Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

HALL OF FAMEon December 1, 2001
Behold: a second solo album and one that's even better than her debut, Belinda. Where Belinda was a toe-dip in the ocean of pop, Heaven On Earth has Belinda Carlisle splashing and swimming happily with the best of them. And the title track was asking to shoot to #1 on the Billboard charts, which it did.
"Circle In The Sand" is a perfect beach song, not in the vein of the boppity "Bikini Beach" but light-paced, ideal for walking along the beach, watching the waves.
Her cover of Cream's "I Feel Free" is the first time I heard this song and as such, is better than the original or the David Bowie rendition of it. This is the same song that seems to be played in the book American Psycho, not the movie.
"World Without You" is a nice ballad whose styling reminds me a bit of John Waite's "Missing You". The same rhythm guitar and synthesizer styling permeates throughout the next song, "I Get Weak", which is not a weak song by any means; she makes it credible, thanks to lyrics by ace songwriter Diane Warren.
The fun-tastic fast-paced "Fool For Love" has a simple and sweet chorus: "If I'm a fool for love (3x), I don't care (2x)"
"Nobody Owns Me" has a strong pounding rock guitar dominant. It also makes Belinda one of the few singers who has the license for singing "oooh" to finish a line AND make it sexy. Susanna Hoffs is the only other one I can think of who also qualifies.
The sad and wistful "Love Never Dies" closes the album.
Rick Nowels produced this album, as well as Runaway Horses and Live Your Life Be Free, and no doubt his masterful skill contributed Belinda's well-deserved stardom. Add to this are some talented guest singers and artists, including Charlotte Caffey, and two-thirds of what would later become Wilson Phillips, as well as Mellencamp drummer Kenny Aronoff.
Heaven On Earth lives up to its title and for me, this was one of the best reasons to be alive in 1987. Every song here is singleworthy, and there are very very few albums to which I can say that to.
on June 6, 2009
"Heaven on Earth" was Belinda Carlisle's peak on the pop charts. Her 1986 "Belinda" album did well enough, but HOE brought her to the top of the charts. The album had a run of great singles: "Heaven is a Place on Earth", "I Get Weak" and "Circle in the Sand", accompanied by stylish videos that were played endlessly on MTV. HOE has been remastered, and with this Special Edition, I was surprised at how well the album has aged.

I always brushed HOE off as a pleasant pop album with some great singles, while the rest of it was fluff. But the whole album is a solid listen. Carlisle, like Madonna and Kylie Minogue, has one of the best pop voices, and her summery, feel-good pop is at its best here. The remaster includes extended and remixed versions of the singles, although I was disappointed that the remix of "I Feel Free" is not included. And, although the special edition comes with an entertaining concert from 1988, I wish this edition had included the videos for the singles, since they were a key part of the success of HOE.

But, if you love '80s pop, this remaster is a must-buy.
on January 13, 2001
Because it certainly deserves this. While I too would have liked "Mad about you" on this album, this does not detract from the quality of the work. I got this album when I was a preteen, and it still has undisputable staying power. My parents got this for me during one birthday, and I have played it so much that the tape is begining to wear thin in places.
Even though my tastes run towards rock and punk, I absolutely love this ex-Go-Go's work and am always perked up by her airal and etherial voice. The vocals are far more mature than 1980's Maddona, and yet, they are not totally lost on somebody who is a preteen or even teenager. I really can't highlight a single track, because the music is all good, but my favirotes of favirotes would have to be "Heaven on Earth", " Should I let you in" and "I feel Free". This is one talented woman who clearly has lots of attitude and places it into her work .
I also liked the fact that her beauty lay in the comparative simplicity of dress and makeup. While she is really dressed up in the cover art by today's standards, she looked really natural in the glam 1980s.
on February 18, 2005
Belinda Carlisle was one of the foremost rock/pop songtresses of the eighties. Although her US star faded in the US in the early nineties, she continued releasing albums in England. I have purchased some of those as well, and they have been just as good as her original hits. Not quite sure why she faded in the US, but her work is still top notch.
on June 18, 2016
I'm such a HUGE Belinda Carlisle fan and when she announced these I was like a kid in a candy store until I learned they were not gonna be released here in North America. Then I saw them on here as an Import and that kid in a candy store was back! I have no issue paying $20 for these at all! I ordered Heaven on Earth and Runaway Horses. I added all the other ones to my wishlist and will slowly purchase them over time.
on April 30, 2011
This cd was one of my best cd purchases ever!!!
Heaven on Earth is simply loaded with Amazing Songs!
The Melodies & beats go perfectly along with Belinda's Phenominal Voice!!!
This Package brings me back to the AWESOME 80s... What a decade for Music!!!

The bonus DVD is Amazing...Very energetic & fun to watch...
Due to the age of the concert... the transfer to dvd wasn't perfect, but it is really good... Also, just getting the chance to have a concert of Belinda's is a rare treasure!
I will watch the dvd concert for years to come & enjoy the cd always...

You should definately buy this Special Edition before it is gone Forever...
It is well worth the money!!!

Thanks for reading my review!
on September 9, 2013
I was very happy to see the acappella version of Heaven is a Place on Earth as the copy I had on the 12" never sounded all that great and here it is crystal clear and her voice really shines. This was never one of my favorite Belinda recordings I think because it was so overplayed in the 80s. There are some great tracks here and it's nice to hear them again in remastered format. If only some other groups would jump on the band wagon and release Deluxe packages as nice as these. It's nice to see the old videos again although they don't seem to be cleaned up like the CDs are but then again I was watching on my PC.
on March 18, 2016
A heavily loaded release of Belinda Carlisle's hits, it includes single releases as well as the original studio recordings. It also features a dvd of the various music videos. Quite a package! Highly recommend it!
on February 9, 2016
Belinda Carlisle, ex-lead singer of the all girl '80s band, "The Go-Go's" gives us her second solo album. What an album it was! This edition is perhaps the best edition to capture all the glam and glitter of one of the year's best audio performances. Belinda was truly a gifted singer and there is no doubt that is shows here. It's not often that a solo artist comes out with their debut CD/Album and then is propelled even better the next year. I would have to say if you are a Belinda Carlisle fan, you must get this edition! Not only do you get the original lineup of the CD, but you get all the remixes on a second CD as well, plus the "BELINDA LIVE" video on DVD, for the first time, and most of her videos for this album.
The Audio and Picture Quality are superb and Belinda herself also gives us all an in depth look into the album and what it meant for her as a solo artist. Very good interview Belinda! Great to see you talk about this time in your life. Well done!
The picture Quality is even better on an Ultra 4K TV.
List of songs and videos are in features or aspects where you buy this item on Amazon. Thank you Belinda and Edsel for a great package!!!
review image review image
on October 8, 2013
1987's Heaven On Earth is my all time favorite Belinda Carlisle album. I am so happy with the 3 DISC re-issue. Disc 1 has the remastered album and single edits as well. Disc 2 cool remixes. Disc 3-the main reason I purchased all 4 re-issues-THE DVD- I finally own the 3 classic videos from the album on dvd. Heaven Is A Place On Earth, I Get Weak and my favorite of all of Belinda's videos Circle In The Sand. And the 1988 concert Belinda LIVE! is included on the 3rd disc(I had the vhs copy bought in 1988) along with the 3 videos, a Belinda interview discussing the album and LIVE videos. The dvd plays in US dvd /blu-ray players. NTSC. Love the booklet with photos from 1987/1988. I am really happy with the quality and care that went into these albums.