Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$9.99

on July 19, 2014
When I lost my husband in 2006, things happened that was extremely similar to this little boy's story. He said he heard music about 5 hours before he transitioned into Heaven and other things happened as well that was confirmation that he would be with Jesus in Heaven when he left this earth. Almost exactly 1 hour before he left this world, he looked at the ceiling with his eyes roaming back and forth as though he was looking at something, then he said abruptly "I have to go!" I thought he was losing oxygen to the brain so I assumed he was talking out of his head. Me and 2 other nurses were in the room with him. I said "You do? Where do you have to go?" He didn't say anything to me but kept looking at the ceiling with his eyes going back and forth then he said "I don't know. You'll have to ask her if it's okay." He was talking to someone! He was so weak by then that as he turned his head to look at me and point, he could barely do so. I knew then he was asking if he could go with the ones he was talking to. He transitioned peacefully and literally took his last breath with a smile on his face. The thought crossed my mind that he was "birthed" into Heaven. When he left his body, I could feel what he was experiencing. I learned later that this does happen sometimes with family members. He was feeling an unexplainable joy and peace. I could also sense that he was looking at his body thinking, maybe saying, there's no way I'm going back in there! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's in Heaven and one day I'll be joining him. So, needless to say, this movie made me cry... a lot! My husband now, a widower, also related to this movie. We both are not only believers of Jesus but know from experience that this is all for real... Jesus, God, Heaven... and, sadly, hell. I just thank Him for the opportunity for salvation so we can live eternally with Him and our loved ones in Heaven.
4040 comments| 466 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The movie begins with a young girl, on the other side of the world, painting a picture of an eye. You will find out what that means in the end.

This movie is a WONDERFUL heartwarming story of a young 4-year old boy who has an out-of-body experience. While in critical condition, on the operating table from a ruptured appendix, young Coulton goes to Heaven, spends time with Jesus, is sung to by angels, and meets some folks he never knew. The movie also hints at the power of prayer, when a large group of town people come together and pray. When Coulton is out of danger and back home, he begins to speak of his experiences. Coulton is so at peace, and so without fear.

The movie is also a test of faith for the folks in the small town of Imperial Nebraska, Who really wants to believe in a young boy's story? Watch as some folks' faith is challenged.

Greg Kinnear is perfect for the role of Pastor Todd Burpa. Ralph Haden Church, as Jay Wilkins, is the local banker and Todd's friend. Because this is obviously a small town community, both Todd and Jay are co-involved in other town activities.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and I highly recommend it. It is a beautiful and deeply touching story. (Bring a few kleenex because it touches your heart and soul.) I plan to purchase the DVD for my collection. I have not yet read the book but I will now!

This movie is allegedly based on the true story of the Burpa family. I can tell you that my brother had a NDE during a serious operation. As someone who did not normally believe in the "unseen," the NDE was a big surprise for him. It took him about 2 months before he was ready to share it with me. I also have a musician friend who had an NDE, and the music he plays sounds like it came right out of Heaven.
2525 comments| 404 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
Absolutely the best movie I have seen in a LOOOOOONG time! I recommend this movie for everyone. It is a great clean movie that you can watch with the whole family!
22 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2014
Heaven is for Real was a powerful and uplifting experience. The movie is inspirational and fascinating from beginning to end. From a production point of view, it was very well done: good acting, good cinematography, good use of space and sets, quite authentic. Good job of directing and very good musical score throughout. I can't wait to see it again and also to get some copies for family and friends. A Jewish friend of mine, who is not a Christian, said she loved the movie, cried all the way through it, and found it intensely inspiring for her personally. I rest my case. God bless all the people involved in making this wonderful film.
22 comments| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2014
An excellent film based on the book that chronicles the true story of the Burpo family, particularly the six year old son's near fatal illness. His visit to heaven and his recounting of events that he coul not have known will challenge one's thoughts of this life and the after life. This is a great film to watch with your family but be prepared for some great conversation afterwards.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 22, 2014
The movie Heaven Is For Real gives us a glimpse of what heaven may look like as the fact-based movie tells the story of Todd Burpo. Burpo became ill and during his illness visited heaven. The movie tells about what he saw and also tells about how his family faced their own doubts and the people who doubted whether Burpo's story was true.

