Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Red Plaid|Change

on February 11, 2010
The main reason that I am writing a review on this item is because it only had 3 stars because some yahoo decided to write the only review - and he hadn't even purchased the item!! I almost overlooked this blanket because it had only scored three stars. At any rate, let me just assure you that you can buy this blanket with confidence. I was looking for a heated travel blanket, but absolutely could not find one in stores this winter. I took a chance on this blanket, and am very happy with it.

The blanket is a lovely, soft, snuggly fleece material. It is a cute black and red plaid. It is a larger size than some of the other electric travel blankets. The plug has a green light that shows you when it is plugged in and on. It is nice because it has an automatic shut off timer on the on/off switch. It does not instantly heat up, but most full sized electric blankets do not do this anyhow either. When the blanket gets going, it provides a wonderful noticeable heat.

The only downside is that it is not machine washable - only spot clean. I did not find any of the travel electric blankets that were machine washable though, so this is pretty much par for the course. I think that you may be able to hand wash the blanket as long as the 12 volt plug is covered and kept out of the water (my opinion only of course). The only reason I think this is from my prior experience with traditional electric blankets. You can machine wash those blankets, but it is because the electric plug disconnects. These travel blankets don't have a plug that disconnects... therefore the direction to spot clean only.
66 comments|263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My boyfriend got me this blanket for Christmas because he was tired of either sweating or listening to me shiver every time we take a winter ride in the car. We own a small car and since he is bigger than me and usually driving, the heat seems to hit him much more directly. This resulted in a constant heat-up, heat-down battle that was only resolved with the purchase of this blanket. I didn't have any of the odor or fragility issues that some of the other reviewers did, so maybe I just got lucky but for now, we can leave the heat off or on low so that my boyfriend doesn't cook while I stay toasty warm underneath the blanket. Even though I have a fairly unique situation, this heated throw provided the perfect solution.
11 comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2008
We bought these March 2005 for the kids to keep warm when first entering our cold vehicle in Colorado winters. The timer is a great feature especially if you have it plugged into an UN-switched power outlet. So far, they've been great. Cleaning is the only issue. No machine washing. Spot cleaning works fine though and everyone is still happy. Keep in mind that these are child size or maybe the leg area of an adult.
on May 28, 2007
Nice, thick fuzzy blanket with built-in 12 volt electric warmer and auto-shutoff timer. I've used this on a May RV trip up to Alaska and the Yukon and never got cold, even when it was freezing outside. I just wish it was a little longer. Other than that, a great product.
on November 4, 2012
I don't typically go through the trouble to leave a positive review (lol) but since I was so distraught over the wide range of happiness in the reviews I read before I bought this product, I figured I would.

I finally bought this for my car :) Apparently, buying a converter for the cigarette lighter so you can bring a household heating blanket into the car is NOT a good idea :-/ Who knew. This blanket heats up well. It heats up to a nice toasty temperature. It heats up within a few minutes. Clearly it worked when I used it, and it has been working every day all week. My co-worker bought this same blanket and it lasted her 3 winters of every day use. It did not catch on fire. It did not electrocute me. It did not get burning hot and burn me.

I like to use it for my commutes, which do not last more than 45 minutes, in this cold state of MN, when my car takes a long time to heat up. It has a half hour shut off and a 45 minute shut off that are automatic. That is a plus to me. It covers my legs perfectly AND it's a nice thick blanket. I thought it was hard to tell in the picture how thick the blanket was (I don't want to feel the heating wires, ew).

I would only have one tiny warning. Be prepared to get those little static shocks when your moving the blanket around (like when removing it to get out of the car). It's only a very minor and explainable occurrence. Just use your head at the gas station ;-). I really looked around in stores and online to find the perfect blanket for my car. There is actually not a lot of choices! If I was sitting next to you and you wanted to know, I would say just buy it. It's worth it!
on January 14, 2011
This takes 10 minutes to heat up, so don't think it's going to get warm quickly. If you have a need for this, like an older parent who gets very cold in the winter even on short drives, heat it up before you pick them up. It would be nice on a long trip, or if your driving partner likes it really cold in the car.
on January 15, 2007
This blanket has been great for our winter travels. The only downside is that it cannot be machine washed. Didn't think to check that before buying. It is great for the family mini van.
on March 8, 2007
My wife uses this in the car when we're on the road for awhile. I like to keep it between 68-70 degrees; she prefers a balmy 80. With this, we can both be happy! Also, not a bad thing to have in the car in the event you're stranded.

It would be nice if this came in other colors besides navy.
on February 4, 2010
I purchased this item for my wife because she is always cold, even if everyone else is hot. She has used it on trips and is veery satisfied with it. It keeps her warm while the rest of us can be cooler and comfortable.
on January 26, 2004
Blanket does not get warm enough to make it better than any good quality regular blanket. Also, It gave off an unpleasant odor, a fuel like smell.
22 comments|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse