Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: Amazon VideoChange
Price:$9.99

on July 19, 2014
When I lost my husband in 2006, things happened that was extremely similar to this little boy's story. He said he heard music about 5 hours before he transitioned into Heaven and other things happened as well that was confirmation that he would be with Jesus in Heaven when he left this earth. Almost exactly 1 hour before he left this world, he looked at the ceiling with his eyes roaming back and forth as though he was looking at something, then he said abruptly "I have to go!" I thought he was losing oxygen to the brain so I assumed he was talking out of his head. Me and 2 other nurses were in the room with him. I said "You do? Where do you have to go?" He didn't say anything to me but kept looking at the ceiling with his eyes going back and forth then he said "I don't know. You'll have to ask her if it's okay." He was talking to someone! He was so weak by then that as he turned his head to look at me and point, he could barely do so. I knew then he was asking if he could go with the ones he was talking to. He transitioned peacefully and literally took his last breath with a smile on his face. The thought crossed my mind that he was "birthed" into Heaven. When he left his body, I could feel what he was experiencing. I learned later that this does happen sometimes with family members. He was feeling an unexplainable joy and peace. I could also sense that he was looking at his body thinking, maybe saying, there's no way I'm going back in there! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's in Heaven and one day I'll be joining him. So, needless to say, this movie made me cry... a lot! My husband now, a widower, also related to this movie. We both are not only believers of Jesus but know from experience that this is all for real... Jesus, God, Heaven... and, sadly, hell. I just thank Him for the opportunity for salvation so we can live eternally with Him and our loved ones in Heaven.
4040 comments433 of 489 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The movie begins with a young girl, on the other side of the world, painting a picture of an eye. You will find out what that means in the end.

This movie is a WONDERFUL heartwarming story of a young 4-year old boy who has an out-of-body experience. While in critical condition, on the operating table from a ruptured appendix, young Coulton goes to Heaven, spends time with Jesus, is sung to by angels, and meets some folks he never knew. The movie also hints at the power of prayer, when a large group of town people come together and pray. When Coulton is out of danger and back home, he begins to speak of his experiences. Coulton is so at peace, and so without fear.

The movie is also a test of faith for the folks in the small town of Imperial Nebraska, Who really wants to believe in a young boy's story? Watch as some folks' faith is challenged.

Greg Kinnear is perfect for the role of Pastor Todd Burpa. Ralph Haden Church, as Jay Wilkins, is the local banker and Todd's friend. Because this is obviously a small town community, both Todd and Jay are co-involved in other town activities.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film and I highly recommend it. It is a beautiful and deeply touching story. (Bring a few kleenex because it touches your heart and soul.) I plan to purchase the DVD for my collection. I have not yet read the book but I will now!

This movie is allegedly based on the true story of the Burpa family. I can tell you that my brother had a NDE during a serious operation. As someone who did not normally believe in the "unseen," the NDE was a big surprise for him. It took him about 2 months before he was ready to share it with me. I also have a musician friend who had an NDE, and the music he plays sounds like it came right out of Heaven.
2525 comments394 of 449 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
Absolutely the best movie I have seen in a LOOOOOONG time! I recommend this movie for everyone. It is a great clean movie that you can watch with the whole family!
22 comments74 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2014
Heaven is for Real was a powerful and uplifting experience. The movie is inspirational and fascinating from beginning to end. From a production point of view, it was very well done: good acting, good cinematography, good use of space and sets, quite authentic. Good job of directing and very good musical score throughout. I can't wait to see it again and also to get some copies for family and friends. A Jewish friend of mine, who is not a Christian, said she loved the movie, cried all the way through it, and found it intensely inspiring for her personally. I rest my case. God bless all the people involved in making this wonderful film.
22 comments194 of 239 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The movie Heaven Is For Real gives us a glimpse of what heaven may look like as the fact-based movie tells the story of Todd Burpo. Burpo became ill and during his illness visited heaven. The movie tells about what he saw and also tells about how his family faced their own doubts and the people who doubted whether Burpo's story was true.

The movie starts with a young girl painting a blue eye and from that point the movie moves forward telling Burpo's story. At the end of the movie you will discover the meaning of the young girl and her painting.

Overall, the movie was well-written and acted. There was a lot of incidents not shown in the movie, so I highly recommend you buy and read Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back as the book will tell the whole story as the movie did not.

