3,336 Reviews
 (2,175)

5.0 out of 5 stars What's It Like In Heaven? Do you believe?
The movie begins with a young girl, on the other side of the world, painting a picture of an eye. You will find out what that means in the end.

Published 8 months ago by Kathy W

3.0 out of 5 stars Heaven if for real but this movie isnt
Published 5 months ago by R. Diffy

5.0 out of 5 stars What's It Like In Heaven? Do you believe?, April 19, 2014
Kathy W (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)

This movie is a WONDERFUL heartwarming story of a young 4-year old boy who has an out-of-body experience. While in critical condition, on the operating table from a ruptured appendix, young Coulton goes to Heaven, spends time with Jesus, is sung to by angels, and meets some folks he never knew. The movie also hints at the power of prayer, when a large group of town people come together and pray. When Coulton is out of danger and back home, he begins to speak of his experiences. Coulton is so at peace, and so without fear.

The movie is also a test of faith for the folks in the small town of Imperial Nebraska, Who really wants to believe in a young boy's story? Watch as some folks' faith is challenged.

Greg Kinnear is perfect for the role of Pastor Todd Burpa. Ralph Haden Church, as Jay Wilkins, is the local banker and Todd's friend. Because this is obviously a small town community, both Todd and Jay are co-involved in other town activities.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and I highly recommend it. It is a beautiful and deeply touching story. (Bring a few kleenex because it touches your heart and soul.) I plan to purchase the DVD for my collection. I have not yet read the book but I will now!

This movie is allegedly based on the true story of the Burpa family. I can tell you that my brother had a NDE during a serious operation. As someone who did not normally believe in the "unseen," the NDE was a big surprise for him. It took him about 2 months before he was ready to share it with me. I also have a musician friend who had an NDE, and the music he plays sounds like it came right out of Heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven "is" for real!!!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
When I lost my husband in 2006, things happened that was extremely similar to this little boy's story. He said he heard music about 5 hours before he transitioned into Heaven and other things happened as well that was confirmation that he would be with Jesus in Heaven when he left this earth. Almost exactly 1 hour before he left this world, he looked at the ceiling with his eyes roaming back and forth as though he was looking at something, then he said abruptly "I have to go!" I thought he was losing oxygen to the brain so I assumed he was talking out of his head. Me and 2 other nurses were in the room with him. I said "You do? Where do you have to go?" He didn't say anything to me but kept looking at the ceiling with his eyes going back and forth then he said "I don't know. You'll have to ask her if it's okay." He was talking to someone! He was so weak by then that as he turned his head to look at me and point, he could barely do so. I knew then he was asking if he could go with the ones he was talking to. He transitioned peacefully and literally took his last breath with a smile on his face. The thought crossed my mind that he was "birthed" into Heaven. When he left his body, I could feel what he was experiencing. I learned later that this does happen sometimes with family members. He was feeling an unexplainable joy and peace. I could also sense that he was looking at his body thinking, maybe saying, there's no way I'm going back in there! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's in Heaven and one day I'll be joining him. So, needless to say, this movie made me cry... a lot! My husband now, a widower, also related to this movie. We both are not only believers of Jesus but know from experience that this is all for real... Jesus, God, Heaven... and, sadly, hell. I just thank Him for the opportunity for salvation so we can live eternally with Him and our loved ones in Heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favor and watch this movie. It is GREAT!, July 15, 2014
Absolutely the best movie I have seen in a LOOOOOONG time! I recommend this movie for everyone. It is a great clean movie that you can watch with the whole family!

5.0 out of 5 stars This movie is for Real, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
Heaven is for Real was a powerful and uplifting experience. The movie is inspirational and fascinating from beginning to end. From a production point of view, it was very well done: good acting, good cinematography, good use of space and sets, quite authentic. Good job of directing and very good musical score throughout. I can't wait to see it again and also to get some copies for family and friends. A Jewish friend of mine, who is not a Christian, said she loved the movie, cried all the way through it, and found it intensely inspiring for her personally. I rest my case. God bless all the people involved in making this wonderful film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heaven if for real but this movie isnt, July 26, 2014
After reading the raves about this movie, and being a person who desires to know more about heaven, I decided to purchase it. In the first half of the movie, the story moves incredibly slow. You find yourself wanting them to just get to the story of what Colton saw in heaven. It breaks up his story into bits and pieces throughout the movie, which is kind of disappointing. I haven't read the book so Im not sure what was fact and what was fiction in this movie. The church folk sure didn't appear to have a strong faith in God, heaven, or the afterlife. They seemed to just be going thru the motions of being part of some sort of "religion". Their behavior sure wasn't Christ-like. Do I believe this story? Yes, I do. I do believe in God, in Jesus, and in Heaven. And I believe that there are folks who are blessed enough to get a glimpse into the afterlife. I just think that this story could have been told so much better than it was. I am going to purchase the book and see if it paints a different picture for me. But as for the movie, it was just so-so. It left me feeling disappointed and unsatisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is for Real is a great movie!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
Best movie I have seen in a long time! I watched it with my Mom and Dad, and they felt the same way. They don't make movies like this anymore, and should!

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD release needed!, April 25, 2014
Joy (Fairfax, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
Please release this on DVD! It's too good not to own and it made me cry. Such a great movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is for Real, May 8, 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
I read the book, I watched the movie, I LOVED it and every woman that has ever had a miscarriage needs to watch this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Heaven is for Real (Amazon Instant Video)
Wonderful and uplifting! Our multi-generational famiky watched it 3 times already!

5.0 out of 5 stars "In heaven, everybody is young.", July 31, 2014
"Heaven Is For Real" portrays a true story about Colton Burpo, the four year old pastor's child who has a near death experience; and not only does he believe he's visited heaven - in that innocent wide-eyed wonder of a child - he can describe people and events that apparently prove he was there. His father, Todd, even with his religious training and his mother, Sonja, the typical pastor's wife, have trouble understanding and accepting Colton's story...and the pastor's congregation is having real difficulty with it too. Greg Kinnear, as Pastor Todd Burpo; and Kelly Reilly as his wife, deliver outstanding performances; as do Thomas Haden Church and Margo Martindale in support roles. But the standout performance is by 6-year old Connor Corum in his first movie role...what a delight and marvel this child is to watch! Respected director, Randall Wallace ("Secretariat") obviously has experience with child actors; and he works wonders with this little boy...either that or Connor Corum has truly been touched by Jesus, as his character claims in this film. My only mild disappointment is that in Pastor Todd's sermons, he is never clear on what the Christian salvation plan is...he jumps around the message but never lays it on the line. When we watched this in a crowded theater it was apparent to my wife and I that our fellow viewers were enjoying this movie as much as we did...and most were standing and clapping at the close.

Heaven is for Real