The movie starts with a young girl painting a blue eye and from that point the movie moves forward telling Burpo's story. At the end of the movie you will discover the meaning of the young girl and her painting.

Overall, the movie was well-written and acted. There was a lot of incidents not shown in the movie, so I highly recommend you buy and read Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back as the book will tell the whole story as the movie did not.

I loved this movie as it reaffirms my hope that when I die I will be moving onward where I will be surrounded by the ones I love in heaven.

Highly recommend.
on August 7, 2014
I Hardly Know the Words to Convey how Exceptional and Heavenly, Christianly Moving this... 'More than just a Movie' is.... Wow!! An A+++++ at least, for the Entire Family... If "Heaven is for Real", doesn't make a Believer out of Non-Believers... NOTHING WILL!! LOVE THIS MOVIE!! EVERY ONE of the Actors could not have been better chosen! Another one for MY Library, for sure!! This Movie will be my Absolute First Class Gift, for my Loved Ones... Can't think of a Better Gift... Soooo Thankful the Author shared this Personal Journey... Other than that,...Speechless...!
on January 24, 2015
Splendid version of Todd Burpo's book not completely true to the book, but an amazing experience nonetheless. Little Conner Corum is outstanding as Colton Burpo, displaying appealing charm and believability in his story of his visit to heaven while undergoing a serious surgery for a burst appendix. This kid is pure gold, really anchors the story and other actors. Although anyone who read the book knows the story, I found the movie itself to be a little stilted and the humor forced. The instances where Todd Burpo injures himself playing softball then collapses at the ambo with painful kidney stones back to back yet seemed too much tragedy to take in all at once, making one wince. Particularly awful were the film's attempts to force humor, as when Todd is in the house screaming with pain trying to pass kidney stones and Todds wife Sonya gallops off with Colton on her back, tossing over her shoulder to an amazed parishioner " Todd is passing a stone Colton and I are going to the park" !!!! Unbelievable! A good wife would have stayed with him. Also in the same scene when the parishioner is talking to Todd through a door as he is screaming in pain, " when will you be returning to the pulpit?" Todd screams in reply, prompting the man to say, "ok talk to you later Todd" !!!! Pain is NOT funny. One more instance, when daughter Cassie punches two boys in the nose who were razzing her about Colton, and asks Todd if she is going to be punished, he looks at her thoughtfully then says " heck no I'll teach you how not to hurt your knuckles next time" !!! Sonya then giving Cassie some weird thing putting her finger to her nose and back again to Cassie -- WHAT was THAT all about? Strange. And Todd and Sonya flat broke after Coltons surgery we see them worrying about money but there is never a resolution. Todd goes to the hospital and is asked to settle his account but can't do it. Did they go bankrupt? Did they win the lottery? Like I said, a good movie, however very unsettling in spots. But the scenes with Conner Corum as Colton are pure joy, he is comeplerely believable when telling people heaven is for real. The movie gives one such a feeling of blessed assurance. (no pun intended) It gives one a peace and joy anticipating this wonderful place. Hope I make it there, hope we all do.
on July 28, 2014
It was a sweet little movie, and it did make you stop and think about what heaven is really like! I am a christian ,and I believe that some day I will see Jesus. Don't wan't to give it away, but I would watch it again! Everyone with children should sit down as a family and watch it together. That, what me and my family did, and then we discussed it. I would recommend it to any one!
on July 28, 2014
This is a great family movie that I watched with my 11 year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it and thought it was beautiful. I have not read the book so I just watched it with an open mind and heart and it really touched me. It shares the testimony of an innocent 4 year old boys experience with going to heaven when he was in the hospital and close to death. I'm so glad his father, who is a preacher, decided to share this story with the world. On a personal level, it was very spiritually refreshing to me because I'm a Christian who is often kind of hard on myself because I struggle with thinking of God as always very stern with a Fire and Brimstone perspective. However this film reminds us that God is truly love and that's what it's all about. I'm so thankful that God showed His love and beauty to this 4 year old boy so it could be shared with the world. Jesus is truly awesome and I'm going to pray that everyone who watches this film is greatly blessed