Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Heath/Zenith HZ-4133-OR Shaker Cove Mission-Style 150-Degree Motion-Sensing Decorative Security Light, Oil-Rubbed Bronze
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 9, 2015
I purchased this light on March 2, 2011 and installed it within a week. There are some pros and cons with this light.

Pros
The dusk to dawn feature works perfectly
The motion detector works well and is sensitive enough to pick up a cat walking through my patio.
The motion detector has a 150 radius. This is both a pro and a con depending on the situation. For me it is a plus. Others might need a broader detection range.
The light has worked with every type of bulb I have tried.Some LEDs and compact fluorescent bulbs work fine.

Cons
The color is black. I ordered oil rubbed bronze and it said it was that color, but really the color is black.
Because the bulb turns on and off multiple times through the night, it seems to consume bulbs. I have gone through 3 light bulbs with this unit and am working on bulb 4. Compact fluorescent bulbs don't seem to last any longer than incandescent bulbs.
The paint does not last and is quickly lost.

I live in a very sun intense area with very little rain and no snow. The paint on this fixture lasted about 2 and a half years. I am now replacing the fixture because the paint is long gone and the fixture is heavily rusted. There is not a single millimeter of the fixture that is not covered with a heavy layer of rust. The fixture continues to work well, it is just rusted out.

I have included a photo of the fixture as it is in 12/2015. The light brown color is a heavy layer of oxidation and rust. The rust can come off, but the metal is degrading underneath. There is not enough metal left on the light to refinish the light at this point.
review image
44 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2010
I got this light for my patio. I always seemed to forget to turn off the light in the morning, so I decided to try a light with a motion sensor. I have had this one a couple of weeks now, and so far it is working perfectly. It's an attractive security light. It seems that some of these lights don't work with CFBs, so you might want to check the product description carefully if you plan on using CFBs. I plugged in a CFB after installing the light, and I thought that the light wasn't working. I then realized that this light would only work with incandescent light bulbs.
Update: I just thought I'd update this review. I've had this light now for almost five years. It's still working perfectly!
44 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2015
IF YOUR LIGHT STOPPED WORKING PLEASE READ

I bought this about a year or so ago at Home Depot and my sensor stopped working as well. I figure I could rewire it to bypass the sensor and then just put a regular dusk till dawn bulb with a built-in sensor in it because thats what i used it for.

So as I took it apart on the top where the sensor is, inside is a nut that holds down what appears to be a ground strap. This nut was very loose. So before you throw your unit away, tighten that nut, either put an extra nut in there so it doesn't loosen up or just double check this contact. Anyway, I tighten it and my light is working again...easy fix. My thought is, this nut loosened with temperature changes. Probably should have been a better design with this grounding strap but I hope folks out there check this before throwing it out.
on November 22, 2010
This is a nice-looking light, with a good motion sensor, at a good price.
Install wasn't super-easy or super-difficult; I was hoping to be able to just fasten the new light on the mount for the old light but because the base is so thick, it didn't go that way. Once I got the new plate on, it went up just fine. There's two switches - one for sensitivity and one controlling how long it stays on - it took a bit of fussing around, but it's working the way I want now. Reasonably self-explanatory but not instantaneous setting up.
The motion sensor is the knob on top, and it has a range (nominal 150-degree spread) centered straight ahead. The knob on top turns a bit, too, maybe 30 degrees, meaning that the sensor edge should be right at 90 degrees, but since it stick out from the wall a bit I have to step out onto the porch before the light comes on. In just a week or two it's become a new habit, no big deal - though it would have been nice if the sensor knob turned a bit more, so I could center the cone pointing at the door.
on December 14, 2010
I first bought two of these for an urban front door to replace CFL lights that failed. They worked so reliably that I bought an additional six for another house, for lighting doors and a garage entrance. All eight of these were easy to install and have worked flawlessly. They seem well constructed and, in my opinion, are quite attractive. Strongly recommend.
on February 17, 2010
We wanted sensor lights for our front porch columns and these are perfect although smaller than we realized (bigger would have been a better fit with the size of the columns). Finding sensor lights that are attractive wasn't easy so we were happy to find these and they weren't expensive!
on April 5, 2011
These lights are great! If you are looking fro a medium size light for a porch or entry way, you can't go wrong with these. We bought them to go on our garage and on our front porch. (5 total) The price is great especially for what you get, Light sensor and a motion sensor, plus you can put them on Manual mode and just turn them on and off. The seeded glass is good quality and they look a lot more high end then what you are going to pay for them. I would recommend.
on June 9, 2015
Was used. Not new as promised Installation ring was bent.
review image
on April 16, 2014
If you're buying this, you're already dropping at least $40. You'll be surprised to find that if need to setup a certain type of wiring (I think grounding it to the metal junction box), you will have to go out and buy your own wire! Seriously, it probably would have cost the producer less than a nickle per piece to include it in the package. Instead, you have to stop your installation and go out to buy the wire, unless you are fortunate enough to have an extra piece available.

The other frustrating thing was the "universal" mount. It turned out not to be all that universal. I was replacing another motion sensing light that was very outdated. I removed the old mount and tried six ways from Sunday to install the new one. There were several problems with the setup:
The new mount was too large to fit in my setup. The positioning didn't work, no matter what I tried. The instructions were not much help in this regard.
The screws provided were too thick to fit into my junction box.

I ended up throwing away the mount that came with this light and using the old one because I knew it worked. Everything seems to be working perfect so far.

Other than being smaller than you think it should be, which I knew because I scoped it out at Home Depot before purchasing, this is a good light once installed. Installing it can be quiet a pain if it doesn't adhere to your setup, but seems to work well once you are finished troubleshooting. I still have a second one to install. I'm hoping the second installation will go smoother than the first.

The directions were not
on March 22, 2011
I wanted to update 3 outdoor lanterns for my house. As I did research I have seen the price range from $10 to hundreds. After browsing the internet and going to Home Depot I decided to go with these Zenith lights because they sounded the best for the price. When I unboxed them the first time I thought that they were quite small. I also thought they were not completely straight. It seeems the that the cage extends out too much. Besides these negatives, I think they are very stylish lights. From far they make my home look a lot better. I would recommend them to others despite the negative comments.