I loved this movie as it reaffirms my hope that when I die I will be moving onward where I will be surrounded by the ones I love in heaven.

Highly recommend.
0Comment37 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
This is a great family movie that I watched with my 11 year old daughter and we both really enjoyed it and thought it was beautiful. I have not read the book so I just watched it with an open mind and heart and it really touched me. It shares the testimony of an innocent 4 year old boys experience with going to heaven when he was in the hospital and close to death. I'm so glad his father, who is a preacher, decided to share this story with the world. On a personal level, it was very spiritually refreshing to me because I'm a Christian who is often kind of hard on myself because I struggle with thinking of God as always very stern with a Fire and Brimstone perspective. However this film reminds us that God is truly love and that's what it's all about. I'm so thankful that God showed His love and beauty to this 4 year old boy so it could be shared with the world. Jesus is truly awesome and I'm going to pray that everyone who watches this film is greatly blessed
on April 25, 2014
Please release this on DVD! It's too good not to own and it made me cry. Such a great movie.
0Comment82 of 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2014
I read the book that this movie was based on -- TWICE! Definitely one of my all-time favorite books! So when I heard that they were making a movie based on the book, I was beyond excited! I pre-ordered through Amazon, and sat patiently (well, maybe not so patiently...) waiting for the movie to arrive at our door. It did arrive on July 22nd -- the same day the movie was released for purchase.

As someone who has read the book, I was a little surprised by how much "artistic license" the makers of this movie took with the story. Many of the events from the book were told in the movie, but not in the manner they happened in the book. For example, in the book Colton first told Todd about the "markers" on Jesus' clothes during a private conversation between dad and son, yet in the movie, Colton first mentioned this to a reporter who was interviewing him. (While I'm on the topic, I was also very disappointed that the movie didn't explain the importance of the "markers"; the book did explain this, and it is further proof, in my opinion, that this was not something a 4-year-old could possibly know or understand -- unless he did, indeed, see this while in Heaven!). Another example was the discussion about Colton meeting and talking to "Pops" in Heaven. In the book, this conversation took place during a truck ride; in the movie, it took place in their house. However, the movie was true to the story in the sense that most of the events were told, even if in different contexts.

I was somewhat disappointed in the fact that much of what was told in the book was left out of the movie. In the book, Colton goes into much greater detail about what he saw in Heaven, and his conversations with Jesus, as well as with relatives he had never met before, or had no way of knowing about (as in the case of his older sister, who had died in utero). The movie barely touches on this. However, I suppose that it is impossible to include everything in the book in an approximately 90-minute movie.

The acting performances were very good. We were particularly impressed with the acting ability of the little boy who played Colton. He was exceptionally believable in this role. Will be interesting to see him in other roles in the future. Greg Kinnear was perfect in the role of Todd Burpo. Not only did he look remarkably like the real-life Todd, but he was very believable in the role. It was heart-wrenching to see how even a pastor can be angry with God when his son goes through a health crisis; how his faith can be tested when his son claims he was in Heaven, and the resulting fallout from the church members and public that nearly costs him his livelihood; and how his obsession with his son's revelations, as well as their mounting financial difficulties, causes tension in his marriage.

Overall, this movie was exceptionally well-told, well-acted, and well-made. I am glad we purchased this DVD, because I know this is one movie that we will want to watch over and over again.

I would also highly recommend the book, "Heaven Is For Real." If you like the movie, you will love the book, as the book goes into much greater detail. After reading the book about the experiences as told by a 4-year-old, I find it difficult to understand how anyone could doubt the existence of Heaven and a living God!
on August 7, 2014
I Hardly Know the Words to Convey how Exceptional and Heavenly, Christianly Moving this... 'More than just a Movie' is.... Wow!! An A+++++ at least, for the Entire Family... If "Heaven is for Real", doesn't make a Believer out of Non-Believers... NOTHING WILL!! LOVE THIS MOVIE!! EVERY ONE of the Actors could not have been better chosen! Another one for MY Library, for sure!! This Movie will be my Absolute First Class Gift, for my Loved Ones... Can't think of a Better Gift... Soooo Thankful the Author shared this Personal Journey... Other than that,...Speechless...!
on July 19, 2014
Wonderful and uplifting! Our multi-generational famiky watched it 3 times already!