still dabbling in the businesses that walk the fine line of clean and moral. When a dancer from Tyler's club goes missing a Chicago detective comes to town to do a bit of undercover work. When Sloan Watson sets foot into Tyler's world she is prepared to do what it takes to find her friend...she just doesn't expect to enjoy the "work" so much.

A con and a cop...should be interesting right? well not so much...there is insta-lust and then insta-feelings of love. Tyler spends a lot of time teasing Sloan into sensual bliss while she begs him to fill her up at any moment. Both are horny as hell, and they get it on at any time they can, not so hot when it is so ridiculously easy!

Overall there was a lot of stuff going on...personal revelations, illegal but not really bad activities, good versus bad, missing person searches, push-pull sex...just a bit too much. Tyler was seriously the most patient lover ever...I mean he seduced Sloan for hours...hey blue balls! Also for a cop so hell bent on justice...she only needed a bit of penetration and she was blind to the law!!!! For me, Evan still rules this tale...but I can tell Cole is gonna be fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Steamy & Full of Mystery is the only way to describe this fantastic book!, July 16, 2014
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews (Birmingham, AL United States) - See all my reviews
Overall Rating: 5 Rockin’ ★★★★★

Sloane’s father was FBI and it was only natural that she would follow in his footsteps and become a detective. While recovering from a gunshot wound and forced time off, one of her confidential informants ask that she look into the disappearance of her roommate. Sloane decides to go undercover to look into what happened to Amy an exotic dancer and her CI’s friend. The search leads her to Chicago and a gentleman’s club where Amy was last employed. No one seemed to know where she is or what happened to her. When Sloane attempts to get a job at the club, she is turned down and has to go to plan B, get up and personal with the owner Tyler Sharp one of the “Knights” the most celebrated businessmen in Chicago. With information pointing to their involvement in illegal dealings Sloane needs to get close to Sharp to ferret out their secrets and locate Amy.

Tyler and Sloane are not prepared for the connection that they feel for one another and Sloane cannot believe the lengths she is willing to go to be with him. Sloane is a dedicated officer and she is really good at her job but Tyler pushes her to cross the line. He was more than what one could see on the surface and if she was any other woman she would have held on tight and never let him go. But more was at stake than what she wanted; she had to find Amy before it was too late. Tyler surprises her by helping her get personal information on Amy that he had from his club and also goes with her to Amy’s old apartment to look for possible clues to where she may have gone.

Who is Tyler really? Is he the self-made man that the world sees and admires or is he something else? Sloane has always been able to see the real person and the real person that she sees is not all good, but he is not all bad either. When Sloane realizes that Tyler really understands her better than anyone else ever has she is afraid to take the next step but also afraid not too. Can Sloane let go of her abusive past and allow Tyler to take her to a place that will heal? Is Tyler capable of giving Sloane the things she needs and can she meet his needs? You can find all the answers in the pages of this incredible book. ~TSRBR

Hero –Tyler Sharp: 5 stars
Heroine –Sloane O’Dell Watson: 5 stars
Steam: 5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Cliffhanger: No

Would I recommend this book: Yes! Wow…hot, steamy and full of mystery is the only way to describe this fantastic book by J. Kenner! This book ticks off all the boxes for those that want to be totally enthralled until the last page of a good read.

Would I read other books by this author: Yes! I’ve read books by this author before and continue to be impressed with the scope of J. Kenner’s skill as a writer! This is a must read author and I cannot wait to read her next book!

***Received an ARC of this book from the Publisher in exchange for an honest review***

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, excellent read that is scorching hot!, June 3, 2014
An extremely hot, fast paced love story with an excellent push and pull between the main characters. Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants and it was an awesome read getting there.

I really liked Tyler and Sloane. She is immediately attracted to him even though she’s trying to keep herself in check. It’s like an instant game between the two of them when they first meet because he is just as attracted to her. They have chemistry and heat right from the beginning and I loved it!

Tyler was rather fantastic. He was commanding and pretty much sex-on-a-stick but him letting his guard down and being honest made my heart melt. I really liked Sloane, she was brave, open to anything with Tyler (wink!), and determined. They both have skeletons in their closet and I thought there was a nice build in finding out the details. I really enjoyed the two of them coming together, the drama between them, and I thought the ending was really sweet.

I liked the element of mystery, it really pulled you in (the reason why Sloane went to Chicago in the first place). I thought it mixed well throughout the story but I wish it would have been a bit more in depth.

This is definitely erotica and HOT does not even cover it. Major steaminess, light BDSM, and lots of sexy time adventures. If you like a book with spice, you wont be disappointed – this one is scorching!

I liked that there was more Evan and Angie and that we got to see more of Cole. Can't wait to see his layers peeled back in Ignited, book 3. Great characters, an element of mystery, sexy times, and an excellent story. I definitely would recommend this.

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure this could've been better, August 25, 2014
I was really excited for this book. The main character in this book is a cop. Not just any cop, she's a detective. So I’m automatically thinking awesome. Law and Order. This girl is going to go in there and basically shut the whole thing down.
Then we quickly note that she's not really on assignment, she's on medical leave. Ok that's fine but still law and order. This woman will shut everything down.
Then my 5 minutes of excitement got basically destroyed. I also made a mental note to myself that if I ever needed to count on her for police work. I would rather call on a podiatrist.
Never have I been so wrong on a character.
Sloane quickly proved that she suffered from a little something I like to call as TWV. Thinks with Vagina. That was all made clear within the first few pages of this book, and her vagina basically had the lead role throughout the entire book. I've basically questioned her integrity with her career, not to mention once she was found out, she behaved extremely erratic. So if this was a real operation would she still have acted the way she did?
I gave this 3 stars. Would I recommend it? Egh, there were some good parts, but I think at the end of the day I was ok with skipping it. I am ready to be disappointed with the final book though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., September 4, 2014
This review is from: Heated: A Most Wanted Novel (Paperback)
I am sorry to say this, but I did not enjoy Heated as much as I enjoyed Wanted. Heated was just an ok read for me. I found Evan and Angie's story in Wanted to be much more interesting than Tyler and Sloane's story. I believe that I did not find Heated as interesting because I did not connect with, nor did I like Sloane, the heroine, at all. I found her to be very judgmental, hypocritical and annoying. I got so tired of hearing her constantly say that she could not be with Tyler because he was a criminal and she was a cop, when she knew absolutely nothing about him or his friends, and she had her own secrets that she was carrying around. I really did not even understand Tyler's attraction to Sloane, because I just did not feel the connection between them, which is so weird for a J. Kenner book, because her books are all about the draw and the attraction and the seduction. Just think about the Stark Trilogy. Wow!! I love that Damien and Nikki Stark. This one was missing all of that, at least for me it was. Nevertheless, I love J. Kenner's books despite this one only being alright to me, and I am anxiously awaiting Ignited, Cole August's book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 30, 2014
Loved the story. It had drama in it. A very unexpected plot and ending. And yes it was also hot. I really enjoyed this book. I would recommend it to everyone I know. Can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heated: a Most Wanted Novel, June 30, 2014
A love story that will keep you interested and wanting to know that they are going to be together forever. You will love the characters and story.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, June 27, 2014
This was awesome!! The beginning to the end. The story is well written. All I can say is WOW! WOW!

Heated: A Most Wanted Novel
Heated: A Most Wanted Novel by Julie Kenner (Paperback - June 3, 2014)
$15.00 $11.98