Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Heaven Is For Real Conversation Guide
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 9, 2011
I received the ebook version of Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo from booksneeze.com. I have to admit, I was not a fan of the ebook... I would much rather have the actual paper copy of any book! That being said, this was still a very charming book. Colton was 4 years old when he "died" and went to heaven during an operation. This is his dad's recollection of the events leading up to and afterwards. It's interesting how long it takes the parents to really get the whole story from Colton... Colton's age at the time of the event may attribute to the slow progression. That being said though, the book definitely makes you think about what heaven is like. Todd Burpo did do a great job putting scriptural references to Colton's memories of heaven. I liked reading about Colton's "preschooler moments". I wasn't really that big of a fan of all the lead up to the incident of Colton's experience... I felt like it was almost a biography of Colton's dad's bad luck prior to all this.

However, I still enjoyed hearing Colton's recollection of his experience in heaven and meeting Jesus. There is a picture of the image of Jesus that Colton recalls in the back of the book. I think this is definitely a book that people who have never thought about eternity should read.
on December 5, 2011
My husband and I have both read this book now and we are amazed and delighted with the book.

This is the story of a little boy who was 3 when he had his actual "near death experience." He was four by the time he began to make statements to his parents about his experience.

The book is really a treasure - a little boy, who knew nothing of the Bible - in fact couldn't yet read, tells his parents about how heaven looks, about seeing God on His throne, meeting Jesus, seeing many people in heaven. In particular, he meets his great grandfather "Pop", who died 25 years before Colton was born. He also meets his sister - and describes her. Colton's mother had a miscarriage before Colton was born and certainly never discussed this with him. In fact, his parents didn't know if the child they lost was a boy or a girl. Yet, Colton says he met her in heaven.

We highly recommend this book and it would make an excellent birthday or Christmas gift. We are buying several to give to family members.
on December 9, 2011
I lead a book discussion and the book we choose for Dec, partly becuase of its size and it hope and promise was the "Heaven is for Real" book. I listened to the CD but did not have the DVD for the series. The Conversation guide was very helpful for leading the book discussion, the questions and scripture listing were excellent. A good jumping off place, for anyone over 10.
on April 14, 2012
loved this book. i hope when i get to heaven jesus looks like the painting the girl drew and i hope jesus is the 1st person i see.
along with my mom and dad and others who know who you are
on June 24, 2012
With this kit came a 117 page discussion guide and a 5 session DVD.
Each session within the study guide contains multiple parts: scripture, group discussion questions, and a prayer. I found each scripture passage incredibly relevant to the topic, the questions were deep and though provoking, and the prayers were heartfelt and genuine.

The DVD sessions were a bit lacking, however. They were set up in an interview-style format with a "reporter" and it felt like a bland, drawn out story with no real focus or direction. Todd Burpo speaks throughout most of the DVD and doesn't concentrate the topics to heaven as much as I would have liked. I found the reporter to be disingenuous in general and especially when asking questions of Colton Burpo and what he saw and experienced in heaven. Other minor things such as the all white background and the way the family sat during the interview were distracting and could have been better directed.

Overall, I think the conversation guide has a lot of value, especially for a small group format. The DVD, however, can be thrown out.

(I received this kit for free to review. All opinions are my own.)
on February 2, 2016
Was not what I wanted at all. Was expecting the real book and not just a study guide for the movie. When ordering "Conversation Guide" is written in the lower left hand corner. In very small print. So if you are not paying attention You think you are getting the real book and you are not. My fault I will learn to look closer.
on March 23, 2012
I greatly enjoyed reading Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo several months ago. Periodically something would happen in my life that would make me ponder some of the experience which four year old Colton described about his three minute experience in heaven. The tone of the book was never arrogant or braggadocios but extremely humble and understanding of people who might question the validity of the stories that were recounted. This Conversation Kit which includes a DVD and a Conversation Guide continued to demonstrate the authenticity of this family.

Both Todd and Sonja, Colton's mother and father, shared their reactions and thoughts as Colton revealed more and more about his experience. Todd described his anger with God, his fear and confusions as well as a very unpastor-like prayer while Colton was in surgery which was amazingly validated by Colton. Sonja emotionally gave an account of hearing Colton tell her about the baby girl that was waiting for her in heaven.

Reading the book allowed me to form certain opinions about this family. Watching the video confirmed their sincerity and faith to each other and to Jesus. Fabulous experience!

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.
on June 6, 2014
I purchased this book from Amazon because I was interested in knowing all about this experience. I, however, bought the conversation guide and that fact left me wanting more information - they refer to DVD's and book club conversations and don't really get down to the story.
on June 21, 2014
I did not care for the book. There was no confirmations by Doctors or nurses that they did loose him during the operation. The boys claims he was in heaven only three minutes, but yet he was able to do things and talk to people , sit on God lap and talk to him ???
To me, the whole thing was phony, maybe a way to make money It would have more clout had the boy not his father tell the story.
The book was more about the father telling a story, then the boy telling us about his experience.
on November 15, 2011
I'll let the reader know at the start regarding near Death Experiences (NDE) or Post Death Experiences (PDE): I am a disbeliever. Nonetheless, "Heaven is for Real" tracks the life of a family including Colton, a 4-year old boy, and his father Todd (a minister). Colton gets ill and needs emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix. Dad is already overwhelmed due to many troubles. Colton has surgery conjoined with a trouble-filled recovery. Then the young boy starts to mention parts of a story about his journey to heaven that he experienced during surgery. Specific details are given that the boy should not have been able to normally observe, which seems to confirm his story.

"Heaven is for Real" sold out in its first printing and climbed to #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list. For many weeks it has remained #1 on the non-fiction list. And now the best-selling book about Colton's visit to heaven is on DVD with a conversation package that is made for classes and small groups. You will see Colton's story and how it changed his live and his family's. Each DVD segment has Todd, Sonja, and Colton in an interview based format.

The DVD and kit provide:

* Five video sessions with the family and Colton answering common questions about heaven and his visit.
* A touching session on how to recover from loss and trouble
* A group leader guide

So the pertinent question: Did the little boy visit heaven? See the video with scripture in hand and let the truth decide the question.
Revelation 21:9-27 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife." 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel... 22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
I received this gratis from BookSneeze in order to provide a fair review.
Review by Mike Robinson,
author of "God's Necessary Existence."