5.0 out of 5 stars Easy replacement brings dryer back to life!
I have a Kenmore model 110.62602100 dryer.

Published on November 17, 2010 by Wells Bengston

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but uses low-temp wire which burned over 1 year of use
Exact match as replacement. Installed kit 1 year ago. Dryer ran cold, but turned. Found jumper wire burned through. It is close to the heating element, but not touching. Other wires in close proximity fine. High-temp jumper wire is needed.
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy replacement brings dryer back to life!, November 17, 2010
This review is from: 279838 AND 279816 Dryer Heating Element and Thermostat Combo Pack for Whirlpool Kenmore Electric Dryers
I have a Kenmore model 110.62602100 dryer.

Last week, it stopped heating up. The dryer is over 10 years old, as is the washer and they are a bit rusty, so I looked at replacing them. The reviews I read on new washers and dryers showed me that they are not as reliable and don't wash as good as the older models. There are some energy and water savings to be had with newer washers, but it would take years for that to repay itself, and I'd have a lower quality washer and drier in the mean-time. I also looked at getting a new gas dryer, which would cut my energy bill, but was looking at about $500 for a high quality one. Again, not worth the savings...

So, I unplugged the dryer and flipped it forward. I found that the people who installed it had crushed the exhaust duct, which resulted in it filling with lint and increasing drying times, not to mention creating a fire-hazard.

I removed the duct and back panel, which had 9 screws holding it on. Once I pulled the panel off, I instantly saw that the spade connection to the heating element had burned itself into oblivion. The connector went into the thermostat, so I needed a new thermostat as well. I found the part numbers at sears.com, which showed the heating element to be back-ordered.

I did a google search which showed this kit on Amazon, so I ordered it. It took a little longer than desired for it to come, but within the estimated window. I am really spoiled by the free 2-day prime shipping, so paying extra for expedited shipping and having it take 4 days is a bit galling. Oh well...

The heating element was held on with 2 screws. After removing them, it slid right out. The thermostat included with this kit was different from the original, so I had to cut a wire and install a spade connector, but that was easy. The kit did not include the screws needed to attach the thermostat to the heating element, so I had to dig some out of the shop. The original setup had no screws holding the thermostat on as the terminal held it on, but this kit has a wire, which will not hold it on. The same screws that hold the back panel and the heating element on will work, so you can pick some up before this arrives.

Once the wires were back in place, I buttoned everthing back up, installed a new metal duct(plastic is a fire hazard) and put the dryer back in place. I fired it up for 30 seconds and popped it open, instant heat!!!

The new heating element had an odor, so I ran it for 10 minutes to "break it in" but now it is working like new!

This was an easy repair that anyone who is a bit handy could do. The most involved part was cutting the wire and installing the included crimped connector. If you can do that, you are good to go. The drier is also pretty light, so it is easy to flip forward. Always make sure to unplug before opening up electrical appliances, of course...

5.0 out of 5 stars 279838 AND 279816 Dryer Heating Element and Thermostat Combo Pack for Whirlpool Kenmore Electric Dryers, April 22, 2012
I bought this part for my Whirlpool dryer, I saw the video posted on you tube how to replace this part and save money on repair. It was very easy to replace this part one arrived to me. I'm happy with the seller it was quick and prompt thank, you five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, easy install, back in business!!!, August 20, 2012
Item arrived quicker then expected which was great considering the mountain of washed-but-not-dried clothes we had laying around. Quick install went off fast and easy. Original lower temp sensor had slightly different lug (extra small clip for extra wire) so put old one back in, still worked great. First load was full load of freshly washed towels, normally more then one cycle to dry, and they completely dried in one load warm and toasty. Really happy. Quality unit, professionally packaged, perfect match!

Word of advice... CLEAN YOUR DUCTS, TRAPS AND HOSES!!! Had cleaned my roof vent a couple years ago and before putting this back in climbed up to check and sure enough, solid plugged with lint even though we're religious about cleaning lint between loads and/or cycles. The screen in the roof vent to prevent wasps from moving in, traps lint from moving out. Some small lint gets thru so no matter what you do the roof duct needs to be checked. We also vacuumed every spec of lint from the unit, vent, screens, everything. We also hosed out the dryer duct and dried it completely even though buying a new one would of been easier. But thinking the clogged ducts probably contributed to burned out heater, hopefully the cleaned ducts keep the new one running long and strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! easy install., July 5, 2011
I am happy with the ease of install. It has worked very well for several weeks and I hope it continues to do so. Very good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but uses low-temp wire which burned over 1 year of use, April 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Like having a new dryer, August 9, 2013
A friend told me to order this and do myself and I thought he was crazy. I can't fix my dryer. Well I tried it and it was sooooo easy. Parts are really simple and I watched a you tube video that walked me right through how do it and saved $150 doing it myself and large loads from my newer washer no longer take 2 cycles to dry. No one would ever call a repair man for a dryer if they knew how easy they are to repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect part , good price, newbie installer, November 6, 2010
R. Kelly (Central Florida) - See all my reviews
Thanks to diagrams on Sears.com, I got an idea for the exact part number and general price and almost fainted when I called a serviceman for his estimate of on site repair. So I researched the internet and found that the part had a 50/50 chance of being the element or fuse/thermostat. I looked and decided on this combo as the best solution. It was shipped promply and delivered in time for my wife to keep off my back for her laundry chores.

Installed like a charm , very easy and worked like new. Everybody happy except me that did not look in the newspaper packing to find the extra package of Thermostat and fuse in a hidden plastic bag. Lucky for me the 50% chance was the element. (I confirmed upon removal the continuity breakage with a ohm meter).

Wife happy, I am happy and have an extra thermostat for the next repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parts w/Instructions, March 30, 2014
Every part worked and it came with instructions-YEAH! I was pleased with all the parts ordered and my dryer is working.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a challenge, March 30, 2014
The heating element attached perfectly, but when we changed the thermostat the heating element didn't work. The dryer would not heat. So, we called the manufacturer to find out if we ordered the right one, in which we did. So Carlos from the manufacturer suggested we look on youTube to install the thermostat. We had to manipulate (bend, cut) one of the fittings so it can fit probably on the dryer, and it worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend, March 30, 2014
Quick dispatch ideal for service repair part or home install. Would recommend this listing to others with same dryer thank you.

Rate and Discover Movies